UFC 77 Contest

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Alirght, Dance, I'll count your pick as Maia by sub. You can edit your original post if you wish.

Ugab, you forgot yorur time for the main event.

Polls close in about 15 minutes (8 pm est) because fights start then.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Maia is a ground wizard transitioning to MMA. If Jensen wins it will be on the feet (he looked strong and aggressive there) or by GNP. If he loses, it will be by sub.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't realize his history in Abu Dhabi. I think he has good takedowns as well.
    •   

3. Told

You

So

4. Just glancing at it, I think Beowulf's got this one.

5. Damn it, mmalinker doesn't have the fights up yet. Anyone know of another that has them?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Told

You

So
    You were right. I knew Jensen was in trouble when Maia came out to the Last of The Mohicans 'theme song'. Jensen's intro song was dope to though. Beo's been into MMA for a year or so and already analyzes fights better, ****in dork

Anderson Silva has now moved up from #5 to #2 on my favorite fighters list, for anyone that could possibly care. Dude's movement is the best sh*t I've seen since Barry Sanders. Class act, exciting fighter, and wins! I remember arguing with Sir Savage aka Tony 'the Barnacle' Savage about Anderson's ability/future. So far it looks like Savage was right, although I still want to see him against the likes of Hendo/Lindland/Filho, whom I thought he would lose to, and am now unsure. Anderson seems to be unbelievably strong for what he looks like, and I'm not sure anyone even at 205 can beat him. I think Anderson stands a good chance of beating Rampage if they were to fight. Scary thing is Anderson could probably cut to 170 if he wanted to.

With all the talent available would it be possible for us to start seeing some better cards Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the PPV, but I want better.

7. The fight is up now at mmalinker for those who didn't get the PPV.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post

Anderson Silva has now moved up from #5 to #2 on my favorite fighters list, for anyone that could possibly care. Dude's movement is the best sh*t I've seen since Barry Sanders. Class act, exciting fighter, and wins! I remember arguing with Sir Savage aka Tony 'the Barnacle' Savage about Anderson's ability/future. So far it looks like Savage was right, although I still want to see him against the likes of Hendo/Lindland/Filho, whom I thought he would lose to, and am now unsure. Anderson seems to be unbelievably strong for what he looks like, and I'm not sure anyone even at 205 can beat him. I think Anderson stands a good chance of beating Rampage if they were to fight. Scary thing is Anderson could probably cut to 170 if he wanted to.
    Guy just has sick talent and ability.

The most impressive part about him, I think, is just how every strike he throws is like a precision-guided bomb. It's just ridiculous how he lands anything he wants, anytime he wants.

9. That was one of the best 1st rounds that I have seen in awhile in the UFC. Franklin looked better, but damn Silva is just sick, unreal, freaking awesome!!!!!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    Guy just has sick talent and ability.

The most impressive part about him, I think, is just how every strike he throws is like a precision-guided bomb. It's just ridiculous how he lands anything he wants, anytime he wants.
    Absolutely, the guy is unreal. BTW thanks for the tub of Synthesize you bought me with the winnings from the Fedor/Lindland bet

11. Ha! Anytime.

12. Jensen was robbed, immediate rematch. His music is what the huskers walk out to at football games (he's from NE). Maybe that was his downfall.

How did they not stop the Starnes fight at the end of the first? I like Belcher. He's exciting but needs to work a little on his hands.

I'm not sure why Vera kept clinching with Tim. Dumb. He was winning on the outside most of the time.

Franklin really never stood a chance. He should have gone for the takedown in the second after the near KO at the end of rd 1. Silva's tough to beat. Maybe Terry Martin? (****in Alex) No way Anderson could hang with Page, but he's bigger than people think. His arms were about the same size as Franklin's in the staredown. His build just makes him look thinner.

Good crowd tonight, no booing. We're just more classy in the midwest.

Alex,
    their = possessive pronoun
    there=location

13. Tim sylvia should have lost the fight and i think most people saw it that way as well, brandon vera was totaly dominating the fight and i think sherdog.com saw it the same way.

14. Sylvia won the 1st and 3rd IMO. Vera definitely took the 2nd. The first was close, though.

15. Contest results
    Winner - Beowulf -20

Rodja, Piston, Alex -16
    UNC, reaper - 15
    Rogue, jas -14
    Savage, dance -13
    ninja - 12
    KingMeso, andro, brass, ugab -10
    firefighter - 5

16. Nice! I think I should start betting on these things.

Jensen got taken down early by a grappling wizard, and he fought off the subs and even regained guard against a world class guy. Maia obviously had a lot of respect for him, and the fans should too. We don't know it yet, but I think Maia will be a top guy soon, along with Leites. So 2 losses to top guys in the division are nothing for Jensen to be ashamed of.

I don't even know what to say about A. Silva. He is the slickest fighter in the world right now. Some bigger guys could beat and control him, but I think he has the best total package on the planet (no gay innuendos intended). It seems that he lures his opponents into thinking they are competing, and then he counters and unloads. He lands knees at crazy angles that I don't think any other MMAist is capable of. He seems dangerous as hell on the ground too. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather see fight. Even when he got caught, and then did some crazy bobbing and weaving, Franklin backed away, but still got caught with a spinning backfist. Constant creativity for Silva.

