Check out this controversial local fight

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow draggin the guy around by the arm??? that was a lil much no matter how much he "got into the fight" it was obvious he was GONE.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What a POS, if you can't control yourself you can't fight. No more fighting for that idiot.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I think it partially the referees fault also.

mad078

Awards
How undisiplined. Or i guess cheque drops are making a comeback?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Here is a link to some photos from the event: Gallery :: Mike Campbell v Justin Hammerstrum

Scroll to the bottom. Apparently, the head kick was not to the face, so all that damage was done after the ref stopped the fight. The ref was already stopping it before Hammerstrum even hit the mat, and the guy teed off for 5 or 6 shots. This is the type of event that could set MMA back to the late 90's

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
BTW, the ref is the owner of MMA.TV/The Underground Forum.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could justify 1, maybe 2 of this punches, but that **** is uncalled for. You can tell he was out from that HK, but he kept blasting away.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
WTF....that guys eye is f'd bad in those gallery photos.

And he was already down before those hits occurred.

Its behavior like this that makes me change the channel when this **** comes on.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
WTF....that guys eye is f'd bad in those gallery photos.

And he was already down before those hits occurred.

Its behavior like this that makes me change the channel when this **** comes on.
Note this is not the UFC. If this happened in the UFC you would probably see fines in the thousands and a 6-12 month suspension. The New Hampshire Boxing Commission is currently reviewing the bout and will hand down a decision.

Fining the purse is pretty worthless, since it is probably tiny anyway. This was a title fight. Should the title be stripped?

What sort of suspension does this guy deserve?

size

Awards
  • Established
Uncalled for and this sort of behavior is very bad for the sport MMA.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Note this is not the UFC. If this happened in the UFC you would probably see fines in the thousands and a 6-12 month suspension. The New Hampshire Boxing Commission is currently reviewing the bout and will hand down a decision.

Fining the purse is pretty worthless, since it is probably tiny anyway. This was a title fight. Should the title be stripped?

What sort of suspension does this guy deserve?
@ least a year, thats just wreckless and crelessness fro anothers health, they have rules for a reason, no kneeing when down if thier out AND called out you stop ect ect these are here to prevent serious injury or death. he showed an utter lack of regard for the other persons well being and if he cant fight as this sport rules then he doesnt belong in it at all no matter how good he is.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I think it partially the referees fault also.
Agreed...the ref should have tackled him after the first punch.

Uncalled for and this sort of behavior is very bad for the sport MMA.
Agreed. This is the kind of thing that gets this sport banned in some states.

This guy should be suspended and should vacate the title.

I wonder if he apologized after...doubt it!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agreed...the ref should have tackled him after the first punch.

Agreed. This is the kind of thing that gets this sport banned in some states.

This guy should be suspended and should vacate the title.

I wonder if he apologized after...doubt it!
what? na watch it again the ref was pulling him off the guy while he dragged him acroos the floor and the only thing that DID stop him WAS when the ref tackled him! the guy was outta control and you cant have that kind of mentality in such a sensitive sport, no dishing the blame off on anyone else. He should be stripped of first the title and then his clothes and beaten for being so unsporting. JMO

edit in the last pick on page 2 you can see him giving the guy a hug.... ya here i punched yer eye out after droppin ya this hug will make htings all better.... cha.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
what? na watch it again the ref was pulling him off the guy while he dragged him acroos the floor and the only thing that DID stop him WAS when the ref tackled him! the guy was outta control and you cant have that kind of mentality in such a sensitive sport, no dishing the blame off on anyone else. He should be stripped of first the title and then his clothes and beaten for being so unsporting. JMO
No, I agree. I beleive that the fighter was 100% at fault and that he was out of control. No doubt.

My point was not that it was the ref's fault, but that I have seen in UFC for example a ref (I think it was Mazagatti) really tackle a guy immediately after the other fighter was out and the guy kept swinging.

I am all about personal responsibility.

ChiTown72

ChiTown72

Board Supporter
Awards
this guy is a tool...what if the guy died? i know its not likely but could you imagine the backlash? the last thing the mma world needs right now is a death..especially from something like this

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
For the record, the guy did apologize numerous times at massmma.net (Joe Lauzon is one of the editors, and the guy who authored the thread with most of the discussion). The fighter, Campbell, claimed that it was just his intensity, and he thought the ref was Justin trying to get guard. He went on to take full responsibility for what he did, and to tell all his friends who were trying to defend his actions that he did not deserve their defense. Nonetheless, 99% of local fans are against this guy, myself among them. He was clearly out of control and will not be fighting for a while. I'll update you guys when I hear about the Commission's decision.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Personally I feel it is absolutely ridiculous. He should be disqualified. I absolutely HATE it when fighters do this. It happens all of the time in MMA and although people say, "Well how would I know if he is knocked out or able to defend himself?" It is blatantly obvious. Take the Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop fight for example. You are telling me that he didn't know that kick completely put Cro Cop out? Heck hit him once more maybe, but there is no need to go after someone like that when they are down. Have some respect and control yourself. It is a fight between men and it is a sport, not some savage, backyard, fight to the death. One day someone is going to die and the federal hammer is going to come down.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not to mention i think those 2 looked highly unmatched.... thats the crazy thing bout mma though, some crazy awesome fighters out there that look like D&D nerds with no physique.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
not to mention i think those 2 looked highly unmatched.... thats the crazy thing bout mma though, some crazy awesome fighters out there that look like D&D nerds with no physique.
Looks can be deceiving, The top dog at my gym is a soft 205, Hes 13-1 and just retarded strong. If you would see him you would think you could walk all over this kid. But on the mat he is a animal.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yep, a guy from my gym who is soft and not especially strong destroyed a fighter who was absolutely shredded and juiced to the gills (gyno and all). Looks are meaningless in MMA. If you have any doubt, poopy, just look at Fedor.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nono i know, i feel sorry for anyone who makes the mistake of pickin on these fellas thinkin theyd be a push over! just nuts!

Brother

Brother

Awards
i seen it live...pretty messed up. Nice head kick though. I didnt know he did so much damage after the fact. Everyone stood up and you couldnt tell...pretty messed up.