Sherk passes lie detector test

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
UFC Roundup: News on Hawaii Event, Cro Cop, and More | UFC Daily

Out of all the MMA fans out there, the ones on this board have to be most likely to believe him. Anyone think his genetics/freakish training/diet/supplement routine could contribute for his Nandrolone level to be so high naturally?

Side notes, Cro Cop has sand in his vagina and Hendo wont move to 185.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here are my thoughts-
If it really is a natural deviation for him to have such a high level of nandralone in his system, then why is this the first time he has tested positive. I completely understand why he would take nandralone considering he came off of rotator cuff surgery, but just be professional about this and let the division sort itself out.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I personally have believed Sherk the whole time. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but I don't believe he would do that to his body. Again, maybe I'm just naive.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People have natural levels of Nandrolone?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
People have natural levels of Nandrolone?
I'm ignorant on that whole subject so I couldn't say for sure. I'm guessing that chemically it's impossible though. My point is that I don't think he knowingly or purposely took steroids.
I supposed there are ways around it like saying to a dietician "You give me what it takes to do X. I don't want to know what's in it and don't you dare tell me or imply anything to me about what's in it". That would be ignorant but allow him to maintain his innocence on it.
I just hope for the sake of MMA that it's not true. Most peopel think they're all a bunch of juiced up thugs anyway and everytime someoen gets nailed for drugs it just reinforces their point.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm ignorant on that whole subject so I couldn't say for sure. I'm guessing that chemically it's impossible though. My point is that I don't think he knowingly or purposely took steroids.
I supposed there are ways around it like saying to a dietician "You give me what it takes to do X. I don't want to know what's in it and don't you dare tell me or imply anything to me about what's in it". That would be ignorant but allow him to maintain his innocence on it.
I just hope for the sake of MMA that it's not true. Most peopel think they're all a bunch of juiced up thugs anyway and everytime someoen gets nailed for drugs it just reinforces their point.

If that were the case he be just as guilty as if he knowingly took it.

easymac

easymac

Awards
I wasn't aware that nandrolone was a natural human hormone.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
UFC Roundup: News on Hawaii Event, Cro Cop, and More | UFC Daily

Out of all the MMA fans out there, the ones on this board have to be most likely to believe him. Anyone think his genetics/freakish training/diet/supplement routine could contribute for his Nandrolone level to be so high naturally?

Side notes, Cro Cop has sand in his vagina and Hendo wont move to 185.
If his nandrolone levels were super high he was probably using Deca.

Lie Detector tests are RIDICULOUSLY INACCURATE! They measure physiological responses to lying, however, if someone is a sociopath / dellusional / or even just a prepared liar they won't get busted.

E.G. With a little premeditation I could go in and have the tester ask me "Is CNorris an intelligent fellow" and I could answer yes without having the meters running wild all over the place screaming that I was lying, and we all know that'd be some straight up B.S. :D

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established

Lie Detector tests are RIDICULOUSLY INACCURATE! They measure physiological responses to lying, however, if someone is a sociopath / dellusional / or even just a prepared liar they won't get busted.
Thats so true, I lied on my lie detector test and still passed!

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

E.G. With a little premeditation I could go in and have the tester ask me "Is CNorris an intelligent fellow" and I could answer yes without having the meters running wild all over the place screaming that I was lying, and we all know that'd be some straight up B.S. :D
Yes the way you would fool yourself is by imagining they are asking you if you like to fantasize about sex with men. You would think yes, and your answer you the imagined question would be true.
PASS!

And yes, 95% is damn inaccurate. Wow, I bet all those people on Maury Povich really didn't cheat!

And he didn't have super high levels of nandrolone in his system.

Get your facts straight and read the article I posted above.

easymac

easymac

Awards
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude it's obvios sherk juices..............i mean if stephen "fukcin" bonner got caught with boldenone in his system(and he still looks like sh*t)......sherk is most def doing them!!! common he's mid 30's with a 25 year olds body......sorry NO!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Me gusta la verga.
Lie detector tests have become a popular cultural icon - from crime dramas to comedies to advertisements - the picture of a polygraph pen wildly gyrating on a moving chart is readily recognized symbol. But, as psychologist Leonard Saxe, PhD, (1991) has argued, the idea that we can detect a person's veracity by monitoring psychophysiological changes is more myth than reality. Even the term "lie detector," used to refer to polygraph testing, is a misnomer. So-called "lie detection" involves inferring deception through analysis of physiological responses to a structured, but unstandardized, series of questions.

The instrument typically used to conduct polygraph tests consists of a physiological recorder that assesses three indicators of autonomic arousal: heart rate/blood pressure, respiration, and skin conductivity. Most examiners today use computerized recording systems. Rate and depth of respiration are measured by pneumographs wrapped around a subject's chest. Cardiovascular activity is assessed by a blood pressure cuff. Skin conductivity (called the galvanic skin or electrodermal response) is measured through electrodes attached to a subject's fingertips.

The recording instrument and questioning techniques are only used during a part of the polygraph examination. A typical examination includes a pretest phase during which the technique is explained and each test question reviewed. The pretest interview is designed to ensure that subjects understand the questions and to induce a subject's concern about being deceptive. Polygraph examinations often include a procedure called a "stimulation test," which is a demonstration of the instrument's accuracy in detecting deception.

