Fedor Signs With M-1...................

1. Banned
    Answers

Fedor Signs With M-1...................

The Fight Network :: ALL FIGHTS ALL THE TIME :: Get it on!

Way to waste the rest of your career you stubborn ****. Lets see which MW he will fight next!

2. Gold Member
    Answers

I think Dana is also responsible. I can understand not wanting someone to compete in a different combat sport where his aura of invincibility could be compromised, but it sounds like he wouldn't face any real competition.

This is a huge missed opportunity for Fedor and the UFC.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

It says that M-1 was bought by an American company...I wonder who their new owners are???
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Answers

Showtime/Elite XC. Hopefully they'll pick up Barnett, and Fedor can have one good fight.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

2 things that might have had an impact on this are the owner of m1 before the buy out was fedors manager and the second is that UFC wouldnt allow fedor to compete in sambo competition. I dont know if these reason are exactly true, but I cant understand why UFC couldnt get him signed, it couldnt be money.
  6. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    2 things that might have had an impact on this are the owner of m1 before the buy out was fedors manager and the second is that UFC wouldnt allow fedor to compete in sambo competition. I dont know if these reason are exactly true, but I cant understand why UFC couldnt get him signed, it couldnt be money.
    I know exactly why the UFC couldnt sign Fedor. Fedor never intended to sign with UFC in the first place. He just used them as bargaining leverage and to also project the illusion that he wasnt ducking top competition. Just like the OWGP all over again Fedor is ducking top competition.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    I know exactly why the UFC couldnt sign Fedor. Fedor never intended to sign with UFC in the first place. He just used them as bargaining leverage and to also project the illusion that he wasnt ducking top competition. Just like the OWGP all over again Fedor is ducking top competition.
    Yeah, that's it...Fedor is ducking the competition. He had reconstructive surgery on his hand before the OWGP, get your facts straight before you call out a fighter. Besides, who was Fedor ducking in the OWGP? The only real "threats" were fighters he had already decisively beaten (except for Barnett).Fedor signed with M-1 because it is in his home country and he can compete in Sambo tournaments.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Hard to say. I don't think that's the whole truth, Norris, but there may be some truth to it. For some reason, I don't feel like Fedor wants to fight top competition. There are still a few fights that they could put together that would be competitive.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

This saddens me. I wanted to see Fedor in the cage vs the top guys. Now it appears he'll fade away at a time when MMA is getting huge. Who's a non-UFC HW worth fighting? Barnett and Hunt are the only ones I can think of.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Looks like Arona has signed a 4 fight deal with M-1. Possible re-match with Fedor? Arona could debatably be a tougher fight for Fedor than Couture. Fedor via the GnP he couldn't use in their RINGS fight!
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Hard to say. I don't think that's the whole truth, Norris, but there may be some truth to it. For some reason, I don't feel like Fedor wants to fight top competition. There are still a few fights that they could put together that would be competitive.
    I just caught this, how dare you? I hope a keg falls on your foot or something in your next comp
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I just caught this, how dare you? I hope a keg falls on your foot or something in your next comp
    Haha. I just feel like he hasn't looked good (or not "Fedor" good) in a while, whether it was injuries or some sort of motivation issue, who knows. He is someone that rises to the occasion often so we'll see what happens.

He'll have to be on top of his game for Magmodev
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Haha. I just feel like he hasn't looked good (or not "Fedor" good) in a while, whether it was injuries or some sort of motivation issue, who knows. He is someone that rises to the occasion often so we'll see what happens.

He'll have to be on top of his game for Magmodev
    I think Magomedov's liver is still hurting from that CC middle kick, that's one of Fedor's favorite spots, ask Fujita. You're right about Fedor looking subpar recently. Against CC normally I think he would've crushed him with GnP, but his hand was hurt. He looked off against Hunt. Tough to say what he looked like against Lindland. I mean it's never a good idea to let someone punch you in the face like he did Lindland, obviously just misjudged distance. I'm thinking a healthy Fedor is going to dish out some wolverine like beatdowns.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

It looks like Arona didn't sign with M1.

Another rumor - Filho will fight Trigg Dec. 12th.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fedor signed with Stikeforce.
    By EVILADAMS in forum MMA
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 02:01 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 07:37 PM
  3. Nick Diaz signs with Pride!
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM