Liddell vs Wandy

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After last time, I will reserve excitement until the weigh-in and subsequent stare-down

However, if it happens as planned, then WAR WANDERLEI SILVA (I am sure nobody thought I would root for Wand).

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
That is shocking, what's come over you?

I expected you and Vince Spider to be The Iceman's corner, advising him to drop the worthless BCAA's and get on the real deal of Glutamine. :cool:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
After last time, I will reserve excitement until the weigh-in and subsequent stare-down

However, if it happens as planned, then WAR WANDERLEI SILVA (I am sure nobody thought I would root for Wand).
If this fight happens and when Wandy rips through Chuck what does this mean for the Iceman? Hendo, Shogun? That would be 2 more loses in my book, 4 in a row.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If this fight happens and when Wandy rips through Chuck what does this mean for the Iceman? Hendo, Shogun? That would be 2 more loses in my book, 4 in a row.
I don't know where Chuck would go after that. It really depends who is imported in over the next few months. Wandy will probably face the winner of Hendo/Rampage. I will reserve my prediction on Shogun until he actually arrives.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone else think that they definitely doctored Chuck's abs in that pic below the article?

Anyhow, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not sure this fight needs to happen anytime soon, though. I think both guys need to take some time off and re-invent themselves, ala Randy. Learn some new tricks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone else think that they definitely doctored Chuck's abs in that pic below the article?

Anyhow, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not sure this fight needs to happen anytime soon, though. I think both guys need to take some time off and re-invent themselves, ala Randy. Learn some new tricks.
At the weigh-in, he had abs, but on top of a good amount of VAT. There are a few fights were he has abs actually...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
All these fights are tough to call, but I don't see Hendo beating any of these guys. Hendo is getting way too much credit at 205. He beat a not 100% Wand, took it to Vitor "never was" Belfort, got tooled by Lil Nog, decisioned by Misaki, close decision against Kondo, close decision against Bustamanche, lost to Arona, a lucky decision over Ninja, and beat down against Wand the first fight. Now, obviously a lot of these fights are somewhat old. His recent wins against Vitor and Wand are big, but throw in his loss to Rogerio and I don't see how he's getting so much credit. Many have him as #2 in the world at LHW. I think that's a little high, and that he would lose to most of the top 10 LHW's. I like Dan, but he would be better off at 183/5, even their it's not like he's dominant.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All these fights are tough to call, but I don't see Hendo beating any of these guys. Hendo is getting way too much credit at 205. He beat a not 100% Wand, took it to Vitor "never was" Belfort, got tooled by Lil Nog, decisioned by Misaki, close decision against Kondo, close decision against Bustamanche, lost to Arona, a lucky decision over Ninja, and beat down against Wand the first fight. Now, obviously a lot of these fights are somewhat old. His recent wins against Vitor and Wand are big, but throw in his loss to Rogerio and I don't see how he's getting so much credit. Many have him as #2 in the world at LHW. I think that's a little high, and that he would lose to most of the top 10 LHW's. I like Dan, but he would be better off at 183/5, even their it's not like he's dominant.
For having the championship, I have him ranked #2; champions deserve to be at the top when their divisions are competitive.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
For having the championship, I have him ranked #2; champions deserve to be at the top when their divisions are competitive.
You actually have him ranked at #3, only Roguey has him at #2 out of the thread I started. Having the belt in a competitive division is good reasoning. How do you think Hendo would do against Chuck, Rampage, Shogun, and lets say Rashad for fun?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You actually have him ranked at #3, only Roguey has him at #2 out of the thread I started. Having the belt in a competitive division is good reasoning. How do you think Hendo would do against Chuck, Rampage, Shogun, and lets say Rashad for fun?
Hendo has a chance against Chuck and Rashad. Rampage is a bad match-up for him, but Shogun is interesting. His chin has never really been tested and Hendo has an excellent right cross. I would say that Shogun would be the favorite, but there is always a chance for a fighter with a KO punch.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established

I know it seems like I have been hugging Hendo's nuts but i like the guy and he is a good fighter(I only hug Shoguns nuts)

He beat Wandy I don't care if he was 100% or not. I don't recall a beatdown in their first fight I will have to check it out again. Ok I will give u the Vitor fights and a lose to Nog is nothing to discredit him for. He has 2 belts which puts him high in my books. I really believe he will beat Rampage. Would make one of a fight, great wrestlers good strikers both are agressive. Should last alot longer than Page/Liddell lol

Also u forgot to note his wins over Nog and babalu. He also KO'ed Bustamanche once.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hendo's hit-or-miss. Somtimes he looks great, other times he's a little off. I like him.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I love Hendo. A friend was just telling me that Hendo supposedly claimed to have not trained for the GP last year due to some dispute with DSE. Regardless, Hendo seems to bring it when fighting bigger guys. He really should just focus on his division, since he is fighting LHW in the 190s.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I know it seems like I have been hugging Hendo's nuts but i like the guy and he is a good fighter(I only hug Shoguns nuts)

He beat Wandy I don't care if he was 100% or not. I don't recall a beatdown in their first fight I will have to check it out again. Ok I will give u the Vitor fights and a lose to Nog is nothing to discredit him for. He has 2 belts which puts him high in my books. I really believe he will beat Rampage. Would make one of a fight, great wrestlers good strikers both are agressive. Should last alot longer than Page/Liddell lol

