What you guys think about the WEC?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone watch WEC? What do you think about their champions?

Most of the guys or just about all of them i havent heard of except jason miller and dan (the tool douchebag) cristophson.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I think WEC pretty much sucks now, some notables aside, but

If Pride is gone, as I suspect it is,I think WEC will soon to become the secondary UFC, as Zuffa brings in former Pride and up and coming fighters.

Just casually thinking about the number of fighters currently in the UFC and the number of potentials from the above, I think they are going to have to do this to manage their excess of riches, talent wise. Either that or raise the bar and exclude fighters that previously would have gotten PPV exposure, which provides an oppurtunity for someone else, like Showtime or Bodog to pick up talent.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Did you see the WEC event where the Diaz brothers pull up in a lowrider, to the song "lowrider", to begin Nate's entrance? I like the WEC, its a decent minor league, and as Rogue stated, it should get better with many Pride fighters needing a place to fight as well as the UFC fighters whom places will be taken by the Pride guys that go directly to the UFC. Plus you get to listen to Quadros, and Blatnik I don't mind either. Vera came up through WEC, I definitely recommend checking out his WEC fights, a couple brutal KO's. Beats the sh*t out of KOTC.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
their 205 champ was a psycho and id like to see faber go against some quality ufc guys.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I like what I've seen on the Wreckage show so far.

I think it would be a good place to put many of the lesser TUFers.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
their 205 champ was a psycho and id like to see faber go against some quality ufc guys.
Doug Marshall? Faber is too small for the UFC. When they develop a 145# division, he'll be one of the first guys to call.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I like WEC Wrekage...some good fights by relatively unknown fighters (except for Miller & Faber) and it's free.
I kinda wish it stayed on HDNET since I don't have the HD Versus Network...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doug Marshall? Faber is too small for the UFC. When they develop a 145# division, he'll be one of the first guys to call.
yeah it was doug marshall.....he straight knocked that 6'6" guy the **** out. lol. Id just like to see him go with Liddel for sh1ts and giggles..

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
@ 145 Faber is very entertaining, however move him to 155 and he will not be that much of a standout.

I am excited to watch Filho in the WEC at their next event.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
yeah it was doug marshall.....he straight knocked that 6'6" guy the **** out. lol. Id just like to see him go with Liddel for sh1ts and giggles..
Liddell vs Marshall............. what do you got against Marshall?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Liddell vs Marshall............. what do you got against Marshall?
nothing man. i think he's a brawler maybe just a more polished street fighter. Looks like a guy that would be at a bar or something fighting in the street every weekend. I liked his style i think it would be a good match of styles with liddel.

Brother

Brother

Awards
WEC Wrekage is pretty good considering how it used to be. I was pleasntly surprised. Bodog has gotten better as well. One Punch Pickett is fun to watch...scrappy little Mc looks like he cant to get back to his corner between rounds. I suspect he has a Guiness instead of water.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like what I've seen on the Wreckage show so far.

I think it would be a good place to put many of the lesser TUFers.
IE Alex Karalexis :ntome:

This will no doubt become the place for the TUFers that don't make it and I'm sure will spawn the the UFC's 145 class once Jens and Urijah have it out :thumbsup:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Filho's inclusion is bizaar. I guess they are letting him warm up in the cage setting before tackling the big dawgs like the hermanator and Leben?

He's not the most exciting guy, of course....

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't get ahead of yourself...Doerksen vs. Filho August 5th...then the destruction of the unproven TUFers :nutkick:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
WEC definitely has some good talent. Faber is great. Brock Larson has been very impressive. Carlos Condit looked really good, too. I'd be curious to see some of the 205ers like Marshall and Stann face UFC talent.