2 Marcus Davis Pete Spratt Submission (Ankle lock) 2 2:57
3 Thales Leites Pete Sell Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00
4 Heath Herring Brad Imes Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00
5 Kendall Grove Alan Belcher Submission (D'Arce Choke) 4:42
6 Yushin Okami Mike Swick Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00
7 Roger Huerta Leonard Garcia Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00
8 Josh Koscheck Diego Sanchez Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:0
9 Matt Serra Georges St. Pierre TKO (Strikes) 1 3:25'

Serra OMFG!!! America OWNS!!! Im so sick of internet GSP nuthuggers. Koscheck is the biggest douche bag on the planet, and proved he can be a stand up blanket fighter, and a ground blanket fighter. That was the worst fight of the night. Swick was overpowered by Okami. Okami looked impressive. Kendall Grove also looked great. Huerata is young, and will be a UFC 155 champ some day. The only other fight (havent seen all the pre-lims yet) I can comment on is another proof that Josh Haynes may have a sad story to tell with his sick son, but he's a C level fighter at best. GO SERRA!!! GSP OWNED!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know why the Koscheck hate. I can understand the arguments that he's not the most exciting fighter, but dude is a tremendous athlete and he gets the job done. And he brought the ridiculous Sanchez love to a halt, so bravo Kos.

He could be damn near unstoppable if became more aggressive.

On the other hand, I can't understand why so many people like Sanchez. He's ok, but not championship material.

Okami looked good, if a little underconditioned.

And wow, Serra. What can you say? Upset of the century, no doubt. Everyone thought GSP would dominate for a long time (including me), and now this. It could have just been a bad night for him, though. We'll see in subsequent title defenses if Serra's victory was legit.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its not so much I like Diego, but Koscheck and everything about him just speaks giant ****ING douche. I Hate him more than any person I have ever seen on TV, even Rosie Odonnel... Well that may be pushing it. Anyways Koscheck is going to get killed by either Hughes or GSP. Diego was just stupid in his game plan. He easily took Koschecks back, and should have shot on him once he realized he wasnt winning the stand up. Diego is not a stand up fighter and was too pussy to put it on the ground. Its too bad, cause I think Diego would have pulled off a submission. But on the other hand, Koscheck cuts like mad. Diego maybe cuts a few pounds. Diego in 155 and Kosckeck in 185 would be more natural to their frames. Diego would tear up 155 and Koscheck would get killed by the Spider Webs (Kendall or Sillva). Thats where each fighters natural weight would be if they didnt cut. Thats what I love about the HW division. They dont cut, then gain tons of weight afterwards. I would wager Koscheck had 15-20 pounds on Diego this fight. And he didnt even take him down once, and landed a few good punches if that. It was really pathetic overall. Once again. There is nothing to like about Koscheck.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not so much I like Diego, but Koscheck and everything about him just speaks giant ****ING douche. I Hate him more than any person I have ever seen on TV, even Rosie Odonnel... Well that may be pushing it. Anyways Koscheck is going to get killed by either Hughes or GSP. Diego was just stupid in his game plan. He easily took Koschecks back, and should have shot on him once he realized he wasnt winning the stand up. Diego is not a stand up fighter and was too pussy to put it on the ground. Its too bad, cause I think Diego would have pulled off a submission. But on the other hand, Koscheck cuts like mad. Diego maybe cuts a few pounds. Diego in 155 and Kosckeck in 185 would be more natural to their frames. Diego would tear up 155 and Koscheck would get killed by the Spider Webs (Kendall or Sillva). Thats where each fighters natural weight would be if they didnt cut. Thats what I love about the HW division. They dont cut, then gain tons of weight afterwards. I would wager Koscheck had 15-20 pounds on Diego this fight. And he didnt even take him down once, and landed a few good punches if that. It was really pathetic overall. Once again. There is nothing to like about Koscheck.
What does it matter if a fighter CHOOSES to cut 10-20 lbs for a fight? Franklin does it and he didn't fare too well against Silva; physique does not matter in MMA. If it did, then Phil Baroni would be champion.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Norris, Kos actually did take Diego down once, although it was completely inconsequential. Rosie O'donnell, that's just too much. I don't like Kos' personality either, but he is a threat at 170 no doubt. I don't see Hughes beating Kos, but I do think GSP would despite tonight's loss. As far as frames, I don't think they're that different, Kos just lifts more weights.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Norris, Kos actually did take Diego down once, although it was completely inconsequential. Rosie O'donnell, that's just too much. I don't like Kos' personality either, but he is a threat at 170 no doubt. I don't see Hughes beating Kos, but I do think GSP would despite tonight's loss. As far as frames, I don't think they're that different, Kos just lifts more weights.
HAHAH Kos doesnt touch weights. He publically said he doesnt believe in weight training.

