Just A Thought On Cro Cop......

Vtaper

Awards
O.K. please no flaming me here, but does anyone think CC;s lackluster performances in the US have anything to do with the drug testing performed here?

The reason I ask is not just because of two straight losses, but I think the guy looks a little smaller than he did while fighting in Japan, where I have read there was no testing, I may be wrong about that, please correct me if so.

I am not taking anything away from CC, and I know that NO drug can make you an elite fighter, but the amazing speed, accuracy and devastating power that won him the OWGP just seems to have vanished.:think:

Oh, by the way sorry if this has already been discussed, is so please disregard. Taper.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think your thoughts are warranted. He does look smaller, and less explosive. All we can do is speculate, but it's not like you're coming out of left field by thinking the way you do.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahahaha.....you know i came to that same assumption watching the fight... I really wouldnt doubt it, he looks smaller, less explosive and less aggressive. i was going to bring this up too

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I think the you're probably right. It seems like mentally, he just isn't the same either. He doesn't have the same killer instinct.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
He lost his mojo as someone else has said.

I think he lost his motivation + started fighting in a cage (much different than ring) + had a horrible defeat that literally hurt him mentally and physically (nerve damage) + is getting older + lost a bit of muscle mass, speed, focus, accuracy, and agressiveness....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know really. He looks about the same as he did against Fedor. I just think he is not into the game anymore, which makes no sense considering how dominant he was last year. He needs tom take some time off a la Wand to heal.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I thought the same thing when i looked at him. He doesnt look as lean as he did when he was in pride.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think any mental assessment as it pertains to CC's performance with AAS vs No-AAS, would be strictly qualitative; whether or not a fighter's aggressive tendencies would be vastly affected in the ring by anabolics encompasses a debate which reaches beyond MMA.

However, with that being said, I thought he looked far less explosive and dynamic with his strikes; assessing his physical attributes which were admittedly sub-par compared to previous years, I think, is a far more suitable observation.

P.S.

I hate Alex.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy ****, you do exist...not to get off topic but definitely noticed you've been gone. Welcome back.

As an admitted CC nut hugger...I am to upset too comment on this discussion :(

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey dude, made a thread in the General Chat section. Check 'er out. Pretty gruesome photos contained therein.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
O.K. please no flaming me here, but does anyone think CC;s lackluster performances in the US have anything to do with the drug testing performed here?

The reason I ask is not just because of two straight losses, but I think the guy looks a little smaller than he did while fighting in Japan, where I have read there was no testing, I may be wrong about that, please correct me if so.

I am not taking anything away from CC, and I know that NO drug can make you an elite fighter, but the amazing speed, accuracy and devastating power that won him the OWGP just seems to have vanished.:think:

Oh, by the way sorry if this has already been discussed, is so please disregard. Taper.
He hasn't lost in the US. Both Kongo and GG were in England. I don't think they were testing there. But you are right, he has looked softer.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I think you're right that there is no NSAC-like committee that enforces drug testing in the UK. I believe the UFC conducted tests at the first show, but the results were never released.