–Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera
–Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz
–Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer
–Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher
–Jason MacDonald vs. Yushin Okami
–Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson
–Demian Maia vs. Ryan Jensen:afro:
–Matt Grice vs. Jason Black

Looks pretty decent. I consider Silva-Franklin, Sylvia-Vera, and even Mac-Okami "big fights".

Silva should tear Rich apart, unless Rich has a great game plan (he'll probably still lose). I think Okami will dominate Mac as well. Not sure on Sylvia-Vera yet....

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Jas, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Jensen looked good vs. Leites until the inevitable set in. He looks like he has real potential. Demian Maia is supposed to be a great grappler, and he has an evil name, so that is a fight I want to see.

This card is definitely watered down compared to what we've been getting, and 78 looks worse. There are still fights I'm interested in.

I'm imagine Sylvia will have a major fire blazing under his arse come fight time, and I'm not sold on Vera, who may even have octarust going on.

I want to see Anderson put on a whole new style of clinic on Rich. I rewatched the Lutter fight the other day. Despite the takedowns, Anderson owned that fight start to finish. The only thing Lutter really got were a few weak punches from mount that had no impact whatsoever. Silva didn't lose his composure for a second.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Is Jensen the Main Event? If not this card is BS.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I just found the card for 78, and it is better than I thought. I'm actually psyched for this card, and would try to go, but I bought some expensive plane tickets to S. America for Xmas.

* Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans--potential, but I think Rashad will smoke him. Probably the least intriguing fight on the card IMO.
* Karo Parisyan vs. Hector Lombard--battle of the judokas. Could be very cool.
* Frankie Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher--no doubt this will be fight of the night, and should have title shot implications
* Ed Herman vs. Dave Terrell--could be good. We'll see if Terrell still has it.
* Thiago Alves vs. Ryo Chonan--Huge potential. Chonan is inconsistent, but he comes hungry this could be a battle.
* Akihiro Gono vs. Tamdan McCrory--Looking forward to this one: Gono debut, and was at a couple of McCrory's early fights. Kid has sick striking, though he didn't show it against Spratt (not surprising).
* Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt--I'm a Lauzon local boy"nuthugger" like Jas to Jensen

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ehh, forget this weak card. Check this one out:

Diaz, Monson slated for Brawl for it All

Flying mostly under the radar, No Limits Fighting is promoting a bill that includes names such as Jeff Monson (Pictures), Nick Diaz (Pictures), Charles Bennett (Pictures) and Leland Chapman.

Leland Chapman?

Yes, that Leland Chapman: the co-star on A&E's mullet festival "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and the son of Duane "Dog" Chapman.

The Texas-born, Hawaii-based bail bondsmen will make his MMA debut against fellow newcomer Eric Jacob.

Diaz, fresh off his razor-close decision victory over Mike Aina (Pictures), will confront Mark Moreno (Pictures). Monson, only a month removed from a disappointing TKO loss to Pedro Rizzo (Pictures), will square off with Chris Marez.

Not to be forgotten, former professional boxer and Playboy cover girl Mia St. John will make her cage debut against a yet-to-be-decided opponent.

The pay-per-view televised card takes place Oct. 20 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, Calif.

Undercard:
Ruben Villareal (Pictures) vs. Brad Imes (Pictures)
Charles Bennett (Pictures) vs. Jake Hattan
Matt Major vs. Marcus Gaines
Gabe Rivas (Pictures) vs. Gabe Ruediger (Pictures)
Bo Cantrell (Pictures) vs. Bryan Pardoe (Pictures)
Damacio Page (Pictures) vs. Javier Vazquez (Pictures)
Aaron Carvalho vs. Andrew Martinez (Pictures)
Zane Frazier vs. Vince Lucero (Pictures)
Shawn Klarcyk (Pictures) vs. TBA

:icon_lol:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Is Jensen the Main Event? If not this card is BS.
He wasn't, but after Dana heard that he was training at this cutting-edge facility outside of DC, it has been changed. The all access will feature him using alternative training techniques like the "sunroof stone throw at deer".

Lauzon should do well. He really came off as a likeable guy on TUF 5.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Diaz, Monson slated for Brawl for it All

Flying mostly under the radar, No Limits Fighting is promoting a bill that includes names such as Jeff Monson (Pictures), Nick Diaz (Pictures), Charles Bennett (Pictures) and Leland Chapman.

Leland Chapman?

Yes, that Leland Chapman: the co-star on A&E's mullet festival "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and the son of Duane "Dog" Chapman.