Anyways, Kos is a douche bag. I cant help but irrationally hate on him, but my single rational argument is every fight i've ever seen from his has been more boring than going to my grandparents house which I have to tomorrow for Easter. Trust me, if you knew what I was talking about you would understand. Kos is the most boring fighter in the UFC by far. Thats why im glad Pride/UFC united. Its too bad Rashad Evans did so many roids(notice the gyno). I would love to see him head kick KO Koscheck like he did Salmon.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's amazing that Kos doesn't lift weights and is that well muscled. He must do some form of resistance training. Either way I don't think there frames are that far off. I can't stand Kos' personality, but I don't think he is that boring, and he will be tough to beat, like it or not. As far as Rashad juicing, that's a bold statement, many get gyno during puberty. You shouldn't slight him unless you are pretty damn sure.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HAHAH Kos doesnt touch weights. He publically said he doesnt believe in weight training.

Anyways, Kos is a douche bag. I cant help but irrationally hate on him, but my single rational argument is every fight i've ever seen from his has been more boring than going to my grandparents house which I have to tomorrow for Easter. Trust me, if you knew what I was talking about you would understand. Kos is the most boring fighter in the UFC by far. Thats why im glad Pride/UFC united. Its too bad Rashad Evans did so many roids(notice the gyno). I would love to see him head kick KO Koscheck like he did Salmon.
Rashad is one of the better athletes in MMA. To say that he is using steroids is a ridiculous accusation. It is not like he wrestled at 120 lbs in college. He wrestled at 174, so 205 is not that far of a stretch for most collegiate wrestlers. Hughes wrestled in the 143 lb area and he walks around at 190.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Rashad is one of the better athletes in MMA. To say that he is using steroids is a ridiculous accusation. It is not like he wrestled at 120 lbs in college. He wrestled at 174, so 205 is not that far of a stretch for most collegiate wrestlers. Hughes wrestled in the 143 lb area and he walks around at 190.
Koscheck is very boring. His style has been called the blanket for a reason. Tonight he proved he can be a standing blanket too. That was Diego's fault since he didnt shoot or do anything to try and push the pace, the style that made him 19-0.

Evans has terrible gyno. He's 10x more fun to watch than Koscheck, but I suspect a lot of MMA'ers roid, esp Pride guys that dont get tested. There are lots of roids that add power and not weight. Well we are talking in the #1 roider forum on the internet, I dont need to elaborate. Rashad has gyno. Id bet everything I own its because of roids from an early experience.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's fine to suspect that he juices, but not fine to accuse and act like you are so sure of it, thats just obnoxious. Like I said, a good percentage of men get pubertal gyno. Unless you have some info we don't know about, then don't assume he juices. Oh, and we are all well aware that Kos is not the most exciting fighter in the world, we don't need to hear it 5 times.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I like GSP, but I'm glad Sera won. Sera put a lot of effort in helping the other guys on the show and its nice to see him get rewarded for that. I havent seen the Kos v Sanchez fight yet and honestly I dont know enough about Kos to comment on the above statements, but all I know is that I cant stand Sanchez and am glad he lost.

I havent seen the Grove fight yet either (been chasing easter eggs all morning with my kids). How did he look??

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
WOW I stand corrected guys. I was really talking up Diego beating Kos but here was my take:

Grove: Looks better and better every time I see him fight. I was wondering how he would progress as a fighter, whether he would steadily get better or whether it would take him a while but I really am liking him and I think he looks great. Few more fights to get some more experience and different looks and WATCH OUT!

