cutting weight to 185 for a fight a couple questions

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

cutting weight to 185 for a fight a couple questions

I want to lose 5 more pounds to do a Muay thai fight in arkansas in about a month. So far what I'm doing seems to be working. Which is pretty much riding a bike 50-60 miles a week, training at jujitsu and muay thai about 5 nights a week, and eating lots of big salads for dinner.
    I'm at about 190 with 7-8%bf

I want to come in at around 6% and 185. Does anyone think I should use some fatburners to help? Or just keep doing what I'm doing.

The only supps I'm taking now are a multi vitamin and fish oil and an occasional pwo protein shake.

2. Registered User

If you have a month to drop 5lbs, just keep going with what you are doing. No need to get a stim/burner in there if you have the time and dedication.

Also, plenty of fighters cut 5lbs the day of weigh-ins so you are way ahead of the game.

Also, make sure you aren't focusing too much on the greens and neglecting your protein intake.

If you add anything to your supplements, I would add some BCAA's.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

When is the weigh-in? If it is the night before, then just sit in a sauna for about 2 hours.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    When is the weigh-in? If it is the night before, then just sit in a sauna for about 2 hours.
    I don't know when weigh in will be. Wer'e driving down there on a friday and fighting on saturday.

My opponent I heard is around 195, but I'm not worried about that. I just want to be lean and fast for this.
  5. Registered User

If you are within 5 lbs you don't really need to cut right now at all. Most fighters probably walk around 10 or more lbs over the weight limit. As was said before, just don't eat or drink a few hours before the weigh in, and get in the sauna. This is common practice. Dehydrate to make weight, then rehydrate for the fight. Good Luck!

Here is some old school inspiration. My favorite is the throw at about 3:20 in. The editing is fun too. You will notice where Benny gets knocked down by a good right from Okau at about 1:53 and pops up smiling. Okau is sort of gloating, smiling, also thinking he is in control. Watch for the reversal of fortune to come. Check the stats at the very end. Those are for World Title fights.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7beh4v5c5c"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
  2. Cutting weight for MMA fight
    By littlejeni in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
  4. cutting weight for a fight
    By strap135 in forum MMA