Fedor at UFC 75

1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Fedor at UFC 75

Fedor is going to be in London at UFC 75 to pimp his new line with Affliction Clothing. Please let this lead to what we all want to see.

MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More
    The update is at the bottom.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I have heard about this, any chance of a signing announcement?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Let's hope that's what it is. I haven't seen any threads on sherdog or anywhere that people have claimed that Fedor is signed. Usually if a deal is done something slips out about it.

If it happens, let's hope that the London fans give him a warm reception and recognize him unlike the Vegas fans who would wonder who the "tubby nobody" was until they saw the most brutal GnP ever.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Let's hope that's what it is. I haven't seen any threads on sherdog or anywhere that people have claimed that Fedor is signed. Usually if a deal is done something slips out about it.

If it happens, let's hope that the London fans give him a warm reception and recognize him unlike the Vegas fans who would wonder who the "tubby nobody" was until they saw the most brutal GnP ever.
    Don't forget about his crafty submissions as well. Fedor with elbows is a scary idea.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Affliction, i like the prints but damn its not that easy to find something that fits. Even their larges are like smalls...
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    Affliction, i like the prints but damn its not that easy to find something that fits. Even their larges are like smalls...
    Ehh, to me, Affliction is a lot like TapOut-horribly overpriced and trendy. I will not pay $50+ for a freakin T-shirt, unless it is signed by Wand, Fedor, Randy, or CC.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

overpriced for sure, trendy? well i havent seen anyone wearing it here in hawaii. I have never looked into tapout clothing....never liked the design. There are alot of local made fight/MMA style clothing lines here tho.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Answers

From all that i have heard on both sides latley (mtg team interview after their meeting last week and dana interview), this deal is FAR from being done.

Seems there is allot of things that are personally important to Fedor, that have to do with his nationality that the UFC is not budging on. Money is not the issue here, its mainly combat shooto outside the us/champion fight clauss.

I am really starting to think it wont happen till next hear.
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JZ7757 View Post
    From all that i have heard on both sides latley (mtg team interview after their meeting last week and dana interview), this deal is FAR from being done.

Seems there is allot of things that are personally important to Fedor, that have to do with his nationality that the UFC is not budging on. Money is not the issue here, its mainly combat shooto outside the us/champion fight clauss.

I am really starting to think it wont happen till next hear.
    Combat Sambo, not shooto. Fedor also wants the contract to not be an exclusive deal so he can fight in Russia.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

interesting to see what happens. They probably could do the deal as they know Fedor will bring an even larger crowd to the UFC but what will the other fighters in the UFC have to say about it. I can see why they wouldnt want him to get injured or something outside but hey a Fedor card is a big $$$
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    interesting to see what happens. They probably could do the deal as they know Fedor will bring an even larger crowd to the UFC but what will the other fighters in the UFC have to say about it. I can see why they wouldnt want him to get injured or something outside but hey a Fedor card is a big $$$
    If they want the best, then they have to compromise. Fedor has nothing to prove anymore; at this point, he is just adding names to his list.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Answers

There are rumors that Fedor signed a 4 fight deal for the UFC:

"It's true, Fedor has signed a UFC contract. He will be making 1.8 million per fight and is locked in for 4 fights at this point. He is being allowed to compete in sambo competitions, but the Russian co-promotion with UFC is not happening. Fedor's management was upset about that, but Fedor himself insisted on the contract anyway because he wanted to fight where they had the biggest concentration of the best of MMA HW's."

Note: this is only a rumor (and from Sherdog)
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I wonder how badly Buffer will butcher Fedor's name?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I wonder how badly Buffer will butcher Fedor's name?
    "In this corner, a moo thai and Samba fighter,.....,Feee door Emelkooooooooooooo"

Buffer's screwed up a lot of stuff, where's the g-man when you need him.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I actually miss the shrieking PRIDE lady. At least she knew how to pronounce names that were not American.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Registered User
    Answers

I love how I have friends that wear tapout like there going to sub me or something. I'm like no ***** you don't even know wtf jiu jitsu is.
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I love how I have friends that wear tapout like there going to sub me or something. I'm like no ***** you don't even know wtf jiu jitsu is.
    Don't get me started on Tapout. I know that they have good intentions and that they give back to the sport, but they are EXTREMELY annoying.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I actually miss the shrieking PRIDE lady. At least she knew how to pronounce names that were not American.
    I love that lady. Her announcing added to the epic feel of Pride. Yeah, I'm a Pride nuthugger, and what.
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

she might have been the best announcer. I am no pride nuthugger btw. I always felt that pride had great fighters but not far superior to the UFC in any way (weight class dependant of course)
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    she might have been the best announcer. I am no pride nuthugger btw. I always felt that pride had great fighters but not far superior to the UFC in any way (weight class dependant of course)
    Blasphemy
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Banned
    Answers

I would rather hit my nuts with a hammer on the sidwalk than ever hear that shrieking pride ***** ever again.

Buffer sucks too, but at least I dont want to poke out my ear drums with a screw driver when I hear him though.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Answers

For the longest time, I didnt understand her unless I already knew who the fighter was as well as thought she was a he. lol

Buffer does a good job considering how many foreign names he deals with. Nevermind he adds a much more professional look to the growing sport that is constantly under criticism/gross "cave man" sterotype.
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JZ7757 View Post
    For the longest time, I didnt understand her unless I already knew who the fighter was as well as thought she was a he. lol

Buffer does a good job considering how many foreign names he deals with. Nevermind he adds a much more professional look to the growing sport that is constantly under criticism/gross "cave man" sterotype.
    And there weren't any foreign names in PRIDE.

Buffer messed up Nog's name by pronouncing Rodrigo instead of Hodrigo.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Banned
    Answers

Back to Fedor. I will go out on a limb and predict Fedor is signed with the UFC. As soon as I heard his management say talks went well and that he signed with Affliction I thought this. But the evidence keeps piling up.

-Fedor's management said talks went well.
    -Dana said talks didnt go well and called Fedors guys crazy.
    Negotiations would have to have gone terrible for Dana to call them crazy in an interview, given he has said he doesnt like to talk about ongoing contract negotiations.
    -Fedor signed with Affliction and will reportedly be at UFC 75.
    -UFC Countdown showed clips of him and Dana mentioned him by name.

I cant believe Fedor would be at UFC 75 if there wasnt a deal, or some type of contingent deal in place. Granted the whole Wandy thing fell through, but Dana is in control now and isnt dealing with another organizations signed fighter.

I will say right now Fedor will be announced as a UFC fighter on Sat, but I am not holding my breath. Nothing will surprise me.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

1. Bring in Fedor...please!
    2. Bring in the shrieking banshee lady, lemmie, please - "antoooonnneeeeeeoooooooo haaaadrigoooooo noooojeeerrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaa!!! !
    3. Don't bring in Gary "Jerry" Millen.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:16 PM
  2. UFC 75 Preview
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 08:54 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
  4. Rumor: Vera vs. Big Nog at UFC 73