Rumored UFN 11 (9/19)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
This is still a little ways away, but all 3 main bouts seem interesting.

-Din Thomas vs. Spencer Fisher
-Mike Swick vs. Jonathan Goulet
-Chris Leben vs. Terry Martin
-Nate Diaz vs. Junior Assuncao
-Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Thiago Alves
-Gray Maynard vs. TBA
-Luke Cummo vs. TBA

Thomas - Fisher should be a solid fight. It will be interesting to see how Swick does at 170. "Glass chin" Goulet will most likely get caught at some point. I'm hoping Martin pounds Leben into the ground in the 3rd fight, but we'll see.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
hopefully Gray Maynard can keep from knocking himself out this time, god that was such a funny match.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Maynard looked extremely impressive before the blooper reel kicked in.

I can't wait for Fisher-Thomas. Those guys are both awesome. I think I'm favoring Thomas, though. His fight against Jeremy Stephens was outstanding. Of course, Stephens was a newcomer, but he looked great.

I'm looking forward to all of these fights. Thiago Alves is nasty, too. Should be a good event.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Maynard needs to work on getting more aggressive with his ground-and-pound, but other than that, impressive is the right word. His takedowns are sick. He's a great example of a true wrestler's ability to completely dominate his opponent through weight shifts and hip positioning.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Here's the latest. The return of Quarry...

Main Card Bouts:
-Din Thomas vs. Spencer Fisher
-Mike Swick vs. Jonathan Goulet
-Chris Leben vs. Terry Martin
-Nate Diaz vs. Junior Assuncao

Preliminary Bouts:
-Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Thiago Alves
-Nate Quarry vs. Pete Sell
-Leonard Garcia vs. Cole Miller
-Luke Cummo vs. Edilberto "Crocota" de Oliveira
-Gray Maynard vs. Joe Veres

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quarry is back? I guess they wanted to give Sell a chance to avenge that BS loss.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still remember Franklin's ko of Quarry. He looked dead before he hit the ground

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It looks like Fisher's out and Florian is in.

Several sources have confirmed to Sherdog.com that the popular Kenny Florian (Pictures) will replace hard-hitting Spencer Fisher (Pictures) after a staph infection in the King's right knee forced the southpaw to bow out of his UFC Fight Night main event clash with Din Thomas (Pictures) on Sept. 19.

While the bout is not signed, it has been verbally agreed upon on both sides.

Fisher is one of several fighters in the Bettendorf, Iowa gym stricken with staph recently, said Miletich.

"We had several guys get it and now they've been quarantined out of the gym," the trainer said. "It's not something you get from dirty mats or hospital equipment. It spreads from human to human contact."

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this really blows. I was really looking forward to seeing this fight, especially after how good Fis looked recently.

Also Drew McFedries and Tim Sylvia have it. I think drew will be out against eastman, but Sylvia should be able to come back in october.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Florian/Thomas will be a good match-up between two legitimate BJJ black belts.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but i didnt want to watch a ground game!

I know Flor will make it a good fight, but I really wanted to see how Thomas' "great boxing" was against a very good striker. :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but i didnt want to watch a ground game!

I know Flor will make it a good fight, but I really wanted to see how Thomas' "great boxing" was against a very good striker. :D
Well, the grappling is a huge part of MMA. If you can't appreciate all aspects of the sport, then don't watch it.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Well, I do appreicate all aspects, i just was looking forward to this bout specifically for its good striking potential. Like i said, i wanted to see how din would stand, even though i know he is bias to ground work.

Why do i get the feeling that you are bias bbj/grappling over striking? :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I do appreicate all aspects, i just was looking forward to this bout specifically for its good striking potential. Like i said, i wanted to see how din would stand, even though i know he is bias to ground work.

Why do i get the feeling that you are bias bbj/grappling over striking? :D
I am not bias at all, I just hate it when people watch MMA and want to see kickboxing.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
This will still be a great fight, but I was more pumped to see Din vs. Fisher.