1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

FightSkool

In the midst of my shoulder surgery, going through a divorce, and losing a ton of weight (not what I wanted to do), I decided to try out for a local version of TUF called FightSkool. Keep in mind I've never practiced any MMA or the likes ever. I go in for the audition for Saturday and there are about 40 or so people there. I was pretty nervous but was determined to get through it. Needless to say it was the hardest workout I've ever done. I knew my cardio wasnt that great, but this was an hour of pure hell, and I loved it. At the end, I was one of the 15 picked even though I messed my knee up on one of the drills. Gotta get that knee back in shape before the next cuts. I'm just really happy with myself that I beat out all of those people and that the coaches saw something in me. The only thing I'm not real happy about is they want me to fight in the LHW division, I was hoping for HW, but I guess I can move up in time. Wish me luck, and if there are any Canadians on here, it will be showing there on the Fight Network each week. It will be here locally in SW Indiana on TSN.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.94%

Wow Tat! congratulations. Sorry to hear about all the personal stuff.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Well done.
    I am not familiar with the program, so a question. Are they looking to teach someone how to fight? Or are they looking for someone who already knows how to fight? I ask because as you stated you have never practiced any MMA before, so it honestly would be completely unfair and unsafe to have you compete against a trained fighter.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%

It is based on having people come in raw and train them. There is one guy there that has 1 fight under his belt, but I dont think anyone else has fought.
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.3%

That's cool. Best work on your takedown defense, 6'7" 205 usually makes for an easy takedown, or great leverage, however you want to look at it. Good luck, keep us updated.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%

Nice work, TP. Sorry to hear about the tough events in your personal life, but it sounds like you have something else fun to focus on in your life.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    That's cool. Best work on your takedown defense, 6'7" 205 usually makes for an easy takedown, or great leverage, however you want to look at it. Good luck, keep us updated.
    That is something I need to work on, but as of now, I am relying on swift and punishing knees to the face if someone tries to shoot in, and legs kicks and jabs to keep them at bay.
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.73%

With that size, id say go for Muay Tai(SP?) technique. the knees will be able to get high enough for stomach or face if you can clinch and pull him down. If you notice he like to try and knee or is quick do not try and shoot, if he looks less mobile and doesnt focus any leg kicks or kneeing, try to shoot on him.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.23%

Dude, at 6'7" I wouldn't shoot at all. It is impossible to get that low on inevitably shorter guys. Learn to sprawl like crazy, b/c short guys can shoot easily, and tall guys are easier to take down.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%

Just found out last night they cut me because of my knee issues. Said they dont want me to continue for fear I'll seriously damage something with my knee. I'm disappointed, but understand why they did this. They did tell me if I get my knee fixed they will be having another show in the spring, maybe by then I can have it fixed and be in the HW division like I wanted.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.98%

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    Just found out last night they cut me because of my knee issues. Said they dont want me to continue for fear I'll seriously damage something with my knee. I'm disappointed, but understand why they did this. They did tell me if I get my knee fixed they will be having another show in the spring, maybe by then I can have it fixed and be in the HW division like I wanted.
    Bummer dude. Hey, making the cut to 15 is still something to be psyched about (I would be). Just get the knee ready for the spring. Good job Tat.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%

Quote Originally Posted by KingMeso View Post
    Bummer dude. Hey, making the cut to 15 is still something to be psyched about (I would be). Just get the knee ready for the spring. Good job Tat.
    This just gives me motivation to possibly fight in the spring and run through all of the guys he picked and make a statement that he ****ed up by not letting me go on.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%

the videos and first episode are up

http://www.fadedproductions.com/then...ld/AutoMobile/