I'm off to the show

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have my bag packed for tonight and my Poseidon/BCAAs ready to go. The card starts at 7 and I am not sure when I go on, but I am ready and focused.

Wish me luck, bro's. I will let you know how things went tonight when I get back.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
You will win! YOU will win! You WILL win! You will WIN! YOU WILL WIN!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you won't see this in time, but best of luck, bro! You have more cajones than most. I look forward to hearing your results.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, you impress me by even stepping into the ring. Best of luck to ya! I know you'll make us all proud.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Best of luck Rodja! Let us know how it turns out! :thumbsup:

Workin

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Break a Leg! ;) (hopefully your opponents)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, I would like to thank everyone at AM for the support. Although I did not do as well as I would have liked, I know this is a learning experience.

The first round was good: I shot a double-leg and slammed my opponent and caught him in side-mount. He got out, but I got him in my guard. I started to work some rubber guard and I caught him in an omoplata. Unfortunately, I didn't secure his wrist and lift my hips off so he escaped. We grappled for the remainder of the round.

Second round was another story: I started working some stand-up and tried a high-kick, but he got me with a double and slammed me. He got side control and I didn't play a smart game, so he mounted me. I was pinned against the cage and couldn't escape. The ref called it in the second.

In retrospect, I was not ready for this fight. I had to extracurricular BS going on in my life. I may try another one, but it will probably be a while.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry to hear that.

You'll be back- and will be better- next time.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Way to go! Some miscellaneous musings:

Your opponent, in the end, is never really the player on the other side of the net, or the swimmer in the next lane, or the team on the other side of the field, or even the bar you must high-jump. Your opponent is yourself, your negative internal voices, your level of determination.

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our own inherent weakness of purpose.

Never let a day pass that you will have cause to say, 'I will do better tomorrow.'

Amazon Doll

Amazon Doll

Awards
Hey, I saw you mentioned earlier this week your herat was not in it and you had lost some focus due to personal problems.

But i am impressed by the fact that you did not make excusees, but you went and fought like you said you would.

There is a great deal of honor in that!

Plus I bet it was F U N !!!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
First, I would like to thank everyone at AM for the support. Although I did not do as well as I would have liked, I know this is a learning experience.

The first round was good: I shot a double-leg and slammed my opponent and caught him in side-mount. He got out, but I got him in my guard. I started to work some rubber guard and I caught him in an omoplata. Unfortunately, I didn't secure his wrist and lift my hips off so he escaped. We grappled for the remainder of the round.

Second round was another story: I started working some stand-up and tried a high-kick, but he got me with a double and slammed me. He got side control and I didn't play a smart game, so he mounted me. I was pinned against the cage and couldn't escape. The ref called it in the second.

In retrospect, I was not ready for this fight. I had to extracurricular BS going on in my life. I may try another one, but it will probably be a while.
Huge congrats are in order. :cheers:

Sounds like you did well, despite the mistake. I can imagine how tough MMA must be. The other day, I was on my back, my partner in side control. For a split second I thought about a sweep that I was going to try, and ...I was mounted. It seems like your muscle memory needs to be thoroughly developed b/c any time you stop to think it is too late. I'm guessing that is what happened to you in the 2nd, and I'm not surprised. Missing training recently must have dulled your automatic responses a bit.

Best of luck when you get back to training, and congratulations for already having accomplished more than most MMA fans will in their lives.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established

I commend you for even stepping in the ring. They say whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger. I predict you'll be coming back better than ever.

Nice job Rodja! :thumbsup:

Workin

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Good work Rodja. No matter the outcome, you made a competitive match out of it and had the gonads to step in the cage.

You'll be back and better than ever.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. - James 1:2-3 (HCSB)

"If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down 70 times and get up off the floor saying, 'Here comes number 71!'" - Richard M. Devos

You had the courage to do what I'm sure many of us here would also want to do! If this is what you want to do and you know that it's the right thing to do, then do not stop until you reach your goal!

We are all proud of your accomplishment!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Great job! :thumbsup:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that man my hat is off you. It takes BrassBalls to fight in front of a crowd. Props to ya.

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
keep it up! you do what you have to do. I support u!!

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards

You had the balls to get in there and that means a lot. Good job.