The new TUF thread.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didnt see one on here for this seasons TUF....anyone watching? what you guys think? This is the place to talk about the show.

First off, it pisses me off that really tall lanky white dude on Hughes' team is even there! WTF! the guy has nothing, nothing, NOTHING! at all, probably cant even do 20 pushups. It pisses me off because WTF were they thinking there are thousands of guys that deserved the oppurtunity.

Last edited:
UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I didnt see one on here for this seasons TUF....anyone watching? what you guys think? This is the place to talk about the show.

First off, it pisses me off that really tall lanky white dude on Hughes' team is even there! WTF! the guy has nothing, nothing, NOTHING! at all, probably cant even do 20 pushups. It pisses me off because WTF were they thinking there are thousands of guys that deserved the company.
LOL u talking about Bowman from GA? Dude got spanked fast! I love watching TUF. Another thing I find very funny is how emotional they get. The black guy last night got dizzy and didn't want the coaches to see which is ok in my book, he didn't want to leave the show or what have u. But then he got all emotional and started to cry a little same with Bowman.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I missed this last one, but the fights have been terrible. I think that TUF usually has a number of poor fighters brought in to add character to the show and moderately build up the 4 to 6 good fighters on the show.

Scarola's a little *****. If you can't leave your woman for a week without worrying then you need to drop her. Glad he left. Aside from the inappropriate bible session, I think Hughes has come off pretty well.

L

Lightning

Awards
So far this season has been a joke. 2 fighters have given up and 1 was so underqualified he shouldnt have even been on the show. It has to get better than this. Serra keeps talking about what a pompous dikk Hughes is, but IMO he is the one looking like one.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, Serra is making himself look bad while Hughes actually looks better.

I cant remember but is it double elimination this season?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nope, still single elim. Its been pretty sad thus far. On the good side, is that this is the first year I didnt know the finals at the start ofthe season

L

Lightning

Awards
nope, still single elim. Its been pretty sad thus far. On the good side, is that this is the first year I didnt know the finals at the start ofthe season

I agree, I cant put 2 clearly over the others. I think Danzig is going to the finals, but I thought the same thing about Lauzon last season.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I agree, I cant put 2 clearly over the others. I think Danzig is going to the finals, but I thought the same thing about Lauzon last season.
They've focused a lot of the show on Danzig so that makes me think that he is going to the finals or will be a major annoyance in the house.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
for some reason i think the black dude with the mohawk will be one of the last....just going on a hunch.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude that guy Dan who lost last night....what a scrub. Dude doesnt have a killer instinct, he was just staring at that guy (Ben). For someone with a nice body he didnt have anything to offer. Ben looks pretty damn good tho, i expect him to get far, at leas the semi's.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Last Night's fight should have gone to round 3. Dan won round 1 and Ben won round 2. In all honesty though, I think Ben would have won anyway as Dan did nothing in the 2nd round and Ben seemed like he was getting more comfortable, but you never know. I'm also surprised Dan didn't do more in the first after he nailed Ben. He should have either jump on top or let him up right away. He just stood there for a good 20 seconds letting the guy recover.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I had to place a bet I think it will be Mac and War Machine in the finals. Mac is the best fighter there, but I have thought that before in other seasons (Bobby Southworth, Joe Lauzon, etc....)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
If I had to place a bet I think it will be Mac and War Machine in the finals. Mac is the best fighter there, but I have thought that before in other seasons (Bobby Southworth, Joe Lauzon, etc....)
I agree on Mac. Even though he is smaller, I'm pretty sure he should be a LW, he is the most skilled and the most experienced. On a side note, he could be the new "Captain Miserable" too ;) . I don't think War Machine has the discipline or the desire to actually win it all. We haven't seen a lot of the other top picks yet, like George, Tommy, or J-Roc. I reserve my pick for the 2nd finalist after the next 3 fights :)

L

Lightning

Awards
Last Night's fight should have gone to round 3. Dan won round 1 and Ben won round 2. In all honesty though, I think Ben would have won anyway as Dan did nothing in the 2nd round and Ben seemed like he was getting more comfortable, but you never know. I'm also surprised Dan didn't do more in the first after he nailed Ben. He should have either jump on top or let him up right away. He just stood there for a good 20 seconds letting the guy recover.