Okami: I haven't seen very many of his fights but definitely dominated this fight. He was extremely strong, much stronger than I expected a Japanese fighter to be.

Sanchez/Kos: Unbe-freakin-lievable, this was the most ridiculous fight I have ever seen in my life. Honestly both fighters went in with the gameplay, get a few strikes, score some points, win the match. They were both SO reserved, I couldn't believe Diego was just standing there the whole time. Honestly, I think Diego is good enough at reversals etc. he should have taken it to the ground and maybe looked for some sort of submission. Look at his fight with Karo. Karo is extremely good on the ground but Diego reversed him every chance he had. It really kills me to see a fight like that because although Diego didn't deserve to win, I don't feel Kos did either. There should be a damn rule that if you don't do **** its a damn tie lol. I fast forwarded the fight I was so bored and even while it was fast forwarding all I saw was them circling each other. What a damn disappointment.

GSP/Serra: WHO THE HELL SAW THIS COMING. If you say you saw this coming you are lying lol. I am not sure what GSP's plan was but I must say I have never seen Serra so calm in my life. He was just waiting for the right opportunity to explode. I think GSP is one of the best fighters at that weight and think he is still the better fighter, but my hats off to Serra because he prepared for the fight well and trained to beat GSP. He didn't just train to fight, he trained to that style of fighter.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Kendall Grove is the man He is progressing so fast, and super exciting to watch. I think he could of had the KO if he wanted it. His attack was relentless. Hes starting to use all of his tools and his conditioning was off the chain. He is gonna be a force. I'm becoming a fan.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First thing's first. CNorris, the Nascar Forum has not been established yet, but I think the discussion contained therein may be more on your 'level'. You are actually an unfortunate example of the expansion of MMA through UFC;the Nascar effect (those who don't see the skill of the drivers, just those that come to see a crash).

Anyway, Grove looked very impressive. He really showed his game is diversifying. Good call on Beo's part who actually predicted the sub.

Okami was simply too strong for Swick, and exposed his slightly one-sided game. I'm just not sure if Swick is strong enough to be in that division.

Huerta/Garcia fight was amazing. Best fight on the card for sure. I'd like to see Huerta up against a striker with some power, he seemed to absorb all that Garcia was throwing at him. I am just not sure if that was because Garcia had no power to start, or if he was tired.

Kos/Sanchez, to CNorris who is almost crying over the lack of excitement, literally wtf did you expect? I imagine Kos was not going to go for any shoots he felt he didn't have a real good chance at after the Riggs incident. Fact is, he's better than Sanchez, and one how he had to.

GSP/Serra. If that fight happens ten times, I would pick GSP to win each of those ten times. Congratulations to Serra, but as Rogue said, it was his night, he's not better than GSP. Although I'm pretty messed up about it (being Canadian) I imagine GSP will fight Kos, Serra will fight Hughes, with the winners meeting.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I imagine GSP will fight Kos, Serra will fight Hughes, with the winners meeting.
I kinda hope that is how it will go. That is a good matchup style for style. Kos vs. GSP will be nice but I still give the advantage to GSP. Serra vs. Hughes will be AWESOME because we will see if Hughes can take Serra down. I mean he is a really strong, heavy dude. Plus look at the heavy shots GSP threw on Hughes and knocked him down, I can't imagine him getting caught by Serra.

Kos doesn't deserve a shot at the title until he can prove that he can finish. Again another fight where he couldn't finish, I HATE THIS STUPID crap of them punching to score points then just riding the wave until the end.

Man I can't wait to see Grove fight again, I have to admit I am also becoming a fan.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First thing's first. CNorris, the Nascar Forum has not been established yet, but I think the discussion contained therein may be more on your 'level'. You are actually an unfortunate example of the expansion of MMA through UFC;the Nascar effect (those who don't see the skill of the drivers, just those that come to see a crash).

Anyway, Grove looked very impressive. He really showed his game is diversifying. Good call on Beo's part who actually predicted the sub.