Did anyone notice Franklin saying, "What happened"? It was right after the interview, after the bald guy from his corner kissed him. His brains were just a wee bit addled.

The rest of the card was pretty weak, but Silva rescued it.

However, I think 78 will be a sick event. The main event is the only fight I don't care about.

17. What was with Franklin looking at the clock or bigscreen? Wierd cause he wasn't doing too bad at that point.

A. Silva may be the top pfp fighter right now with Fedor being relatively inactive.

18. Don't forget Rich was hit with that spinning back kick. From his reaction, it was obvious that hurt him badly, though he tried to engage after.

Silva's combs were so sick. He seamlessly alternated punches, low kicks, and precision knees in the flurry that led to the win.

19. Silva is clearly an Alien from a far out dimension. The guy is not human thats for sure.

I would be a fan of his if he didn't completely ruin the career of the most stand up and likeable guys in the UFC.

20. I never thought that Franklin had more than a puncher's chance. Silva has simply dissected every opponent hes had in the UFC. I loved his fight with Leben.

Has anyone seen any of his pre UFC fights? Are they worth watching?

21. at least I was close this time. Hey by UFc 80 I will have it down

22. Wasnt there supposed to be an announcement about Wandy and his oppenent at 79?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Wasnt there supposed to be an announcement about Wandy and his oppenent at 79?
    Goldy hinted at some announcement but it never happened. DirecTV already posted the listing for UFC 79 having Chuck vs Wandy on the card.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Jensen was robbed, immediate rematch. His music is what the huskers walk out to at football games (he's from NE). Maybe that was his downfall.

How did they not stop the Starnes fight at the end of the first? I like Belcher. He's exciting but needs to work a little on his hands.

I'm not sure why Vera kept clinching with Tim. Dumb. He was winning on the outside most of the time.

Franklin really never stood a chance. He should have gone for the takedown in the second after the near KO at the end of rd 1. Silva's tough to beat. Maybe Terry Martin? (****in Alex) No way Anderson could hang with Page, but he's bigger than people think. His arms were about the same size as Franklin's in the staredown. His build just makes him look thinner.

Good crowd tonight, no booing. We're just more classy in the midwest.

Alex,
    their = possessive pronoun
    there=location
    I don't see their or there in my post, ****face. Why couldn't Anderson hang with Page? Rampage does not like the plum clinch, and Anderson is a master in the plum clinch. I would give Anderson a 30-40% chance of winning against Rampage. Oh and your crowd was booing Sylvia plenty, poor oaf. Vera certainly didn't beat Sylvia, although I wish he would've, Sylvia won the 1st and 3rd with the 3rd being pretty dominant.

25. Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Silva is clearly an Alien from a far out dimension. The guy is not human thats for sure.

I would be a fan of his if he didn't completely ruin the career of the most stand up and likeable guys in the UFC.
    You must be talking about Leben

26. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    You must be talking about Leben
    Yeah, everyone sure does love Leben.
    Franklin still has a huge following so his career isn't ruined just derailed a bit.

27. Franklin is going to need to make a decision about his weight. 185 is a waste now, so do you move to 205 and take a chance in a crowded decision, or can you possibly move down?

28. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Franklin is going to need to make a decision about his weight. 185 is a waste now, so do you move to 205 and take a chance in a crowded decision, or can you possibly move down?
    Rich is a huge 185'er so there is no possible way he could cut to 170.

I don't see why he would move to 205 either. I think he can beat any 185'er in the UFC except Silva. He is going to have to deal with that, start fighting contenders and hope Silva loses the belt.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I don't see their or there in my post, ****face. Why couldn't Anderson hang with Page? Rampage does not like the plum clinch, and Anderson is a master in the plum clinch. I would give Anderson a 30-40% chance of winning against Rampage. Oh and your crowd was booing Sylvia plenty, poor oaf. Vera certainly didn't beat Sylvia, although I wish he would've, Sylvia won the 1st and 3rd with the 3rd being pretty dominant.
    Well, Sylvia goes without saying. You're supposed to boo him. I'm just being an ass, Alovich. I noticed that you mix it up a lot, sort of like I frequently skip words and Rogue overpunctuates to ridiculous levels. We'll see if Rampage 2.0 can defend against the thai clinch. My guess is yes, at least against someone smaller like Silva.

30. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Well, Sylvia goes without saying. You're supposed to boo him. I'm just being an ass, Alovich. I noticed that you mix it up a lot, sort of like I frequently skip words and Rogue overpunctuates to ridiculous levels. We'll see if Rampage 2.0 can defend against the thai clinch. My guess is yes, at least against someone smaller like Silva.
    I think I still have them mixed up, as well as my to/too's. Isn't Beo an english teacher? Maybe he could help me. Although he doesn't seem to acknowledge anyone's posts.

Do you think theres any chance of Evans beating 2.0? I think it will be a good fight, but 2.0 will get the win.

I actually started to feel a little bad for the sh*t in the pants oaf, then I just remembered a few of his victory celebrations.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 07:46 PM
  2. Brandon Vera vs Tim Sylvia at UFC 77
    By Tattooed76 in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:45 AM
  3. Ufc 77
    By UNCfan1 in forum MMA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 06:10 PM