Rumor: Vera vs. Big Nog at UFC 73

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If this fight does happen who would you take? I'd still go with Big Nog, but Vera is always dangerous and I'm not sure how much longer Nog has left. Regardless it would be a very entertaining fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Vera isn't really battle tested like Nog. I'd definitely take Nog, and the second Barnett fight showed me that Nog can still bring it. I wonder how Nog will get cleared to fight. I thought he had an 80% vision loss in one eye....maybe it's just a false rumor, though.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Nog is really versatile and tough, but this seems to be the year of the upset, so I won't rule anything out :)

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Nog - tough as nails, tested against and beaten better strikes than Vera. If the name isn't Fedor, he's not a sure, but a damn good bet.

And, yeah, anything can happen.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sherk/Franca is suppose to take place on this card as well. Any Franca takers? Any Marquardt takers against Anderson?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Franca? No, chance of catching Sherk with a looping hook, but The Shark has good straight technically proficent offensive and defensive standup, and the strength, speed and stamina on the ground to pound Hermes out and stay out of his subs. Call me Savage Jr.

Marquardt? I'll get back on that, not sure how, but I don't ever remember seeing him.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Sherk should pound him out and I think Marquardt has a decent chance against Anderson, but I really haven't seen much of him either.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Since this has become a roundtable discussion of whatever,

Anyone else here, beside Exni, seen Herring_Imes?

IMO, the Crazy Horse we expected to see the first time, not world class in relation to a tough but lesser skilled opponent but he dominated Brad on his feet and on the ground, no stamina issues, Imes left the fight looking like a bruised pear.

Herring was disappointed that he could'nt finish it, credit Imes for being tough, a Compubox on that fight would have had Herring at a point rate 4X that of Imes.

A night and day difference between this one and the O'brian debacle.

Edited.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't see Hermes beating Sherk, either. I really can't imagine anyone beating Sherk right now. The division is stacked, but with his standup and lack of height, it'll be hard for anyone to punch downward at a 45 degree angle w/o getting taken down, and it'll be even harder to not get dryhumped to a decision once it goes to the mat.

Joking aside, I think Sherk will hold the title for a long time, but anything is possible.

It will be great to see Vera get a true test. He is definitely good; this will show if he's great. I still want to see Vera vs. Sylvia.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
You're thinking of Jake O'Brian not Lambert.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Since this has become a roundtable discussion of whatever,

Anyone else here, beside Exni, seen Herring_Imes?

IMO, the Crazy Horse we expected to see the first time, not world class in relation to a tough but lesser skilled opponent but he dominated Brad on his feet and on the ground, no stamina issues, Imes left the fight looking like a bruised pear.

Herring was disappointed that he could'nt finish it, credit Imes for being tough, a Compubox on that fight would have had Herring at a point rate 4X that of Imes.

A night and day difference between this one and the O'brian debacle.

Edited.
I have not seen the Imes/Herring yet. I'll have to check it out. Oh, and it was O'brien not Lambert senor scenility.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Herring looked better, he still not his best game, and still not really that impressive though. Without the knees on the ground Heath doesn't really have the weapons to finish a fight... He's a mediocre striker and he has very little in the way of submission skills.

I thought it was funny when the ref stood him up after his little knee snafu and he was all pissed off.