Frank Shamrock

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
for a while i kind of lost faith in Frank... but he is back.

Frank is one of my favorite fighters because of what he represents and that is the martial arts.

people say MMA and dont even know what it means... they say Mixed MARTIAL ARTS but they dont know what it means.
There is no respect for the art that is actually a way of life, a warriors way of life.
You go to "MMA" gyms now and all you see is a bunch of meatheads wanting to learn how to kick asses and see how many tattoo's they can get to look tough and wear tapout, and a bunch of guys teaching with the same atitude.
Im glad Frank is back and im glad he is speaking out and representing.

way to go Frankie sorry i lost faith for a minute there

Brother

Brother

Awards
for a while i kind of lost faith in Frank... but he is back.

Frank is one of my favorite fighters because of what he represents and that is the martial arts.

people say MMA and dont even know what it means... they say Mixed MARTIAL ARTS but they dont know what it means.
There is no respect for the art that is actually a way of life, a warriors way of life.
You go to "MMA" gyms now and all you see is a bunch of meatheads wanting to learn how to kick asses and see how many tattoo's they can get to look tough and wear tapout, and a bunch of guys teaching with the same atitude.
Im glad Frank is back and im glad he is speaking out and representing.

way to go Frankie sorry i lost faith for a minute there
You have got to be joking man. Frank is very similar to Ken only he can fight but both are very into themselves and not humble at all.

I dont know where you have trained but most of the places Ive been it isn't like that at all. There are some with tats but they are for the most part very mild mannered and soft spoken. The meatheads usually dont last long when they realize that strenght isnt all its about.

Man Im starting to think you may have been picked on and took it too hard bro. But Im glad SCAMROCKS inspired you.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't know know what's up with Shamrock. After the Renzo incident and relentless childish smack talk on the youtube, I was sick of Frank. After this win, though, for some reason I can't help but sort of like the guy again even though I'm not sure I want to.

Diaz has started talking smack so maybe we'll see that fight eventually.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Say what you want about him, but the guy is a freak of nature. Very few have been blessed with his gifts and most forget that he is still relatively young. He is several years younger than Chuck and Randy.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Frank might act like a child and all that, but he is a great well rounded fighter. However, I think if he is in there with some ofthe top @ 185 he will be in trouble.

I have heard about the nick Diaz trash talking, and Diaz wont stand a chance. 185 is way too big for him

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I have heard about the nick Diaz trash talking, and Diaz wont stand a chance. 185 is way too big for him
I agree. An easy and very marketable fight...I think that's exactly what Frank likes.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You have got to be joking man. Frank is very similar to Ken only he can fight but both are very into themselves and not humble at all.

I dont know where you have trained but most of the places Ive been it isn't like that at all. There are some with tats but they are for the most part very mild mannered and soft spoken. The meatheads usually dont last long when they realize that strenght isnt all its about.

Man Im starting to think you may have been picked on and took it too hard bro. But Im glad SCAMROCKS inspired you.
Frank is nothing like Ken.
That is just how it is in gyms these days.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frank and hum*le dont belong in the same sentence. why did his career slow down so much, he was an animal. Id like to see if he still is. Whats up with him and Ken? Arent they suppose to fight in the IFL?

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Frank and hum*le dont belong in the same sentence. why did his career slow down so much, he was an animal. Id like to see if he still is. Whats up with him and Ken? Arent they suppose to fight in the IFL?
he still is an animal.
they might fight each other but i dont see it happening for maybe another year.

frank fighting Baroni reminds me when Frank kicked
Lober's ass! in the UFC

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Frank might act like a child and all that, but he is a great well rounded fighter...
Yes, he does act like a child! I don't like him, but I can't help but enjoy his antics...anybody ever see his fight with El Guapo? He wouldn't shut his mouth the entire 15 minutes (I think it was their second fight).

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yes, he does act like a child! I don't like him, but I can't help but enjoy his antics...anybody ever see his fight with El Guapo? He wouldn't shut his mouth the entire 15 minutes (I think it was their second fight).
Was that the one where he kept making the faces on the ground when Bas was hitting him?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup, that was the one. I don't like him, but how can one not laugh at that!?!