The Texas-born, Hawaii-based bail bondsmen will make his MMA debut against fellow newcomer Eric Jacob.

Diaz, fresh off his razor-close decision victory over Mike Aina (Pictures), will confront Mark Moreno (Pictures). Monson, only a month removed from a disappointing TKO loss to Pedro Rizzo (Pictures), will square off with Chris Marez.

Not to be forgotten, former professional boxer and Playboy cover girl Mia St. John will make her cage debut against a yet-to-be-decided opponent.

The pay-per-view televised card takes place Oct. 20 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, Calif.

Undercard:
Ruben Villareal (Pictures) vs. Brad Imes (Pictures)
Charles Bennett (Pictures) vs. Jake Hattan
Matt Major vs. Marcus Gaines
Gabe Rivas (Pictures) vs. Gabe Ruediger (Pictures)
Bo Cantrell (Pictures) vs. Bryan Pardoe (Pictures)
Damacio Page (Pictures) vs. Javier Vazquez (Pictures)
Aaron Carvalho vs. Andrew Martinez (Pictures)
Zane Frazier vs. Vince Lucero (Pictures)
Shawn Klarcyk (Pictures) vs. TBA

:icon_lol:
That's an all star cast. Warpath and 'big' Aoki, the always articulate Krazy Horse, Spazzed out tard Matt Major(anyone watch the tapout episode where he tries to fight some 120# kid, possibly rightfully so), fat boy Ruediger. Damacio and Javy should be a good fight. Is that Zane Frazier from waay back in the day? I don't have a whole lot of faith in Leland. Anyone see the episode where he gets in a fight with some old dude? They're in a parking lot and the guy rushes Leland and Leland pulls guard? He seems pretty unathletic, but we'll see.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Anyone see the episode where he gets in a fight with some old dude? They're in a parking lot and the guy rushes Leland and Leland pulls guard? He seems pretty unathletic, but we'll see.
Umm, no I didn't see that episode nor any other of that damn show, but to be fair its timeslot puts it up against MSSS.:twisted:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established

Leland Chapman?

:

:toofunny: :icon_lol:

I am looking forward to the Franklin/Silva and Syliva/Vera fight. I have a bad feeling the Vera is going to get knocked out. But it seems the last 15 times I have made a bet with someone on UFC fights I have lost 14 times:aargh: So really I have no clue as to what I am talking about lol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am thinking if Vera wins he gets the next shot at Randy.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking if Vera wins he gets the next shot at Randy.
I think Nog gets the next one if he wins, but Vera should be in line. Last I heard, it appears Fedor will fight in M-1 so he's not really in line.:sad:

Dana needs to learn to shut his fvcking mouth. Calling Fedor's camp "those crazy Russians" and what not couldn't have helped situations. He also basically called women's MMA a joke. I'm not taking a stand either way since I haven't seen enough of it, but it seems like you might piss off a whole demographic that way.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Umm, no I didn't see that episode nor any other of that damn show, but to be fair its timeslot puts it up against MSSS.:twisted:
Yeah, there are so many quality shows it's tough to choose. I solved the problem with tivo and never sleeping, sleep is the cousin of death, Vorhees.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, there are so many quality shows it's tough to choose. I solved the problem with tivo and never sleeping, sleep is the cousin of death, Vorhees.
Just wait until this Tila Tequila show starts on MTV.....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I watched a little of it tonight. I do not find her attractive. Should be some decent brawls on the show though. I may need to start going to a counselor for all the sh*tty tv I watch. Two shows I really like are Jon and Kate plus 8, and Little People Big World. You don't have to talk to me anymore if you don't want to.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I also watch some Nancy Grace before heavy deadlift days, that b*tch will get you fired up.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Tila's hot either, but lesbian activity has a tendency to increase a woman's appeal. I actually am not too familiar with any of those shows. I really only watch TV on weekends.

Are you doing a powerlifting or bbing program these days?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You're probably not familiar with those shows, because they're geared towards 40 year old women, and me.

I'm still BB, and I've been feeling like sh*t for the last week or so. Don't know what it is, but I seem to be feeling better now. I think I'll start a powerlifting routine in a week and a half.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
The first 2 fights are main events (remember not long ago we were calling for a Sylvia vs Vera title match). The rest of the fights.......are borderline #5 matches on a decent card. Do we really need to see Bonnar vs Ravishing Red? Show us MacDonald vs Okami instead. At least there are title implications there. Who knows though, sometimes the worst cards on paper are the most exciting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Female Fitness 1
Aleksandar37 MMA 8