I agree that it should have gone to a 3rd round. I dont think Dan wanted any part of a third round. I may be wrong, but it looked to me like Dan was trying to quit at the end of the 2nd .

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
That dude Dan was a bit of a joke. He seems athletic and everything, but who trains like that. I loved seeing Hughes tool on him. It was a rare moment of me actually liking Hughes.

As stated, he definitely didn't have killer instinct. He was actually punching at Ben's toes :lol:

Dan seemed tough in practice with grappling, but once it came to the fight, he was running away the whole time. It might have been the blood.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think at the end of the day it will be Mac who will then drop to 155, best option for him. He will probably be better @ 155 than Nate.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
i think it was good @ round 2 i saw it dan won the frist round 10-9 and ben won the second to me 10-8 because dan just walked around the cage it was stupid, o TROY RUDE BOY ALL DA WAY!!! him and the war machine

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think at the end of the day it will be Mac who will then drop to 155, best option for him. He will probably be better @ 155 than Nate.
He will probably drop to LW and he is not going to win this show; he is just too small.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just watch the one with the Miles dude, the other big guy in the comp. The one that got choked out....dissappointed in that guy too, he just froze up. He has to be the strongest guy in the house and he just didnt have what it took to get the win either, seems alot of these guys cant handle the pressure or something. I was also think maybe its Hughes' coaching, maybe they feel like they are expected to do too much or something. His team keeps losing.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He will probably drop to LW and he is not going to win this show; he is just too small.
I agree he is a natural 155lber but I am not sure if anyone on that show can match him technically. Maybe the mohawk but that might be it. I would love to see Hightower kick his a$$ for all the trash talking

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I just watch the one with the Miles dude, the other big guy in the comp. The one that got choked out....dissappointed in that guy too, he just froze up. He has to be the strongest guy in the house and he just didnt have what it took to get the win either, seems alot of these guys cant handle the pressure or something. I was also think maybe its Hughes' coaching, maybe they feel like they are expected to do too much or something. His team keeps losing.
Yeah, oddly enough the 2 seasons with the worst fights have been this one and TUF 2 (Rashad-Tom Murphy, Mike Whitehead choked hard, ......) and Hughes coached in both.

All of these dudes seem really inexperienced. One was 0-0? Barrera who was Hughes first pick and thought to be solid was 1-0? WTF, get some more experienced fighters. Dudes with like 7+ fights.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, oddly enough the 2 seasons with the worst fights have been this one and TUF 2 (Rashad-Tom Murphy, Mike Whitehead choked hard, ......) and Hughes coached in both.

All of these dudes seem really inexperienced. One was 0-0? Barrera who was Hughes first pick and thought to be solid was 1-0? WTF, get some more experienced fighters. Dudes with like 7+ fights.
No sh1t man, id like to see some guys with alot of skills and some experience on the show i mean i got nothing against joe schmo but i think there are alot of fighters out there that devote alot more and work harder at MMA then the guys that are chosen...sometimes i just dont get Dana White. I mean the guy's name is DANA lol.

S

size

Awards
  • Established
Mac Danzig should not even be on the show. He is an accomplished fighter.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Dana is definitely a confused individual. He was paying some guys $2G to fight on the undercard, and then he gave Barrera a $5G bonus for a horrendous performance. Dana seemed to think the guy did well. Aside from landing 1 good punch, he punched at Saunders' toes and ran awkwardly away when on the feet.