Brother

Brother

Awards
im not sure but i think Bass knocked him out of the ring. He can fight and he put Zinoviav or however you spell it out of fighting with a broken neck. however after his near loss to Tito he sat back on his heels and made out like a bandit on siminars and crap. hes not like the iceman when it comes to testing himself thats for sure.

Brother

Brother

Awards
i think that was the first time they fought. the next fight frank gets a shin to the head and sends him out of the ring.

Im not sure but I think Metzger plays with his hair more than Frank and Ken runs a close third lol ... homos

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Oh yeah, they both ended up out of the ring!

F Shamrock vs Bas Rutten - 8OP Media [url]

The caption says Pride fight, but it was definitely Pancrase.
you are right its an old pancrase fight. It just makes me realize how good bas was back in the day.

With regard to Frank, it is highly doubtful he will ever fight a top tier 185lber. But that is Frank. I dont think he would stand a chance against the top guys at this point. Him v. A. Silva would get ugly IMO

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
As I recall, those punches Shamrock ate while making faces led to a cut that lost him the fight.

Rufio

Awards
I think Frank could take Silva or Franklin, but not Hendo or Filho. I'm not sure how he'd do against Kang. The thing about the MW division is that almost none of the top 5 guys have actually fought each other.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think Frank could take Silva or Franklin, but not Hendo or Filho. I'm not sure how he'd do against Kang. The thing about the MW division is that almost none of the top 5 guys have actually fought each other.

i dont know why everyone is up Dan Henderson's ass.. the only reason he beat Wanderlei is because Wand was in the hospital the night before with a 104 degree fever. Wanderlei whooped Henderson's ass before.

Btw Frank already beat "Hendo" in a grappling match fairly quickly.

texxlnghorn

Awards
YEA, Frank beat the crap out of some what to be meat-head, want to be MMA fighter saturday night.

Brother

Brother

Awards
i dont know why everyone is up Dan Henderson's ass.. the only reason he beat Wanderlei is because Wand was in the hospital the night before with a 104 degree fever. Wanderlei whooped Henderson's ass before.

Btw Frank already beat "Hendo" in a grappling match fairly quickly.
that was a long time ago and a MMA fight is much different than a grapling match. Hendo is a bad ass. Id love to see him and Frank throwdown.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that was a long time ago and a MMA fight is much different than a grapling match. Hendo is a bad ass. Id love to see him and Frank throwdown.
it would be a realy good fight

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
I don't know know what's up with Shamrock. After the Renzo incident and relentless childish smack talk on the youtube, I was sick of Frank. After this win, though, for some reason I can't help but sort of like the guy again even though I'm not sure I want to.
Its human nature bro - people like winners.

Look at all the people who hated ARod last year, they all love him now!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Its human nature bro - people like winners.

Look at all the people who hated ARod last year, they all love him now!
To some extent, but I was refering more to his charisma.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Here's what Dana White thinks about Frank and Tito.

ESPN.com: Did you watch Showtime EliteXC's Phil Baroni versus Frank Shamrock recently?
DW: I had dinner at the Palms, and I had them put it on in the room because I wanted to see Baroni knock his head off. It didn't work out that way.

ESPN.com: What did you think of their skill levels?
DW: They both looked bad. Phil's a good friend of mine, so it's unfortunate. Frank Shamrock is not going to fight anybody near the top-10 level.

ESPN.com: You wouldn't be tempted to bring back Frank for a big event?
DW: Who knows? But Frank is such a moron. He's so hard to deal with. He really is a jackass. If I could get it done, maybe I would. Look at me and Tito. We don't get along at all. You won't ever find two people who work together talk more [expletive] about each other. Tito's an idiot. He's a complete, absolute moron. But we can do business.

