Awards
  • Established
Another pretty good event next weekend.

Lawler vs Ninja
Jake Shields vs Charuto
Nick Diaz vs Mike Aina
Joey Villasenor vs Riki Fukuda
Gina Carano vs Tanya Evinger

I doubt Diaz is going to get tested much against Aina, but the 3 other men's matches should all be very competitive. I've never seen Fukuda fight, but I've heard he's no joke, well rounded. I'm picking Lawler to KO Ninja, but if he doesn't do it early, Ninja is likely to be all over his ass. Charuto and Shields will likely be a war of attrition, and I'd like to see Charuto pull out a sub on Shields, but it won't be easy. Any thoughts on this event, any insight?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Lawler by KO.
Shields by decision
Diaz by sub? Don't know anything about Aina
All I know about Fukuda is what you just said, but hell I'll take him over Joey V.
Gina, sweet Gina, by whatever she wants

maybe we could have a mini-contest on these 5 fights since interest may be low. Are there any interesting undercard fights?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
This is actually very good card. Diaz is going to win by whatever he wants. Gina could fight a baby kitten and people would still cheer for Gina. It's worth it to see her :)

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Gina via putting me to sleep in the triangle. Seriously, I'd let her....

Or she could take mount and get a smother submission by pressing her chest against my face. She's dangerous...

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there a rule against punching in the titties with women in MMA?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Savage brought up the same thing once, and no one seemed to know. I'd like to see her smother another chick with them and force a tap.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if there is a rule per se, but I bet it's like one of those unwritten rules between fighters. Like you don't purposely punch each other's tits. Kind of like football where receivers and defensive backs sort of agree to not go after each other's knees. Just a guess though I have no idea. I'll ask Gina next time I talk to her.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Damn Gina is HOTT!!!!

I really want to this Ninja/Lawler. I don't have showtime:sad:
Do u guys think Ninja gets KO'ed fast like he did against Kang, or will he show up and put up a good fight?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't have it either. It sucks, but I'll be watching the huskers destroy USC anyway.

Gina didn't technically make weight - 141.1 -needed 141 with 1 pound allowance. They said because she had her shorts on that she was fine, but looked depleted as hell. I think I saw the Copester in the backround. Hughes had a big black eye too at Lawler's weigh in.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I don't have it either. It sucks, but I'll be watching the huskers destroy USC anyway.

Gina didn't technically make weight - 141.1 -needed 141 with 1 pound allowance. They said because she had her shorts on that she was fine, but looked depleted as hell. I think I saw the Copester in the backround. Hughes had a big black eye too at Lawler's weigh in.
It seems that Gina always has a tough time making weight. Last time she was slightly over and they were going to make her strip down (like the guys do) to prove she could make weight but her opponent, Julie, said it was fine and agreed to fight at that weight. Also, Gina said she was on her period this time while cutting weight and that it makes it much harder.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It seems that Gina always has a tough time making weight. Last time she was slightly over and they were going to make her strip down (like the guys do) to prove she could make weight but her opponent, Julie, said it was fine and agreed to fight at that weight. Also, Gina said she was on her period this time while cutting weight and that it makes it much harder.
She needs to be a little more professional if you ask me, but I guess the period, although I didn't really want to know, is probably an additional obstacle for women. :donut:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 28
MMA 8
Alexander MMA 27
VolcomX311 MMA 41
Hard Knox Supplement Logs 2