leban!

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
holy crap am I shocked how well he is fighting right now!

I love this iPhone, I can post while I watch! Woot!

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Holy-did not see that coming-Batman!! I'm actually impressed.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I hyped up Terry Martin way too much. He was out of shape and paid for it. Props to Leban, he was in good shape, and his post fight interview showed maturity.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Amazing comeback
hes the most dangerous when he is hurt

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Alex, I let you convince me that Martin was unstoppable. He did look like he expected an easy fight. After watching the A. Silva, you forget Leben has a solid chin. He took some serious punches at that end and actually came off as humble.

Quarry looked bad IMO. Sell landed all sorts of punches and Nate's footwork seemed off. Nice punch at the end, though.

Too bad Din hurt his leg as that would have been a very even fight IMO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Alex, I let you convince me that Martin was unstoppable. He did look like he expected an easy fight. After watching the A. Silva, you forget Leben has a solid chin. He took some serious punches at that end and actually came off as humble.

Quarry looked bad IMO. Sell landed all sorts of punches and Nate's footwork seemed off. Nice punch at the end, though.

Too bad Din hurt his leg as that would have been a very even fight IMO.
I know man. Somehow I didn't realize that he had horrible footwork, and a lack of footspeed. Being out of shape doesn't help either.

Quarry leaves himself so wide open. Seems like he's put a ton of heart into being a fighter, but sadly I don't think he'll be around long.

Din probably deserves a rematch, sh*t happens, it sucks.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
The whole night was pretty wild. The Sell/Quarry wasvery edgy and flip flop, it was just a matter of time until one of them got caught hard.

size

Awards
  • Established
In the Leben fights that I have watched, I never thought he looked good. However, in this fight with Martin, I thought he looked like a good smart fighter using technique and strategy instead of just throwing wild punches. Good for him.

Martin looked out of shape and slow. I think he could probably cut down to 170 and fight.

Quarry and Sell have zero head movement on the striking. They both simply throw punches while leaving the head right in the middle. Very poor technique.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
You're right, Size, as usual, neither moves their head and both throw from the shoulder, they don't properly get their torsos in play.

Leben looks to have had a Epiphany, I suspect someone wise and that he deeply respected sat him down and tough loved him into the realization that unless he acquired maturity and professionalism, he was on the verge of losing everything he had gotten up to that point.

That's admirable, hope he continues to get deeper and better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robdog MMA 19
Politics 8