Several questioning techniques are commonly used in polygraph tests. The most widely used test format for subjects in criminal incident investigations is the Control Question Test (CQT). The CQT compares responses to "relevant" questions (e.g., "Did you shoot your wife?"), with those of "control" questions. The control questions are designed to control for the effect of the generally threatening nature of relevant questions. Control questions concern misdeeds that are similar to those being investigated, but refer to the subject's past and are usually broad in scope; for example, "Have you ever betrayed anyone who trusted you?"

A person who is telling the truth is assumed to fear control questions more than relevant questions. This is because control questions are designed to arouse a subject's concern about their past truthfulness, while relevant questions ask about a crime they know they did not commit. A pattern of greater physiological response to relevant questions than to control questions leads to a diagnosis of "deception." Greater response to control questions leads to a judgment of nondeception. If no difference is found between relevant and control questions, the test result is considered "inconclusive."

An alternative polygraph procedure is called the Guilty Knowledge Test (GKT). A GKT involves developing a multiple-choice test with items concerning knowledge that only a guilty subject could have. A test of a theft suspect might, for example, involve questions such as "Was $500, $1,000, or $5,000 stolen?" If only a guilty suspect knows the correct answer, a larger physiological reaction to a correct choice would indicate deception. With a sufficient number of items, a psychometrically sound evaluation could be developed. GKTs are not widely employed, but there is great interest in doing so. One limitation of the GKT is that it can be used only when investigators have information that only a guilty subject would know. The interpretation of "no deception" is also a potential limitation, since it may indicate lack of knowledge rather than innocence.

The accuracy (i.e., validity) of polygraph testing has long been controversial. An underlying problem is theoretical: There is no evidence that any pattern of physiological reactions is unique to deception. An honest person may be nervous when answering truthfully and a dishonest person may be non-anxious. Also, there are few good studies that validate the ability of polygraph procedures to detect deception. As Dr. Saxe and Israeli psychologist Gershon Ben-Shahar (1999) note, "it may, in fact, be impossible to conduct a proper validity study." In real-world situations, it's very difficult to know what the truth is.

A particular problem is that polygraph research has not separated placebo-like effects (the subject's belief in the efficacy of the procedure) from the actual relationship between deception and their physiological responses. One reason that polygraph tests may appear to be accurate is that subjects who believe that the test works and that they can be detected may confess or will be very anxious when questioned. If this view is correct, the lie detector might be better called a fear detector.

Some confusion about polygraph test accuracy arises because they are used for different purposes, and for each context somewhat different theory and research is applicable. Thus, for example, virtually no research assesses the type of test and procedure used to screen individuals for jobs and security clearances. Most research has focused on specific incident testing. The cumulative research evidence suggests that CQTs detect deception better than chance, but with significant error rates, both of misclassifying innocent subjects (false positives) and failing to detect guilty individuals (false negatives).

Research on the processes involved in CQT polygraph examinations suggests that several examiner, examinee, and situational factors influence test validity, as may the technique used to score polygraph charts. There is little research on the effects of subjects' differences in such factors as education, intelligence, or level of autonomic arousal.

Evidence indicates that strategies used to "beat" polygraph examinations, so-called countermeasures, may be effective. Countermeasures include simple physical movements, psychological interventions (e.g., manipulating subjects' beliefs about the test), and the use of pharmacological agents that alter arousal patterns.

Despite the lack of good research validating polygraph tests, efforts are on-going to develop and assess new approaches. Some work involves use of additional autonomic physiologic indicators, such as cardiac output and skin temperature. Such measures, however, are more specific to deception than polygraph tests. Other researchers, such as Frank Andrew Kozel, MD, have examined functional brain imaging as a measure of deception. Dr. Kozel's research team found that for lying, compared with telling the truth, there is more activation in five brain regions (Kozel et al., 2004). However, the results do not currently support the use of fMRI to detect deception in real world individual cases.
http://www.psychologymatters.org/polygraphs.html

And he didn't have super high levels of nandrolone in his system.
Read the article, I'd need to look into the matter deeper, but I don't really care to ATM. Big guy tests positive for steroids...hmmm....passes a polygraph test? Innocent? Not necessarily.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
You know what, it's getting old. Steroids and sports. Do they think they are catching everybody that uses them in professional sports? I got an idea.

Let's just make AAS legal and able to be bought OTC......please......man that would be so badass.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
yes humans have 3 natural anabolic steroid hormones that we all find useful the bosy produces testosterone, nandrolone, and dht.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm his biggest fan, but no, I don't believe him.

But more importantly, I don't hold anything against him for using.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm his biggest fan, but no, I don't believe him.

But more importantly, I don't hold anything against him for using.
I don't hold it against any professional athlete. When this is your career, then it is completely rational to do everything you can to stay on top.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't hold it against any professional athlete. When this is your career, then it is completely rational to do everything you can to stay on top.
Would you apply this justification to every person with their livelihood/life? All is permitted, as long as the stakes are high enough?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would you apply this justification to every person with their livelihood/life? All is permitted, as long as the stakes are high enough?
When you have put so much of your life into something, it is hard to ostracize them for pushing the boundaries to keep their careers. Also, he was coming off of rotator cuff surgery and I can see how using nandralone would be an attractive option. At that stage of athletics, it is hard to come to terms that you may not be able to do the things that you once could. If they change, then they lose a vital element that made them special.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Nice article...

"The new evidence indicates that the excessive readings of nandrolone metabolites might have been caused by heavy exercise while the athletes were taking certain supplements."

I wonder what these certain supplements are?
Deca... :fool2: