Pride will use the unified MMA rules

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
At least Dana sounds like he wants to add knees on the ground. It's unfortunate that it sounds like the UFC won't have anyone competing in the LWGP.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Knees to grounded opponents needs to be in there.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
They need to establish the yellow card in the UFC!!! I didn't read the article. Did it mention that? Hahahaha!:sad:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Yellow card cannot be incorporated as only State Athletic Commissions can withhold any amount of a fighter's purse.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I always hated the purse deductions, that's so lame. Stalling and running should get a warning then point deductions though for sure.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always hated the purse deductions, that's so lame. Stalling and running should get a warning then point deductions though for sure.
Yes, but not as lame as someone getting paid to fight and not trying to finish the fight.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
10% of the purse is pretty fvcking steep for stalling. I think it is cool to have a strong incentive to not LNP, but it also seems to get abused. I think Rampage unnecessarily received a lot of yellow cards.

PRIDE refs can be pretty stupid. Anyone ever notice that after a sick, extended exchange or scramble for position they always yell "Fight!" I understand that they want the action to continue, but if guys don't bide their time well and recover, it will turn into a sloppy, boring fight.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I personally like the yellow card though I have issues with how it's dealt out. Fighters are paid to, well, fight. So if they aren't doing their job they shouldn't be paid to some degree.

size

Awards
  • Established
I do like the addition of the knees as it is a good counter to a wrestler. However, I would like to see elbows taken out, especially on the ground but this is not going to happen.