Okami was simply too strong for Swick, and exposed his slightly one-sided game. I'm just not sure if Swick is strong enough to be in that division.

Huerta/Garcia fight was amazing. Best fight on the card for sure. I'd like to see Huerta up against a striker with some power, he seemed to absorb all that Garcia was throwing at him. I am just not sure if that was because Garcia had no power to start, or if he was tired.

Kos/Sanchez, to CNorris who is almost crying over the lack of excitement, literally wtf did you expect? I imagine Kos was not going to go for any shoots he felt he didn't have a real good chance at after the Riggs incident. Fact is, he's better than Sanchez, and one how he had to.

GSP/Serra. If that fight happens ten times, I would pick GSP to win each of those ten times. Congratulations to Serra, but as Rogue said, it was his night, he's not better than GSP. Although I'm pretty messed up about it (being Canadian) I imagine GSP will fight Kos, Serra will fight Hughes, with the winners meeting.
Hey Mullet. GO **** YOURSELF :FUfinger: Koscheck fight was boring, and douches like him are going to ruin MMA and turn it into a sport as boring as NASCAR. I have no respect for any fighter that wins how they have to. Go all out and fight, thats what the fans pay money to see. Diego as Koscheck were both losers. And MMA wanna be elitist faggots like you can **** OFF! I'm sick of your wanna be know it all ****.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank-you, once again, for gracing us with your tact and class.

EDIT: Fighters fight to win, plain and simple. Just like Nascar drivers go out to win and not to crash, basketball players play to win and not to dunk, and hockey players to win the Stanley Cup, not to score goals and so on.

These fighters are there, at the pinnacle of their sport, to win in any manner they have to. While it comes out as boring sometimes, which I readily admit is a disappoint, I try to voice my dissatisfaction without things such as:

OMFG ST@!GHT MFKINGPOWN@GE!!!! OMFG!! AMERICAN OWNZ I WNNA SEE SERRA NOODZZ I <3 SERRA OMG!!

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Hey Mullet. GO **** YOURSELF :FUfinger: Koscheck fight was boring, and douches like him are going to ruin MMA and turn it into a sport as boring as NASCAR. I have no respect for any fighter that wins how they have to. Go all out and fight, thats what the fans pay money to see. Diego as Koscheck were both losers. And MMA wanna be elitist faggots like you can **** OFF! I'm sick of your wanna be know it all ****.
What class, sounds like your bitter b/c nascar is trying to take the redneck out of it. Sucks for us b/c they are migrating to MMA you are a perfect example. There are not many negative people here so lets try to keep it that way. BTW I can go see a race at Martinsville and not get hit in the back of the head with a chicken bones now. Happy Easter

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you one of those dudes that, had you been at the fight, would have booed your head off??

Be honest.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
CNorris, step away from the computer, put on your wifebeater and Skoal cap, and hang out with your family as I'll assume they actually like you. Your "#1 roider forum on the internet" comment comes off as negative to the board whether intended or not and your "America fvck yeah" posts come off silly at best.

Edit: I'll admit to giving people sh!t on the board, but these are people who have been around a long time and some that I talk to via PM. It's all in good fun and in a "just kidding" way, but your posts come off as negative, just to be negative.

Also, you glorify Rashad but 2 fights ago he was considered one of the most boring guys out there. If he can fill out his game, Kos can continue to improve and expand his game and hopefully take more chances as well (albeit maybe at a slower rate).

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well hold on a sec, fellas. Let's do this M & M style and pick apart rationally.

Are you one of those dudes that, had you been at the fight, would have booed your head off??

Be honest.
Norris, let me expand on this a little bit.

How can you say that "douches like him (Koscheck)" are going to ruin MMA?

The style that Koscheck employs may not be exciting to you, but how does it ruin MMA? It's a tactic developed within the confines of the rules of MMA. Therefore, it is inherently part of the game. It no more ruins the sport of MMA than knuckle balls ruin the sport of baseball because they're slow pitches.

I contend that what will ruin MMA is the typical "American attitude" that you're displaying. You have to learn to appreciate the sport in all of its intricacy, not just the slug-fests and knock-outs.

