Nick Diaz’s Win Over Takanori Gomi Ruled a No-Contest

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That's kind of messed up to take away his victory, but seems a little ridiculous to fight a high as well. Pot was never really my thing so I'll leave it to others to decide if there legitimately is any numbing of pain effect.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I seriously doubt he was fighting while high. There's absolutely no evidence of that. The commission is just being a collective ****. This is a total bull**** decision.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
How dare they nullify that warrior's effort. Weed doesn't do **** besides de-motivate you. He should've been given a bonus IMO, kidding. He knows the rules and is a dumbass, but theres no way the sticky icky helped him in any way.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Apparently the levels they found indicate he may have been fighting while "high". I know a number of fighters who smoke the day of a fight especially sport jiujitsu combatants. They say it helps keep your nerves in check and keeps you from dumping all your adrenaline in the first minute of the fight/match. In fact a lot of athletes are purported to smoke before a comp to calm any jitters and alledgedly improve focus.

Changing the fight to a NC though is BS. What about those who piss hot for steroids, that certainly is a performance enhancer yet the fights aren't declared NC. So looks like Daiz won't be competeing in the LW tourny thank to the suspension.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Changing the fight to a NC though is BS. What about those who piss hot for steroids, that certainly is a performance enhancer yet the fights aren't declared NC. So looks like Daiz won't be competeing in the LW tourny thank to the suspension.
Excellent point. The NC is ridiculous considering others have been allowed to keep their victories for more potent performance enhancers. Maybe they plan to change all victories with positive tests to NCs these days. Diaz is the only one who actually won (that I can recall) lately. Belfort, Natsula, Randleman, Bonnar, Cope all lost.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent point. The NC is ridiculous considering others have been allowed to keep their victories for more potent performance enhancers. Maybe they plan to change all victories with positive tests to NCs these days. Diaz is the only one who actually won (that I can recall) lately. Belfort, Natsula, Randleman, Bonnar, Cope all lost.
Barnett's win over Couture wasn't overturned. This is BS; Diaz won a fight over the #1 LW, give him the credit he deserves.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That boggles my mind. As his been stated, the evidence of an athlete using proven performance enhancing drugs has not resulted in a NC, yet a performance decreasing substance does? ****ing ridiculous.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The commission is retarded. I am a former pothead, and the only thing it does is make you indifferent. In my experience, any numbing effect would be greatly overshadowed by the lethargy that it would likely cause.

I saw that he tested at 175, with 50 being the limit of definite usage (beyond 2nd hand). However, the worst quality of weed is that it takes a very long time to clear out of the system. It is stored in your bodyfat, so athletes would clear faster. If Diaz is a chronic smoker (pun intended :D ), he would have extremely high levels, even if he hadn't smoked in a week. People always say, "Yeah, weed stays in your system for 30 days." This is like saying, "alcohol stays in your system for 3 hours." The length of time the substance is in your system depends on the amount and frequency of consumption. If you drink one beer, it is metabolized in approx. 1 hour. If you drink 37 (I have a friend who actually does this), it's gonna be sticking around a wee bit longer. So if Diaz smokes 2-3 times every day for six months, he'd probably test above the cutoff for 6 months. If he smoked once, he'd be clear within a week.

My wife had to take a drug test 10 days after I stupidly got her high (apparently not a good idea when you're job hunting). She is athletic, and hadn't smoked for a while before that one instance, so she passed.

All that being said, a high level could also be indicative of being high during the fight. I just can't imagine an athlete at that level would fight high. The potential for paranoia would be too much for me, and THC decreases maximal workload capability.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Prince IronMag Labs 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 5
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 2