ESPN.com: So why not kill two birds with one stone. How about Tito versus Frank Shamrock?
DW: Frank Shamrock would never fight Tito Ortiz. Tito would crush him. Frank's not going to fight anybody serious. He's going to very carefully handpick his opponents, and continue to play the smoke and mirrors game.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Didn't know Phil and Dana were friends. That seems odd.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where is all this Frank Shamrock nuthuggery coming from? What C+ level fighter will become popular with a win over a C level fighter next? Frank is irrelevant to MMA. The last significant win he had was 8 years ago over Tito. Since then all he has fought is barely above .500 fighers. So what, the guy beat Baroni. That is far from impressive. He has a lot to prove before anyone can say he is back. I hope Dana signs him. I would love to see him get his ass kicked in UFC.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Not here, I was not overall impressed.

I think Frank has some finesse, a product of great natural talent and his acrobatic workout routines, but he lacks decisively superior skills in any one area and the stamina to match up with the UFC's best. I don't think that Frank has kept himself up with the times.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Where is all this Frank Shamrock nuthuggery coming from? What C+ level fighter will become popular with a win over a C level fighter next? Frank is irrelevant to MMA. The last significant win he had was 8 years ago over Tito. Since then all he has fought is barely above .500 fighers. So what, the guy beat Baroni. That is far from impressive. He has a lot to prove before anyone can say he is back. I hope Dana signs him. I would love to see him get his ass kicked in UFC.

i cant believe i am dignifying this with a response,

neither Baroni nor Frank are C- Level fighters (if there is such a thing)
i agree that Frank hasnt faught anyone super good in a long time but to talk sh1t and call Baroni and Frank C-level fighters
Your a punk that doesnt know anything about fighting. Baroni is a idiot and as a person i cant stand him. But he is a good well rounded fighter who has faught many and beaten some of the best fighters. same with Frank... and Rogue Drone your talking out of your ass as well. Frank lacks the stamina????????? you must be out of your mind. Not to mention everyhing else you said was crap.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Baroni is well rounded? He does one thing very well, slug hard inside and one thing decently, wrestle with a very basic sub ability.

Baroni has not fought the best of his division in Pride, his best wins are Kondo and Chonan by punching them out in the first round, because, like his mentor Mark Coleman, he gasses fast when his intensity doesn't quickly prevail. I don't what letter class he's in, but it ain't A, never has been a contender, never will be with his limited skill and the mind set of non adaptation aka Hammer House.

Shamrock hasn't fought anyone decent since Ortiz in '99, since then he punched out an older trainer who had no fight experience, Cesar Gracie, repeatedly taken down by Renzo Gracie and stalling on his back for a referee standup before deciding to foul out and beating one dimensional middle level Phil.

What did you see in any one or all of those fights, PHWSSJ, that suggests that the Frank who dominated in the early lesser days of the UFC is still a superior fighter?

I'll tell you what I saw - Average everything with bad stamina, sucking wind around the 3:00 mark of the Baroni fight and on the verge of puking after the end at 6:00, if he wasn't fighting a guy with equal or worse stamina who knows how that one would have ended.

Bottom line - Frank Shamrock needs to step up to contender class to validate his "legendary" status or shut the **** up until he does, otherwise he's just another Royce Gracie who's milking past glory.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Traditionally, Frank has had amazing cardio. His fights against Pardoe and Cesar were too quick to guage where it was at. Renzo was a slow fight and we all know how that ended. He clearly had poor cardio against Baroni, but it's possible that it had to do with his alleged ACL issues. Who knows? A fight with Villasenor, Ninja, or the Crow would be a step in the right direction, but as of now Frank isn't close to the top ten. As I said earlier, I was commenting more on his charisma than anything.

PWS, you come off very angry when you post. It's all a little much.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Baroni is well rounded? He does one thing very well, slug hard inside and one thing decently, wrestle with a very basic sub ability.

Baroni has not fought the best of his division in Pride, his best wins are Kondo and Chonan by punching them out in the first round, because, like his mentor Mark Coleman, he gasses fast when his intensity doesn't quickly prevail. I don't what letter class he's in, but it ain't A, never has been a contender, never will be with his limited skill and the mind set of non adaptation aka Hammer House.