MMA is a chess match as much as it is a brawl. Perhaps moreso. I think you should learn to appreciate that.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You're a firey fella. I see your point, but you're gonna have to realize at some point that not everyone is gonna be as exciting as Kid, Fedor, Wandy, etc. It doesn't mean they suck or are going to 'ruin' the sport, they just lack the entertainment value. I mean do you think Tim Duncan is ruining basketball? He's not exciting, but he knows how to win. I wouldn't go around dogging him though. BTW you should have a bigger disdain for Diego than Kos as far as this fight is concerned.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thank-you, once again, for gracing us with your tact and class.

EDIT: Fighters fight to win, plain and simple. Just like Nascar drivers go out to win and not to crash, basketball players play to win and not to dunk, and hockey players to win the Stanley Cup, not to score goals and so on.

These fighters are there, at the pinnacle of their sport, to win in any manner they have to. While it comes out as boring sometimes, which I readily admit is a disappoint, I try to voice my dissatisfaction without things such as:

OMFG ST@!GHT MFKINGPOWN@GE!!!! OMFG!! AMERICAN OWNZ I WNNA SEE SERRA NOODZZ I <3 SERRA OMG!!
:clap2:

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately another UFC PPV where the main events just didn't deliver.

Sanchez vs Kos: I think these guys put so much on the line emotionally that they just did not want to take any chances. Both are good fighters but they just did not perform, particularly Diego. Usually he puts on the pressure. He should have closed even if he got taken down. As prev mentioned his reversals are good; he had Kos' back pretty quick the only time Diego went down. Too bad the round ended shortly thereafter.

GSP vs Serra: What's there to say? I think GSP got caught in the pocket with his hands down. Such is the unpredictability of MMA.

Honorable mention: Kudos to Matt Hughes for showing that he is an even bigger a$$wipe by laughing at GSP's loss. What a stand up guy.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I agree with both of you. I agree that fighters win to win. Heck if I was in the ring with someone who was undefeated and who has fought the people Diego has, I would do the same thing, score points and take what he gave me.

However, I do think that it was incredibly boring and do feel that they are giving Kos too much credit. When he does something spectacular then I will tip my hat to him and say he deserves a title shot. He doesn't deserve anything until he proves himself!!

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Cnorris,

If you're going to sling stupid nationalistic non strategic appreciative s**t, do it at Sherdog.

You're welcome to be here, but not playing at this level.

Continue this way, and we will collectively pound you to pulp everytime you show up.

Fair warning, maybe you like to fight, if so, you will get it.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
There's also a big difference between A. being boring cause of a lack of talent and B. being boring because of a certain style or matchup. I've been watching the IFL a bunch lately and some of those guys just dont have the talent to take a submission or strike when they're suppose to. As a result, the fight gets boring.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What class, sounds like your bitter b/c nascar is trying to take the redneck out of it. Sucks for us b/c they are migrating to MMA you are a perfect example. There are not many negative people here so lets try to keep it that way. BTW I can go see a race at Martinsville and not get hit in the back of the head with a chicken bones now. Happy Easter
The Negative person here is Mullet. He started this ****. And I will say again, he can **** himself. I think Koscheck is a douche, a boring fighter. Its my opinion, and I did not start with the insults. He did. So anyone that is against me can **** THEMSELF. I did not post to troll. Mullet is the ****ing troll. I guess he must have a deep homo love for Koscheck to get so worked up over me calling Kos a boring douche of an MMA fighter. Mullet, Koscheck might need a new jock strap, and maybe you can volunteer to be his to get closer to his nuts during his next worthless boring fight.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Negative person here is Mullet. He started this ****. And I will say again, he can **** himself. I think Koscheck is a douche, a boring fighter. Its my opinion, and I did not start with the insults. He did. So anyone that is against me can **** THEMSELF. I did not post to troll. Mullet is the ****ing troll. I guess he must have a deep homo love for Koscheck to get so worked up over me calling Kos a boring douche of an MMA fighter. Mullet, Koscheck might need a new jock strap, and maybe you can volunteer to be his to get closer to his nuts during his next worthless boring fight.
Once again, thank you for gracing us with your unbelievably tactful diatribe. I was being negative, because you are ridiculous. Once again displayed here.