Also u forgot to note his wins over Nog and babalu. He also KO'ed Bustamanche once.
Oh, he did beat Nog and Babalu in Rings. Those fights are heavily disputable, he probably should've lost both. Regardless he did a good job against 2 guys that were much bigger than him. Let's also not forget that Rings is not full MMA, and that Nog beat him in the re-match, whatever I'm rambling. Hendo is damn impressive fighting guys 25 pounds heavier then him, but if he were to fight all of the current top 10, I believe he would be batting about 300.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Old Decision Dan is like the Bizarro Guy Mezger, every somewhat close decision goes his way (except maybe the last Misaki fight). I think he'd do better than .300 against the top ten, maybe more like .500. I've never seen Arona-Hendo (just a highlight), was it close?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Old Decision Dan is like the Bizarro Guy Mezger, every somewhat close decision goes his way (except maybe the last Misaki fight). I think he'd do better than .300 against the top ten, maybe more like .500. I've never seen Arona-Hendo (just a highlight), was it close?
So true. I havn't watched it for a while. From what I remember Arona's strength was too much for Dan, but of course scrapper Dan put up a good fight. I think it was a pretty clear victory. I think Mezger got robbed against Arona, but that was Arona's first Pride(MMA) fight.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am taking chuck in this one, Wandy;s style is tailor made for Chuck

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am taking chuck in this one, Wandy;s style is tailor made for Chuck
Actually, Wandy's style is going to frustrate Liddell. Chuck struggles with strikers that are aggressive and he has never faced anyone with a clinch as good as Wand's.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually, Wandy's style is going to frustrate Liddell. Chuck struggles with strikers that are aggressive and he has never faced anyone with a clinch as good as Wand's.
gotta disagree, Wandy to his credit will come directly at Chuck which will play right into Chuck's hands. However, it Chuck gets hit, he will go down, however so will Wandy

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gotta disagree, Wandy to his credit will come directly at Chuck which will play right into Chuck's hands. However, it Chuck gets hit, he will go down, however so will Wandy
When has Chuck beaten a striker that is aggressive?

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When has Chuck beaten a striker that is aggressive?
Vitor.

By the same token, when has Wandy beat someone with Chucks counterpunching and striking power?

I agree I think Wandy could win, but I see this as a bad matchup for him.

Also, I think your bias is a bit much

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vitor.

By the same token, when has Wandy beat someone with Chucks counterpunching and striking power?

I agree I think Wandy could win, but I see this as a bad matchup for him.

Also, I think your bias is a bit much
Vitor did not try to stand with Chuck for much of that fight. Also, I would not qualify Vitor as an aggressive striker anymore, especially against other strikers.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Vitor did not try to stand with Chuck for much of that fight. Also, I would not qualify Vitor as an aggressive striker anymore, especially against other strikers.
hat fight was several years ago and if you watch it Vitor was agressive. However, you neglect to answer my question about Wand

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
How about Guy Mezger? He is more of a counter puncher, he did do well against Wand until Wand went all Axe Murderer on him.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Wand's game requires confidence, fearlessness, and aggression at least at it's peak. Right now he doesn't have these things and I'd probably give the edge to Chuck. 2003 Wand would destroy Chuck IMO. Wand needs a few confidence builders first to get back that axe-murderer mentality.

Jumper

Jumper

Awards
I heard Wanderlei wanted to take the rest of the year off. I don't know if I really see that happening, but I think in light of some of his recent fights, he feels like he needs to regroup.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
Of course I want to see Chuck/Vand, but for Vand's first UFC Fight?
So what happens if he gets KO'd? That'd be 3 x in his last 3 fights. Could he come back from that?
I think I'd rather have him fight some lesser known fighter first.
I guess the rationale would be get them to fight before either of them loses again...

Also, I don't like Hendo coming in (since nobody knows him here) and fighting Rampage.
For us "knowledgable" MMA Fans it's a good fight, but from a promotional standpoint, it's not that good.
If Hendo wins, nobody knows who he is, and you've just lost a great, marketable fighter. Dan isn't the most "exciting" interview.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm worried that CC might have done irreparable harm to Wand. This will probably be the biggest fight in each fighter's career.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Wanderlei Silva is not the aggressive fighter he used to be. It is that simple. Chuck Lidell is a counter puncher for sure. But consider this: they are BOTH regrouping right now. Perhaps, should they fight, we would see new surprises from both? My guess would be that they would both be too reserved, and it might be somewhat of a disappointment. They DO need confidence builders.

I agree with the sentiment that Dan Henderson needs a buffer fight before he gets a title shot. Then again, is that really fair, considering he holds 2 belts in pride?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm not nearly as worried about Chuck as I am about Wand. Chuck took a good shot, but was fine. Wandy was hospitalized...I think both times. Wand needs a buildup much worse than Chuck does. Chuck's fight could have gone either way. He just got caught.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I'm not nearly as worried about Chuck as I am about Wand. Chuck took a good shot, but was fine. Wandy was hospitalized...I think both times. Wand needs a buildup much worse than Chuck does. Chuck's fight could have gone either way. He just got caught.
True dat, true dat...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 3
SpargelJanusz MMA 163
MMA 5
holyintellect MMA 3
MMA 21