I think Hughes definitely has a horrible attitude for a coach. He puts way too much pressure on his guys and then blames the whole team for a loss.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Dana is definitely a confused individual. He was paying some guys $2G to fight on the undercard, and then he gave Barrera a $5G bonus for a horrendous performance. Dana seemed to think the guy did well. Aside from landing 1 good punch, he punched at Saunders' toes and ran awkwardly away when on the feet.

I think Hughes definitely has a horrible attitude for a coach. He puts way too much pressure on his guys and then blames the whole team for a loss.
Good posting. Hughes, IMO, has a horrible attitude in general. Great fighter, sh*tty person. Anderson was quoted as calling him "a cocky dwarf", might have been mixed up a bit in translation, but in general that's what he meant. That may be the only person Anderson has talked sh*t about as well. He also stated that Hughes is a very good fighter.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I didn't get the bonus either. It was more competitive than the one-sided beatdowns of this season, but just because one fighter didn't completely give up. Barrera landed maybe 2 punches in the first with one that dropped Saunder's. Saunder's continuously landed and had Dan running. The first round to Saunders wasn't ridiculous. I also think that Barrera had a lot of trouble dealing with the reach of S like Emerson-Hill. I love how Dan said that he won the first round 10-8. Ok:fool2:

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I didn't get the bonus either. It was more competitive than the one-sided beatdowns of this season, but just because one fighter didn't completely give up. Barrera landed maybe 2 punched in the first with one that dropped Saunder's. Saunder's continuously landed and had Dan running. The first round to Saunders wasn't ridiculous. I also think that Barrera had a lot of trouble dealing with the reach of S like Emerson-Hill. I love how Dan said that he won the first round 10-8. Ok:fool2:

agree it was more like 10-9 frist round for dan and then 10-8 second round for saunder so i saw it at like 19-18 for saunders but Dana is very very well umm unique is the word i think hahaha

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good posting. Hughes, IMO, has a horrible attitude in general. Great fighter, sh*tty person. Anderson was quoted as calling him "a cocky dwarf", might have been mixed up a bit in translation, but in general that's what he meant. That may be the only person Anderson has talked sh*t about as well. He also stated that Hughes is a very good fighter.
Anderson, as in Silva?

Dana is an idiot sometimes, are you serious? That was an awesome fight?, i sure didnt think so. A good performance from Ben but Dan was a fvckin slouch for real, why, because he got busted open and didnt quit he gets 5k?.....yeah whatever Dana.

L

Lightning

Awards

I dont know about that. They said the same thing about Manny Gamburian and Matt Serra.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Now that you guys mention it, perhaps it wasn't a draw b/c of a 10-8 round. I know the judges rarely give a 10-8 round but that 2nd could have conceivably been 10-8 for Ben. Throw in the fact that someone could have given Ben round 1....I personally saw it as 10-9 for Dan.

Judging could have been anywhere from:
19-19 Draw
20-18 Ben
19-18 Ben
20-17 Ben

I saw a 19-19 draw in rounds with Ben "wining" the actual fight if you could score a fight overall (like Pride). I wouldn't be opposed to a 19-18 win for Ben though.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
does anyone have any spoilers for the finale? I have heard a rumor but not 100% certain.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
J-rock really sucked and his standup looked terrible. I was expecting more from him. Hughes always seems to pick terrible matchups for his guys. George looked pretty good in another lopsided beatdown.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Is it safe to say this is the worst season so far?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i missed it today. I had to go pick up my stranded at work girlfriend and traffic from idiots that cant drive when a little bit of rain falls...Im gathering jrock lost....?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overhand right I believe dropped him

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Overhand right I believe dropped him
I thought it was an uppercut?

George was the Australian dude that I hadn't seen before and he nearly KOed him on the feet then put in a few extra punches on the ground.

