Reminder UFN tonight on Spike

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Reminder UFN tonight on Spike

I didn't realize this was tonight so I thought I'd remind everyone.

I'll take Fisher in the main event.

Btw, should we do a UFC 72 contest?

2. Registered User
    Answers

I hate to be a party pooper, but I have very little interest in 72, or a contest for it. I would participate, but barely. I'm looking forward to watching Mcfedries fight, a slightly bigger Lawler, pure excitement. I say F the 72 contest and lets do one for the Showtime/Strikeforce/EliteXC/Total domination, I mean how many fuc*ing names are there. Either way that should be a good night of fights.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Oh man! I almost forgot! THANKS!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks! I would have forgotten.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I didn't realize this was tonight so I thought I'd remind everyone.

I'll take Fisher in the main event.

Btw, should we do a UFC 72 contest?
    Skip 72 and just wait for 73. Strikeforce looks like a great card to do a contest with.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I agree with your sentiment about UFC 72. I would encourage people not to buy it to send a message to Dana and Co. not to put on ****ty cards. I may watch it at a bar, though, since they pay a fixed fee anyway.

Spencer looked pretty amazing last night. He's got some serious hand speed. Is it just me or is anyone else sick of Goldie and Rogan hyping one guy during a fight? Like after the first round when Stout had come back to some extent yet Fisher was still light years ahead according to them or in the AA-Werdum snoozefest that was a lot closer than Rogan and Goldie made it sound like.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I missed UFN last night mainly cause I really didn't want to watch it. I wanted to see Fisher/Stout though I heard it was a good fight.
  8. Gold Member
    Answers

I'm watching UFN right now, haven't even seen Stout/Fisher yet, and so far this seems to be one of the best cards of 07.

Tavares was awesome. I love these super well-rounded Fitch/Dracula was a tough one, and very impressive by both guys. Drew is a ****ing animal; that Bulgarian dude should have come in and shot immediately. The Reiner fight was the only one where it appeared that a solid fighter was fighting a chump. I don't know anything about Reiner, but I'm guessing he's a good grappler who had no idea what he was up against since the other guy took the fight on short notice.

I heard the main event was great. It's about to start.
  9. Gold Member
    Answers

Damn, Stout/Fisher was great too. I agree that Rogan and Goldie exaggerated Fisher's performance over Stout, but I think Fisher did look a lot better. Either Spencer's hands are quick, but not that heavy, or Stout has a cast-iron jaw.

Fisher definitely showed incredible striking versatility. The only time he was looking a bit weaker in that dept. was when he started throwing some overhands. The body kicks were sick, and he mixed it up with left and right kicks to the body and legs, and threw some great combos and elbows (don't know if they landed) in the pocket. Fisher was very impressive.

I hate to say it, but Spencer might have Lauzon's number.
  10. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else sick of Goldie and Rogan hyping one guy during a fight? Like after the first round when Stout had come back to some extent yet Fisher was still light years ahead according to them or in the AA-Werdum snoozefest that was a lot closer than Rogan and Goldie made it sound like.
    Agreed. I love the fact that Spencer said it shouldve been a draw...uh...if you listened to Rogan the whole time you'd think Spencer whooped his ass with one hand behind his back.

Also, is it me or does Rogan say at least once an event "This is the best we've seen <insert fighters name> in a long,long time".
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Damn, Stout/Fisher was great too. I agree that Rogan and Goldie exaggerated Fisher's performance over Stout, but I think Fisher did look a lot better. Either Spencer's hands are quick, but not that heavy, or Stout has a cast-iron jaw.

I hate to say it, but Spencer might have Lauzon's number.
    Did you hear the impact the blows that Stout absorbed in the first round? They were HARD. I've seen Spec hit other people like that and they buckle.

I really like both fighters, but Fisher did get the best of the exchanges. Stout did well overall, getting in some body kicks, straight rights, etc. but he just did not land any of those thunderous hits that Spec did. Plus his angles were not as good nor countering as good.

I think the Louzon fight would be good, but Spec would win by KO/TKO if Louzon decides to stand with him.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Lol, Rogan does say that allot, but most of the time he is right or just the last performance he saw wasnt a good one.
  13. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JZ7757 View Post
    Did you hear the impact the blows that Stout absorbed in the first round? They were HARD. I've seen Spec hit other people like that and they buckle.

I really like both fighters, but Fisher did get the best of the exchanges. Stout did well overall, getting in some body kicks, straight rights, etc. but he just did not land any of those thunderous hits that Spec did. Plus his angles were not as good nor countering as good.

I think the Louzon fight would be good, but Spec would win by KO/TKO if Louzon decides to stand with him.
    Yeah, I tend to think Stout's jaw kept him in there, but, although Fisher has quite a few KO's on his record, I know some of them are from knees, not hands. Nonetheless, I think Stout has a stout jaw (damn I'm corny).

Lauzon definitely wouldn't be stupid enough to stand with Fisher. L's standup isn't very good. It would be a great style matchup, though. Great striker vs. great sub/gnp guy.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Answers

oh no doubt Stout's jaw was a *ahem* quite enduring. We will see in three years after taking those type of shots if he still is as pretty. lol

Agreed. Overall, great style match up. Edge to spec with experience too.
  15. Gold Member
    Answers

agreed
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I would participate, but barely.
    I thought that was the norm for you given your usual performance.

(OK, that would be a lot funnier if you hadn't won the last one).
  17. Banned
    Answers

I give all the credit to the LW's last night, but it really made me realize how dominant Sherk is going to be at 155
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrTotality View Post
    I give all the credit to the LW's last night, but it really made me realize how dominant Sherk is going to be at 155
    Unfortunately I think you're right. Sorry SS, Sherk just doesn't do it for me.
  19. Gold Member
    Answers

Honestly, I haven't seen enough of Sherk to have a real sense of how good he is. However, one thing that may cause him problems is the high level of BJJ that appears to be coming into the UFC lately. I don't know who all these guys are, so I can't be overly specific, but since it is fresh from last night: Tavares appears very strong, highly composed, dangerous standing, from the top, and from his back. Guys like this could cause probs for the wee midget. Does anyone have a sense of Sherk's choke defense????

There are these others, like Gleison Tibau, and several others. I think they're mostly lighter, but some of them are WWs, so I'm not sure.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Reminder UFN and TUF premier tonight!
    By jas123 in forum MMA
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
  2. Don't forget - Tonight on Spike
    By aquanutz in forum MMA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:27 PM
  3. Tonight on TLC greg valentino 10:00 est.
    By Jim Mills in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 03:43 PM
  4. Tonight on TLC greg valentino 10:00 est.
    By Jim Mills in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 04:35 AM
  5. Just watched Testosterone Boys on spike...
    By jarhead in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 08:35 PM