So, let's run through your tracklist thus far in just this thread. Nationalistic BS, and homophobic utterings, care to start spouting off anti-semetic remarks? Don't tell me you think Jews made that fight boring.

I'm done with you, because you're worthless, literally. I think if I respond to you again, it only validates your redneck attitude.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am really getting sick of how grapplers are now considered boring. It is MMA, not kickboxing. I generally don't agree with the commentary of Joe Rogan, but when Sylvia fought Couture, he talked about how grapplers need to be shown more respect by not only the fans, but also the refs. Anyone who has either watch a BJJ match or been in one knows that it is very rare to move to a submission from full guard in less than 5 minutes.

Quit being such a whiny fan about every detail. There is more MMA now than ever, yet people, such as you, continue to find something to ***** about. I may prefer to see a fight end in a certain manner, but I do not complain when it does not end in that particular fashion.

Take this crap to Sherdog and leave it there.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Eat S**t and Die, Norris.

Mullet is an positively accredited member of this group, and you are nothing but an ignorant lowbrow ****stain soiling this intelligent and civil community.

Just ****ing leave.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

GO AMERICA, CHEVROLET AND APPLE PIE!!

All your NASCAR bigotry remarks are as bad as calling you a homo nuthugger. Oh but its ok to pretend you are some intellectual elitist MMA expert and call someone you dont know a redneck, but not for me to call you queer. Typical bigotry idiots like you always try to pull.

All I see is Hughes bashing non stop, mainly cause he is an American country boy. Hippy douche bags like you cant stand anyone with any patriotic attitude, unless they are from another country of course. Ripping on him cheering GSP losing is OK, but no one uttered a word about Koscheck doing his retarded fist pump and stupid douche smile when Silva KO'd Leben. That was as classless as it gets. But Koscheck is black and not from Iowa so Its OK.

Canadians pull more nationalistic BS on most forums than any American. But I guess its OK to hate America. But how dare I cheer for those from my own country! That must make me a redneck. Fact is I hate nuthuggers and boring douche bags. Which is why I cheer against GSP and Koscheck.

And I do respect wrestling, but I have no respect for fighters that fight to eek out a decision, and not put anything on the line. Tim Silvia and Arlovski even was worse than Koscheck and Diego. Mid level tickets are $250 to go watch an event like that, and not putting on a show as a professional fighter is not acceptable. Sports are entertainment so athletes need to do what they are paid to do, entertain. Is that such an irrational thought I need biggotry from Mullet?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, maybe there is still hope for you here, Norris.

You make some good points here, but please, chill with the assumptions that this group runs on broad bias particularly ones based on nationality and ethnicity,we assess fighters on individual skill and personality and keep it civil, we agree to disagree without getting personal and lowdown about it.

Slow down and appreciate what good MMA now is, as Savage said, an athletic chessmatch.

The gay stuff, that's their business, if they are, and noboby should be slinging those Junior High insults around.

I definetly agree with you about entertainment value for the big $ spent, good point, and I personally like and admire Matt Hughes.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, maybe there is still hope for you here, Norris.

You make some good points here, but please, chill with the assumptions that this group runs on broad bias particularly ones based on nationality and ethnicity,we assess fighters on individual skill and personality and keep it civil, we agree to disagree without getting personal and lowdown about it.

Slow down and appreciate what good MMA now is, as Savage said, an athletic chessmatch.

The gay stuff, that's their business, if they are, and noboby should be slinging those Junior High insults around.

I definetly agree with you about entertainment value for the big $ spent, good point, and I personally like and admire Matt Hughes.
You like Matt Hughes? Why? I admire his drive, but he seems conceited. BTW, I loved when the dwarves were cheering when GSP lost. They were just cheering for there fellow dwarf, Serra. Sherk looked to be as tall as Hughes, must have had some cheaters on.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Admittedly, Matt Hughes has been a D**k lately, he's had a chip on his shoulder since before the GSP fight.

