Lack of motivation - AnabolicMinds.com

Lack of motivation

1. Professional Member

Lack of motivation

First of all, I'm not lazy. I have enough motivation to hold a full time job, make house improvements, lift, clean, cook, etc etc, but I've lost the motivation to drive 1 hour to practice late at night, and one hour back. I hate the drive, and when I get back it's late as hell and ruins my sleep a little bit.

I wish I could find somewhere else closer to train.

What should I do?

2. Registered User

I'm in the same boat. I only have to drive 30 minutes to class, but I get up before 5am most days, so by the time an 8pm class rolls around, I'm beat. I can still get up the motivation, but when class ends at 9:30 or so, and I know that by the time I drive, eat, shower, get to sleep, prep my food for the next day, etc, it will be close to 11:30pm...not a happy prospect when getting up 5 hours later.

I've missed ****loads of training b/c of this. Thank God for summer vacation! 2 more weeks
  3. Registered User

Oh yeah, this is about you, not me...

I guess you just need to weigh out the pros and cons. Is it worth it? Should you commit to two sessions per week, and make that your priority? There are no easy solutions. Hopefully you can find a gym closer. I'm so desperate that I'm actually looking to buy a place close to an MMA gym, and already have 3 possibilities lined up according to where I move.
    •   

4. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Oh yeah, this is about you, not me...

I guess you just need to weigh out the pros and cons. Is it worth it? Should you commit to two sessions per week, and make that your priority? There are no easy solutions. Hopefully you can find a gym closer. I'm so desperate that I'm actually looking to buy a place close to an MMA gym, and already have 3 possibilities lined up according to where I move.
    The closest place is 1 hour away.

I'm trying to find guys around my area to roll with, but It's very very hard.
  5. Anabolic Innovations Rep

Just keep looking around. I spent a couple hours a few weeks ago on the internet looking for places around me and found a Militech Fighting School thats only 10 minutes from my house. I had no idea it existed until i stumbled onto it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lack of motivation and fatigue
    By ace7863 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 05:34 PM
  2. Any cures for total lack of motivation?
    By Moyer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 11:13 AM
  3. Puzzled on lack of gains
    By Nate Dawg in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 02:58 AM
  4. 13 Reasons Why Lack of Sunshine Makes You Fat
    By Dwight Schrute in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 12:09 PM