It is time

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I made weight yesterday and I learned that I can cut 12 lbs relatively easily. I am still re-hydrating/carbing-up, but I feel much better now than I did yesterday. My fight is scheduled to start at about 10:30 or so and I met my opponent this morning while I ate breakfast this morning in the hotel. I would say that I have put on about 10 lbs or so since weigh-ins and I will probably keep filling out until this evening.

I am ready to get this going and I will let update either tomorrow or this evening.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Rip him apart, Rodja. :bruce1:

I can hear the Pride theme music now.....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DO Wandy proud, lay him the f' out

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Break a leg...his leg!

LOL, good luck brother!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm late, you've probably fought by now, hope you won. Let us know what happened, and post the vid when you get a chance. I'm gonna take a guess, Gollum....I mean Rodja by RNC, RD2.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
beat that fukcer link!!!!!!!!! good luck man

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I am fine. A little bruised, but other than that, I am good. This dude was F'ing huge by fight time (~190) at 5'7". I knew that I had a good reach advantage, so that was my gameplan.

I came out and threw a few jabs and then I threw a 1-2 and caught him clean with the cross on the jaw. I threw another flurry of punches and backed him against the cage and went for a takedown. He sprawled on the double, but I still had a single. I was working for it and I though I had it, but he swept me and I ended up in his mount. He started to rain punches, but I kept moving and bucking. I attempted to sweep from there, but I couldn't budge him. I gave up my back to try to roll him over my shoulder, but he nearly flattened me out. I rolled back into mount and then the ref called it. Nothing is broken and I didn't get a medical suspension, so I can still fight in a couple of weeks.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Tough break, dude. I think the move to 155 will serve you well. Then you can be the massive guy who they can't budge.

In the immortal words of Ali G: "RESPEK"

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that bro...we learn more from losing than we do from winning! Keep workin!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that bro...we learn more from losing than we do from winning! Keep workin!
I definitely gained a lot of confidence in my stand-up abilities. I am not going to stop working towards my goal.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear brother! Next fight in 2 weeks?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I definitely gained a lot of confidence in my stand-up abilities. I am not going to stop working towards my goal.
Sucks you lost dude. Great attitude though, that should serve you well in the future. You're just a baby too, all the time in the world.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that, Rodja. Sounds like you got unlucky with the roll. You'll get 'em next time.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
keep fighting rodja, you will get another shot

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Keep at it Rodja! Everyone has to start from somewhere.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Mad props to you for regardless of outcome!!!:clap2:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Hats off to ya bro it takes a set of brass ones to step into the cage. Is your next fight gonna be in Houston.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Next fight is in Alexandria, LA on 9/29. It is looking like my fight in Houston is going to be on 12/22.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Who the **** cares if you lost. Doing it is 90% of the game. The last 10% is tweaking and refining your game, then the wins will be inevitable.

How did he sweep you when you had a single leg?

By the way a cut 190 @ 5'7 is rediculous. My friend is 5'10 190 and looks very big.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who the **** cares if you lost. Doing it is 90% of the game. The last 10% is tweaking and refining your game, then the wins will be inevitable.

How did he sweep you when you had a single leg?

By the way a cut 190 @ 5'7 is rediculous. My friend is 5'10 190 and looks very big.
He did a "cattle catcher" as I took him down, which puts him in mount if done successfully.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
He did a "cattle catcher" as I took him down, which puts him in mount if done successfully.
How is that done? I mean if you drive forward with a single leg, I can't see how you could end up mounted.

That being said, no matter how many mount escapes you know, and I know like 4, it's a ***** to get out of. Sometimes you have to give up your back, then fight off the hooks, and push them on to their back, while they still have your back, and roll out into side control, although I'm sure you know that.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is that done? I mean if you drive forward with a single leg, I can't see how you could end up mounted.

That being said, no matter how many mount escapes you know, and I know like 4, it's a ***** to get out of. Sometimes you have to give up your back, then fight off the hooks, and push them on to their back, while they still have your back, and roll out into side control, although I'm sure you know that.
You basically bait the takedown and throw your right leg forward and sweep with your left leg. From there, you either end up in mount or in S-mount.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
I made weight yesterday and I learned that I can cut 12 lbs relatively easily. I am still re-hydrating/carbing-up, but I feel much better now than I did yesterday. My fight is scheduled to start at about 10:30 or so and I met my opponent this morning while I ate breakfast this morning in the hotel. I would say that I have put on about 10 lbs or so since weigh-ins and I will probably keep filling out until this evening.

I am ready to get this going and I will let update either tomorrow or this evening.
is this for the U.S. open of bjj?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
My favorite mount escape is to get someone high on my chest while digging my elbows into their groin and covering my face, then bridge and rock back and forth violently until they lose their balance, at which point as long as you don't get caught in an armbar you can reverse. Works great in no gi because sweat makes the arm bar a challenging proposition, but it will get you tapped pretty quick with a gi.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rd 2

I am getting directions and I am all packed to go on another road trip to Louisiana. My weight is good and I will be getting there much earlier than last time and it is a little closer as well. I will update when I get a chance.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check this sh!t out-my opponent didn't freaking show up. I got still got paid, though.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Check this sh!t out-my opponent didn't freaking show up. I got still got paid, though.
He heard that you had a green mohawk, dangerous stand-up and crazy jits and said :run:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
What a let down man. At least you got the cash, though.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
That happens quite a bit with smaller shows. What really happens though is your opponent drops out several weeks before and the promoter neglects to inform you. Perhaps they figure several others may drop out and they can still organize fights even at a catch-weight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That happens quite a bit with smaller shows. What really happens though is your opponent drops out several weeks before and the promoter neglects to inform you. Perhaps they figure several others may drop out and they can still organize fights even at a catch-weight.
I will say this-I am never going to fight in Louisiana again because of how lazy the commissioners are. They allowed some fighters to use gloves that have the bar in them still and they don't check hand wraps.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh1t!!!!!!!! Imagine a hammer fist with those things :run: