WEC Sept 5th!

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

WEC Sept 5th!

Richard Crunkilton Jr. Vs. Rob McCullough
    Rani Yahya Vs. Chase Beebe
    Cub Swanson Vs. TBD (Jens Pulver out due to knee injury)

sucks to see jens out. I was looking forward to that fight. So what do you guys think. I marked my calendar. I like Razor Rob's style but ive never watched a "live" fight with him before.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I just saw a Crunkilton fight on VS. and I was a bit underwhelmed compared to all the great fights at 155 in the UFC. I don't think I've seen any of Razor's fights live either, but the clips I've seen are impressive.

Rani Yahya is a great sub guy, but his tactics vs. Hominick were about as pussified as I've ever seen. A win is a win, but I hope Beebe stomps him.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Sucks Jens is out. Looking forward to Crunkilton/McCullough. Crunkilton did look a little lackluster in his last WEC performance, as Beo said. I'll definitely be rooting for Crunkilton, and looking forward to some big throws.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Sucks Jens is out. Looking forward to Crunkilton/McCullough. Crunkilton did look a little lackluster in his last WEC performance, as Beo said. I'll definitely be rooting for Crunkilton, and looking forward to some big throws.
    well ill be rooting for Razor Rob and looking for some brutal strikes.
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.14%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    well ill be rooting for Razor Rob and looking for some brutal strikes.
    Looks like you got your wish. There were some good fights, nothing great. Stann should've fought for the belt already. I'd like to see him take the belt, defend it once or twice, and then go to the UFC and see if he can hang. McCullogh hits hard, and Crunkilton is crazy for trying to stand, but he is a freakin jack in the box, he was still in it when Herb called the fight. Not saying it was a bad stoppage, but Crunk won't quit. Beebe seems like he'll be tough to beat, but he needs to improve on finishing.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

I liked that black dude "the beast" i dont know but id like to see him fight again.

Stann is a big strong ass dude him vesus the rhino would be a great match. The guy he fought didnt have a chance.

Yahya....what poor conditioning, dude looks small as hell too.

Who was going for crunk? I didnt see that guy having a chance when this fight was announced. He did take some good shots and gave a few solid ones too. Razor is one of my faves.

Well im looking forward to Sat. its UFC night.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%

Good fights, i didnt get to see the prelims, only the title bouts. I was particularly impressed with beebe and his endurance over rd 1. That kneebar looked bad!

Indeed, the stacked 75 card is on sat, and best of all its FREE.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I didn't see this but read about it. Where do you guys think that Razor Rob fits in with the top 155ers? Is he approaching top 10 status?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%

^well i think 2-3 more fights or 1-2 more against really good competion and sherk stays suspended, he slips in there at 9 or 10 stop.
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.14%

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I didn't see this but read about it. Where do you guys think that Razor Rob fits in with the top 155ers? Is he approaching top 10 status?
    Hard to say. Havn't seen much of his ground game or conditioning. I doubt he'll ever be top 10 at 155 as stacked as that division is becoming. Hell, I still think Crunk is a better fighter
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%

Crunk looks like a better fighter on paper, but he obviously wasnt the smarter fighter going into the bout for the title. lol
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

alot of things come into factor here...i mean how can you say crunk is a better fighter? he may be more balanced or well rounded per se but better fighter, no. Rob has the aggression to go with any 155lber he is pure aggression and his stand up speaks for its self. I dont know about top ten until he fights some top tier guys and i think that should be his next fight, with a considered top 155lber.
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.14%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    alot of things come into factor here...i mean how can you say crunk is a better fighter? he may be more balanced or well rounded per se but better fighter, no. Rob has the aggression to go with any 155lber he is pure aggression and his stand up speaks for its self. I dont know about top ten until he fights some top tier guys and i think that should be his next fight, with a considered top 155lber.
    Well, that's why I put the laughing smiley at the end of the sentence. It's really tough to say Crunk is better than Rob, after Rob just beat his ass. I think if they fought 10 times Crunk would win 6 or 7 of them, but that obviously doesn't mean jack since Rob just KO'd him. I need to see more of Rob, but as of now I doubt he'll be top ten, it's just such a deep division.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

i think crunk would win two or three...but this is a whole nother conversation. I guess you can say he has been more a proven fighter and weve seen more of how he fights.
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.14%

Yeah, you may be right. I've been a fan of Crunk's for about 7 years, so I'm definitely biased. Maybe Razor Rob is the real deal. I'd like to see him fight someone like Huerta, that would be interesting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 5th week on Jungle Warfare and liking it!
    By Jim Mills in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 06:46 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 02:35 AM
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 02:19 PM
  4. realsoundjim's current progress pics sept/oct
    By realsoundjim in forum Pics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 12:16 AM
  5. Tender nipples...5th day of T1