Never thought that I say this...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But I have completely lost my motivation to fight on Tuesday. Between not being able to train and losing my GF in the past week, I have completely lost focus and my desire to do this. Then again, I guess I can use this as motivation and purpose, but I have constantly been thinking about her. Luckily, I will be able to make weight, even though my diet has been less than stellar for about a 5 days now.

Somehow, I have got to dig deep and just think about my preperation instead of her.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Man. Bone up and get your head in the game or drop out man. This isn't a sport for half-assing anything.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, bro, that seriously sucks. Just think about all the time and energy you already put into this. If she broke up with you a week before your first fight she probably isn't the woman for you in the future. I don't mean to overstep bounds, b/c I obviously don't know the whole story or anything about your relationship, but she is literally putting your physical well-being in jeopardy or squashing a dream.

I don't think you should fight if you can't get past this. But if you drop out now you might have trouble getting another fight. As I recall, I think you said you'll be getting a nice payday for this. If it's a good org they will probably shun you for dropping out last minute. Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.

BTW, your fight is on a Tuesday???? And why can't you train? B/C of motivation?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Exnihilio is dead on, get in or get out.

To get your head right, it might be useful to ask yourself - "What would Wanderlei do in this situation"? and if you think he would go for it, ask yourself - "What beliefs about himself and what actions would he take to prepare himself?".

Acting as if, fake it till you make it, if you will, by internally and externally modeling an idol is a very effective psychological tactic to employ, try to adopt his mindset and use of physiology to prep yourself.

People generally believe that Emotion drives Action, and often fail to realize that the opposite is also true, actions with control of your physiology with selftalk/visualization can retune emotion.It's usually much easier the latter than the former.

When I'm in a funk, fear is taking hold, I start by strongly saying outloud things like "**** this, bah, this ain't nothing, I can do it, etc, and accompany that with very bold crisp use of my body, then I incorporate my logical analytical side to make a plan of action and boldly carry it out, drive that anxiety/fear/ worry away.

Like anything else, the more you practice this, the easier and more powerful it becomes, try it, it absolutley works, you don't have to believe at first, the change of action will change your beliefs.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm all for taking the fight off if you need to gain your focus. Sometimes we need it. Find out if you can dig deep and find motivation to fight and if you can't or can't be 100% sure then don't risk you getting hurt because the other fighter has the drive you don't.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't been able to train because of a dog bite to my face. If I could, then I would probably be ok with everything. As it gets closer to the event, I am starting to get back into that mode. Then again, I could channel all of my negative emotions into my driving force during my actual fight.

I am not going to pull out this late, but I am very shocked how much this has really rocked me.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear all this, man, but you WILL get through it. God knows it hurts, you're confused, and so forth, but it will pass.

My own feeling on this (and it's extremely easy for me to say because I'm not in your shoes) is that you should fight. If you let her mess this fight up for you, that's just one more painful thing she's done to you. You might look back and say "Damn, screw her- I should have fought anyway!"

Take all of your anger and aggression out on the dude you're gonna' go three rounds with. Imagine it's his fault.

And I agree with Rogue- time to go Wanderlei, so to speak.

Once again, though, very easy for me to say. Ultimately, it's your decision, and whatever you decide is the right one.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear all this, man, but you WILL get through it. God knows it hurts, you're confused, and so forth, but it will pass.

My own feeling on this (and it's extremely easy for me to say because I'm not in your shoes) is that you should fight. If you let her mess this fight up for you, that's just one more painful thing she's done to you. You might look back and say "Damn, screw her- I should have fought anyway!"

Take all of your anger and aggression out on the dude you're gonna' go three rounds with. Imagine it's his fault.

And I agree with Rogue- time to go Wanderlei, so to speak.

Once again, though, very easy for me to say. Ultimately, it's your decision, and whatever you decide is the right one.

Guess it it time to bust out the HL vids of Wandy again. I have been meditating a lot lately just to have some moments of peace and it has helped. I am ready physically, but fighting is very mental. Once that door is locked, then I know I have to forget everything else for those 3 rounds.

ChiTown72

ChiTown72

Board Supporter
Awards
just think about how pissed off you are and let it out on your opponent. I know its a hard thing to deal with it but just think about how pissed you are, let loose on him, and do not get sloppy. you will be fine, good luck

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your troubles. My advice is train your ass off the busier you stay, the less you will think about your problems. Train hard and fight and you never know you could be the next big thing in MMA and have chicken heads flocking to ya, and she'll have just the memory of how she missed out Big Time. Hey that wasn't the dog you were chasing the other day during your run. Keep ya head up Brah and pursue your dream.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your troubles. My advice is train your ass off the busier you stay, the less you will think about your problems. Train hard and fight and you never know you could be the next big thing in MMA and have chicken heads flocking to ya, and she'll have just the memory of how she missed out Big Time. Hey that wasn't the dog you were chasing the other day during your run. Keep ya head up Brah and pursue your dream.
No, it was another dog that I was walking along the road. It had tags and I was just trying to pick it up and call the owner. She, the owner, was a real ***** to me BTW; didn't apologize, thank me, or offer to pay for the bill.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Time heals bro. Unfortunately it's something you don't have.

I know how you feel. There is really nothing anyone can say to make it go away.

All you can do is try focusing on the fight as much as possible. Don't give yourself free time to think about it. Stay busy, and stay around people.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I am very sorry for all the stuff that is happening, but if I may share something with you Rodja...

3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. --Romans 5:3-4

Let this make you stronger! Follow your dream!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am very sorry for all the stuff that is happening, but if I may share something with you Rodja...

3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. --Romans 5:3-4

Let this make you stronger! Follow your dream!
Thank you. That really helps right now.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
At first I thought from your wording that she had passed on but apparently that isn't the case. I say suck it up and get over. But the fact that you have an injury and were unable to train is reason alone not to fight. The fact that you aren't prepared either physically or emotionally should indicate that you shouldn't fight. Don't try to redirect your feelings towards your opponent as it will only backfire. The fight is only going to burden you further and should you get in trouble in the fight it could be the breaking point.

Sorry if I sound a bit callous but I've lost quite a few to death so dissolution of relationships don't elicit much of a response. Also with the latter there's always a lingering shred of optimism for reconciliation.

Now I don't know you personally but in general creating additional stress just doesn't seem like a good idea.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with whatever decision you make. Hope the fight goes well if i t happens.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
****ty situation. You feeling any better? Dig deep. Best of luck bro.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Made weight and I am ready to for my fight. It clicked last night what was going down and I am ready for war.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been supportive these past few days.:pizza:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I know I don't really "know" you Rodja, but I'm proud of you brother! This is what it's all about!

I hope you post a video of the fight!!!

:head:

Take him down, bro! :nutkick:

:bruce2: :bruce1:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Made weight and I am ready to for my fight. It clicked last night what was going down and I am ready for war.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been supportive these past few days.:pizza:
That's great, stay focused, and best of luck:thumbsup: