Kurt Angle and the UFC

  1. Advanced Member
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    390
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    42.69%

    Kurt Angle and the UFC


    Anyone else here about Kurt Angle possibly signing a contract with the UFC?

    link

    Headline Planet News Kurt Angle Rumored To Be Joining MMA; Possible Opponents Named

  2. Banned
    MrTotality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    31.17%

    until he is in a cage I wont believe it
  3. New Member
    JZ7757's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    324
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    90.45%

    ehh...38 y/o wrestler new to mma...ehh, dont think so. Kurt or not, i just dont see this being good either way besides the name hype/promo for the ufc.

    does he even have any real mma skill?

    wrestlers comming into the sport blind worked a couple of years ago, but i dont think so now with everyone being good at a couple of things and a master at one.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2162
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This has been rumored for a while. I didn't know he was 38. If they want a wrestler that old to try the sport, they might as well get Karelin (of course, sadly he doesn't have the WWF recognition of Angle).
  5. New Member
    JZ7757's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    324
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    90.45%

    yup, December 9, 1968 (thx wiki!). yeah, i doubt this is happening.
  6. Advanced Member
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    390
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    42.69%

    Other then being a gold medalist wrestler I have no idea if he has any other mma skill... and I doubt he does. But you have to think about, the UFC would make a killing off this guy. He has a huge fan base which would carry over into the UFC as already mentioned in the article I posted. Nonetheless it would be entertaining to see him in the cage haha.
  7. New Member
    firefighter2032's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    342
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%

    I heard Dana White say that if Angle was serious he'd like to see him get in 6 months straight of MMA training before taking on a fight.

    I did see on a tv ad that Brock Lesnar (sp?) is going to be in a MMA match in California in June. Not sure which company is hosting it though.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,755
    Rep Power
    1317338
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    30.56%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter2032 View Post
    I heard Dana White say that if Angle was serious he'd like to see him get in 6 months straight of MMA training before taking on a fight.

    I did see on a tv ad that Brock Lesnar (sp?) is going to be in a MMA match in California in June. Not sure which company is hosting it though.
    K-1, it is this Saturday.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  9. New Member
    Thrall's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    45.9%

    Brock Lesner is a beast. I wonder how he'll do? I hope no wrestling fans watch. They'll wonder why he isn't doing body slams and slapping people across the chest!

    Maybe some of his wrestling fans will bring signs to hold up in support!!
  10. Senior Member
    sdmf45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    827
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    62.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    kurt angle in mma? ya right. wwe and mma aren't even in the same league. he's gonna go from a coreographed match to O sh!t i'm getting my ass kicked for real. course i would love to see him step into the cage and get his ass kicked.
  11. Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
    ugab37's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,013
    Rep Power
    615
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    53.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    kurt angle in mma? ya right. wwe and mma aren't even in the same league. he's gonna go from a coreographed match to O sh!t i'm getting my ass kicked for real. course i would love to see him step into the cage and get his ass kicked.
    I dont know man. Kurt is supposed to be a worldclass wrestler and he's clearly strong as he**. If he can get some submissions and a little standup in his game, he could probably beat a few people. I dont think there's a chance he'll be a champion or anything close, but I do feel that his superior wrestiling skills could give him a few victories.
  12. Advanced Member
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    390
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    42.69%

    Quote Originally Posted by ugab37 View Post
    I dont know man. Kurt is supposed to be a worldclass wrestler and he's clearly strong as he**. If he can get some submissions and a little standup in his game, he could probably beat a few people. I dont think there's a chance he'll be a champion or anything close, but I do feel that his superior wrestiling skills could give him a few victories.
    Yeah but he would have to train his ass off to get his wrestling back to par. It was not exactly being used in WWE. Plus he's getting up there age wise. As for Brock Lesnar... didn't that guy play NFL for like half a season? Or did he just do some try outs, I remember when he quit WWE he was persuing an NFL career. I'm suprised he passed the drug test haha.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,755
    Rep Power
    1317338
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    30.56%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    Yeah but he would have to train his ass off to get his wrestling back to par. It was not exactly being used in WWE. Plus he's getting up there age wise. As for Brock Lesnar... didn't that guy play NFL for like half a season? Or did he just do some try outs, I remember when he quit WWE he was persuing an NFL career. I'm suprised he passed the drug test haha.
    Lesnar has always been a huge guy. I am actually tired of hearing about how people are surprised that he passed a piss test; guess very few people have ever seen the guy wrestle in college.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  14. Advanced Member
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    390
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    42.69%

    oh really, didn't know that
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. New Kurt Angle Reality Show...here is the video
    By holyintellect in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:35 AM
  2. Transdermals and the sun
    By CNcurl90s44 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2003, 11:23 PM
  3. Steriods and the Liver
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 09:28 PM
  4. Prostate health, the male, and the androgen user.
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 03:48 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in