Funny UFC 69 Story

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was talking to my BJJ instructor about how his trip to Houston (he was working for the TSAC and approving wraps/gloves). He talked about how he met Joe Rogan and they talked about DMT and other illicits and has pictures w/ several fighters. Then he mentions that he signed the gloves of Diego and GSP and they both lost...kinda weird. He also said Diego is a very peculiar fellow...

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rogan has done DMT with some fighters?

DMT is serious stuff, man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rogan has done DMT with some fighters?

DMT is serious stuff, man.
I don't know who he has done it with, but he has written several blogs about his experiences. He also has the DMT chemical tattooed on his arm.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Rogan also drinks his own urine too though.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
There must of been some bad mojo in that sharpie

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I like Rogan - His enthusiasm for the sport, his razor wit onstage, his snapbacks at critics. He's a tough, smart Libertarian, IMO, America needs a whole lot more of his type to counter this increasingly uptight and pussified society.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, when I first started watching UFC I thought he was annoying, but he actually helped me understand a lot. We should invite him the the AM MMA forum.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, when I first started watching UFC I thought he was annoying, but he actually helped me understand a lot. We should invite him the the AM MMA forum.
What did he teach you? How to spaz out? Partially kidding. I like the guy, sure I would rather listen to Bas, but Rogain is better then most. I really appreciate what he did to Carlos Mencia.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What did he do to Mencia?
Called him out on his theft of jokes from many comedians and how he is Honduran and German, not Mexican, and his name is Ned. Rogan likes to call him Men-steal-ia.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ah, nice.

Didn't know he was a joke stealer.

I don't really like him that much as a comedian, anyway. Some of his stuff is funny, but I think Comedy Central was trying to position him as a "new Dave Chappelle", which he is far from being.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Great Idea, I'll send out an invite, I have private sources, he and I would bang out some serious disputin' ****kickin for the sheer fun of it discussions. **** you and me and others around, Joey.

Game on.

Bring it, dare you, Joseph Midget.

I'll challenge the Devil himself, Joe Rogan, bahaha,.... he's cool, but he has to earn cred here.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ah, nice.

Didn't know he was a joke stealer.

I don't really like him that much as a comedian, anyway. Some of his stuff is funny, but I think Comedy Central was trying to position him as a "new Dave Chappelle", which he is far from being.
Unfortunately even the stuff you find mildly funny is most likely stolen material. Rogan makes Mencia look like the fraud that he is, good stuff. Check it out on youtube. Like you said, he is so far from being a "new Chappelle", that's like saying Rogue is the new "fight professor".

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
What did he teach you? How to spaz out? Partially kidding. I like the guy, sure I would rather listen to Bas, but Rogain is better then most. I really appreciate what he did to Carlos Mencia.
I don't mean to imply he is better than Bas, but specifically, his BJJ explanations are good. I bet he is the reason that more fans are starting to appreciate BJJ.

I remember watching the Serra/Menjivar fight last summer...when I first got into MMA (how funny is that; it hasn't even been a year. It was a BJJ battle; the full fight took place on the ground. When you don't know BJJ it is easy to be totally clueless as to what they are doing. That was the first time I started to understand the details of guard, passing, etc.

I don't recall anything else specific, just the ongoing commentary. He often points out little detail mistakes that make fighters fail to finish a sub. It definitely helps. The first time I took a BJJ class, I nailed an armbar on someone. If it weren't for Joe's explanations I doubt I would have been able to do that.

Plus, his passion (ie spazzing out) seems genuinely authentic compared to Goldie's trained voice. I really dislike anyone who sounds too forced in commenting (newscasters and radio DJs bug me out).

Bring 'em in, Rogie.

size

Awards
  • Established
Rogan knows BJJ b/c he is/was a student of BJJ under Eddie Bravo.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I like that Mencia episode where he smashes the watermelons.

I like Rogan sometimes, and I hate him sometimes. I don't like his "too cool for school" attitude, though. He can be funny at times and is good for beginners as Beo pointed out.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just saw the youtube clip. Damn, Rogan pwned Mencia.

I read that he got dropped from his agency for that, though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just saw the youtube clip. Damn, Rogan pwned Mencia.

I read that he got dropped from his agency for that, though.
Rogan is pretty established now. I know that he does several shows in Vegas whenever the UFC is there. I think that he gets more crap than he deserves; he is honestly a fan of MMA and that is good for the sport. Goldberg on the other hand, well, lets say I wish he would go away...permanently.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How's his comedy, though? I've never seen any of it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's his comedy, though? I've never seen any of it.
He is pretty funny. A lot of his comedy is about social commentary and his experiences of illicits. He is pretty intense throughout the show.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
I dont mind Joe Rogan, he seems to know his stuff, and hes probably one of the few commentators who will actually say a fight is boring when it is.

I can appreciate his honesty, and he is a really good commentator, but if they were to replace him with say, Randy Couture, or Bas Rutten, i wouldnt be too sad.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Diego looked like he smoked some DMT before the fight.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
What the hell is DMT? I thought it was the steroid found in some OTC stuff?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is the OTHER DMT- dimethyltryptamine.

Powerful psychedelic chemical.