No doubt, Lightning. He was scared to get hit and it's probably tied with Season 2 for the worst ever.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was funny how George never wakes his teammates up. Then Ben *****es at him for not waking him up. I guess Ben has a point that George could just be nice and wake them up, but George also made a great point saying "Do I owe you anything? Am I your mom? - Wake yourself up".
Hughes is getting so frustrated it's hilarious. Hughes is being a little too tough on his guys I think. Like Mac said, most of these guys are rookies and are very nervous. They aren't in there with a clear head listening to everything Matt is saying. Matt had a point with some of the guys' poor game plans or performances, but I thought Dan and J-Roc fought the best they could given the situation (even Dana said Dan fought his heart out).
Serra is coming off as more of an idiot imo. He basically just bashes Hughes non-stop.

The fight went as I thought it would standing up. I was hoping JRoc would take it to the ground but I guess he didn't want to. You could tell he was slower and less accurrate standing up and he needed to get inside or go to the ground or he'd get caught. And he got caught. It's ok, b/c he pulled a Chris Leben after the fight, so Dana will have him back b/c he's got passion ;) --- Actually I would watch him again in the UFC on a fight night or something though. He's a very likable guy.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really think with George's hands he will make the finals either against Mac or Koppenhaver.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was an uppercut?

George was the Australian dude that I hadn't seen before and he nearly KOed him on the feet then put in a few extra punches on the ground.

No doubt, Lightning. He was scared to get hit and it's probably tied with Season 2 for the worst ever.
It was an uppercut and the a quick couple of punches that dropped him.

J-Rock was a huge disappointment. What was up with those kicks? His fighting stance looked just like Liddell to me. Alot of these guys look good until they step in the octagon, then they freeze up and seem forget how to fight.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hughes mind fvcks his guys so that they can't perform. I can't believe Serra's guys are outperforming Hughes' to such an extent. I don't think they're better; I think it is the coaching style.

J-Roc seems to be a good grappler. I can't imagine why he didn't take it to the ground or keep it there. George had the right mindset to fight. He's looking like a good candidate for the finals vs. Mac. I don't think anyone else is on their level, though next weeks fight should be entertaining.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Well, that was a better fight than most. The first round was great while the second was kind of slow and War machine seemed to just be looking to survive. Tommy seems like Hughes' Jr. Glad that this **** storm of a first round is over and hopefully we'll have some competitive matches.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Well, that was a better fight than most. The first round was great while the second was kind of slow and War machine seemed to just be looking to survive. Tommy seems like Hughes' Jr. Glad that this **** storm of a first round is over and hopefully we'll have some competitive matches.
Yeah, the fights should be much better, now that the Thackers have been eliminated. Their just aren't really any characters on the show. I can't stand guys like Leben in person, but that's the type of guy I want to watch on tv. Maybe Danzig will provide some more sociopathic moments.

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
This season seriously severley sucks.

Both the quality of the fights and the house drama, weak.

Overall Fighter Aptitude and Personality has dropped enormously since the best season, the first.

Question - Mac Danzig is undersized for this weight class? For whatever reason, I haven't been able to gauge this.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
This season seriously severley sucks.

Both the quality of the fights and the house drama, weak.

Overall Fighter Aptitude and Personality has dropped enormously since the best season, the first.

Question - Mac Danzig is undersized for this weight class? For whatever reason, I haven't been able to gauge this.
I think all of the seasons had some pretty weak 1st round fights. We should see something better this next round....I hope. Also, there does appear to be a lot of personalities in the house but for whatever reason all we see is Hughes pissed off and Serra making fun of Hughes or calling him a penis.

The could probably do an entire episode of Dan B., that guy is insane. JRoc seems funny. I think the next couple should be good. Especially when the fighters who are already done start to drink a lot more and start to outnumber the guys who are left.....drunken mob mentality.

Mac is definitely small for WW. He normally fights at 155 or PRIDE's 160lb division. Compare him to Tommy or Billy from this season who appear around 190lbs. I bet he is normally only 175 or so. I'm sure he'll be like a lot of the guys from previous TUFs and drop down to LW.