Shamrock hasn't fought anyone decent since Ortiz in '99, since then he punched out an older trainer who had no fight experience, Cesar Gracie, repeatedly taken down by Renzo Gracie and stalling on his back for a referee standup before deciding to foul out and beating one dimensional middle level Phil.

What did you see in any one or all of those fights, PHWSSJ, that suggests that the Frank who dominated in the early lesser days of the UFC is still a superior fighter?

I'll tell you what I saw - Average everything with bad stamina, sucking wind around the 3:00 mark of the Baroni fight and on the verge of puking after the end at 6:00, if he wasn't fighting a guy with equal or worse stamina who knows how that one would have ended.

Bottom line - Frank Shamrock needs to step up to contender class to validate his "legendary" status or shut the **** up until he does, otherwise he's just another Royce Gracie who's milking past glory.
Exactly. Anyone that even attempts to call Shamrock legendary has reached the most pinnacle stage of nuthuggary. Frank Shamrock legendary! :icon_lol:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bottom line for me is to give Frank his respect: he is a legend and one of the greatest athletes in the history of MMA. If he really wanted to, I am sure he could come back to the top of the 185 lb class. He is that special of an athlete.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'd consider Frank a legend, Norris, for his achievements in the early UFC's. He dominated for a few years just as Royce dominated for a few years.

I hope Fedor settles up with the UFC soon. I'd hate to see him go the way of Frank fighting lesser opponents in Bodog. He's the man, but he hasn't really fought a top guy since CC, maybe Hunt. I hate to see him get owned when the competition steps up.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Traditionally, Frank has had amazing cardio. His fights against Pardoe and Cesar were too quick to guage where it was at. Renzo was a slow fight and we all know how that ended. He clearly had poor cardio against Baroni, but it's possible that it had to do with his alleged ACL issues. Who knows? A fight with Villasenor, Ninja, or the Crow would be a step in the right direction, but as of now Frank isn't close to the top ten. As I said earlier, I was commenting more on his charisma than anything.

PWS, you come off very angry when you post. It's all a little much.
I saw the same crap on Sherdog for about 2 weeks after the last Elite XC. I dont know where all this Frank Shamrock worship came from, but it is hilarous and ridiculous to watch.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I saw the same crap on Sherdog for about 2 weeks after the last Elite XC. I dont know where all this Frank Shamrock worship came from, but it is hilarous and ridiculous to watch.
What "crap"? The ACL issue?

If that's what your refering to, it was stated by Goldberg during the show and Frank after. If it came from Frank, though, there is always a reasonable chance that it's BS. That's why I said it was "alleged".

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line is Frank needs to prove something. He hasn't had a great performance since 99. It's ridiculous to speculate what he could do, let's see that sh*t! Dumming down session provided by Alexander.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What "crap"? The ACL issue?

If that's what your refering to, it was stated by Goldberg during the show and Frank after. If it came from Frank, though, there is always a reasonable chance that it's BS. That's why I said it was "alleged".
He must've quoted the wrong post. Cause it seems he thought you were hugging Frank's nuts, which clearly is not the case.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
:bow28:

Frank Shamrock is a fag who would get brutally sodomized, like a Pitbull on a two year old, by Faber.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
:bow28:

Frank Shamrock is a fag who would get brutally sodomized, like a Pitbull on a two year old, by Faber.
Damn, I wonder if Auggie thinks Faber could beat Frank. If so, I would love to see an all-star showdown between PHW and the Augmeister.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Maybe when the new UFC vid game comes out, we can play or create fighters online and settle this like the true Internet Tough Guys we all are.

My money's on the Barnacle to triumph by way of undying devotion or maybe the Good Humor Man will finally be able to pick a winner.

Brother

Brother

Awards
^^AMEN drone! ^^

No one has commented on his amazing hair grooming abilities in the ring yet... im shocked??

Brother

Brother

Awards

I meant amen to that ^ :head:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dynomite MMA 23
MMA 15
jas123 MMA 36
MMA 6
PHWSSJ MMA 20