Fedor Signs With M-1...................

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
:yawn: I think Dana is also responsible. I can understand not wanting someone to compete in a different combat sport where his aura of invincibility could be compromised, but it sounds like he wouldn't face any real competition.

This is a huge missed opportunity for Fedor and the UFC.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It says that M-1 was bought by an American company...I wonder who their new owners are???

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Showtime/Elite XC. Hopefully they'll pick up Barnett, and Fedor can have one good fight.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
2 things that might have had an impact on this are the owner of m1 before the buy out was fedors manager and the second is that UFC wouldnt allow fedor to compete in sambo competition. I dont know if these reason are exactly true, but I cant understand why UFC couldnt get him signed, it couldnt be money.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 things that might have had an impact on this are the owner of m1 before the buy out was fedors manager and the second is that UFC wouldnt allow fedor to compete in sambo competition. I dont know if these reason are exactly true, but I cant understand why UFC couldnt get him signed, it couldnt be money.
I know exactly why the UFC couldnt sign Fedor. Fedor never intended to sign with UFC in the first place. He just used them as bargaining leverage and to also project the illusion that he wasnt ducking top competition. Just like the OWGP all over again Fedor is ducking top competition.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know exactly why the UFC couldnt sign Fedor. Fedor never intended to sign with UFC in the first place. He just used them as bargaining leverage and to also project the illusion that he wasnt ducking top competition. Just like the OWGP all over again Fedor is ducking top competition.
Yeah, that's it...Fedor is ducking the competition. He had reconstructive surgery on his hand before the OWGP, get your facts straight before you call out a fighter. Besides, who was Fedor ducking in the OWGP? The only real "threats" were fighters he had already decisively beaten (except for Barnett).Fedor signed with M-1 because it is in his home country and he can compete in Sambo tournaments.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hard to say. I don't think that's the whole truth, Norris, but there may be some truth to it. For some reason, I don't feel like Fedor wants to fight top competition. There are still a few fights that they could put together that would be competitive.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
This saddens me. I wanted to see Fedor in the cage vs the top guys. Now it appears he'll fade away at a time when MMA is getting huge. Who's a non-UFC HW worth fighting? Barnett and Hunt are the only ones I can think of.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Looks like Arona has signed a 4 fight deal with M-1. Possible re-match with Fedor? Arona could debatably be a tougher fight for Fedor than Couture. Fedor via the GnP he couldn't use in their RINGS fight!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hard to say. I don't think that's the whole truth, Norris, but there may be some truth to it. For some reason, I don't feel like Fedor wants to fight top competition. There are still a few fights that they could put together that would be competitive.
I just caught this, how dare you? I hope a keg falls on your foot or something in your next comp:duel:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I just caught this, how dare you? I hope a keg falls on your foot or something in your next comp:duel:
Haha. I just feel like he hasn't looked good (or not "Fedor" good) in a while, whether it was injuries or some sort of motivation issue, who knows. He is someone that rises to the occasion often so we'll see what happens.

He'll have to be on top of his game for Magmodev:think:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Haha. I just feel like he hasn't looked good (or not "Fedor" good) in a while, whether it was injuries or some sort of motivation issue, who knows. He is someone that rises to the occasion often so we'll see what happens.

He'll have to be on top of his game for Magmodev:think:
I think Magomedov's liver is still hurting from that CC middle kick, that's one of Fedor's favorite spots, ask Fujita. You're right about Fedor looking subpar recently. Against CC normally I think he would've crushed him with GnP, but his hand was hurt. He looked off against Hunt. Tough to say what he looked like against Lindland. I mean it's never a good idea to let someone punch you in the face like he did Lindland, obviously just misjudged distance. I'm thinking a healthy Fedor is going to dish out some wolverine like beatdowns.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It looks like Arona didn't sign with M1.

Another rumor - Filho will fight Trigg Dec. 12th.