But, I played with a lot of guys that had his down to earth hardworking sensibility, call it a personal bias, I like corn fed country boys, no, not like that, get your mind out of your trousers, The NFL is full of guys like him, solid men to have in a battle.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I love his hard working corn fed country boy approach to fighting/life. He just seems like a prick sometimes. Out of curiousity, who do you think would win between Hughes/Kos? I honestly think Kos would win, and I would've said that before last night, not like that fight was impressive anyways.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I'll withhold a real prediction until I can gauge their preperations and psyches, I'm gonna say Hughes at this time.

JK with the better standup, much better, MH knowing this, two great wrestlers, JK is faster on his feet but MH is the better closer, he has better GNP and subs, he'll try to tie up JK as soon and as much as possible.

That's my off the cuff ass head ment, don't hold me to it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who do you think would be more adept in working out of whose guard Rogue? If that made sense.

As in, if we assume that Kos is stronger (I think he is) and would end up in half/full guard of Hughes, do you think that would even be that advantageous to Kos?

On the ground, I think Hughes could dominate posture and stay active whether in guard, or having Kos in his guard.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Did I mention I can't stand Kos' personality? With that said, I think he is slightly better at everything than Hughes, except finishing. I guess either Kos' would probably ride it out to a decision, or if Hughes gets on top of a semi-tired Kos he would finish with strikes.

Mullett, is that your girl in your av........f********ck you!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

But Koscheck is black and not from Iowa so Its OK.
Unless I'm mistaken, Kos has blue eyes. Why do people say he's black?

You like Matt Hughes? Why? I admire his drive, but he seems conceited. BTW, I loved when the dwarves were cheering when GSP lost. They were just cheering for there fellow dwarf, Serra. Sherk looked to be as tall as Hughes, must have had some cheaters on.
How do you know they were cheering because GSP lost? Might they just be cheering because it was an entertaining fight?

BTW, Sherk is about as tall as Hughes. There's only 2-3 inches of difference.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that Kos is stronger, I think Hughes is the more powerful in tight, Kos is more explosive.

To use a football example, Kos can hit a sled better and tackle in the open field better ,a OLB, Hughes is more the ILB, a gap run tackler that's harder to move through. Does that make sense?

Hughes is a master of side control that can pound and sub very well from there, Kos is going to be very hard to get off the top because he is both strong and quicker than hughes but his intight closing is not as good as Hughes is.

Both strong as hell, but won't gas, well matched, Kos strategy should be to use his superior foot speed and striking to stay out of Hughes superior close game.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
If we are going to play the race card, I think Kos is a high yellow, and I don't mean his dye job.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did I mention I can't stand Kos' personality? With that said, I think he is slightly better at everything than Hughes, except finishing. I guess either Kos' would probably ride it out to a decision, or if Hughes gets on top of a semi-tired Kos he would finish with strikes.

Mullett, is that your girl in your av........f********ck you!
Sure is, or was I should say. We recently broke up after two-years (extremely, extremely clingy). You should see the girl I have on layaway. Anyway, I digress:

RD, your football analysis makes better sense. Shooting from a far Kos is going to explode through a guy, but in the 'gap' of MMA (the clinch, I would assume) Hughes' core strength would negate that 'open field' explosiveness.

It's a hard one to call. I think Kos trumps Hughes, though, in a fight.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Unless I'm mistaken, Kos has blue eyes. Why do people say he's black?

How do you know they were cheering because GSP lost? Might they just be cheering because it was an entertaining fight?

BTW, Sherk is about as tall as Hughes. There's only 2-3 inches of difference.
Like I said, they were merely cheering for there fellow dwarf, Serra. I was attempting to make a joke. I don't think they were cheering because GSP lost. I believe Hughes was just happy because he would rather fight Serra, for various reasons. He doesn't like Serra and Serra is an easier opponent. Hughes' reaction wasn't one of 'wow, what a great fight', it was more 'thank you for winning, now I'm gonna kick your ass'. 3 inches is a pretty decent difference, especially when your under 6'.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 inches is a pretty decent difference, especially when your under 6'.
I'm not sure if this should be a setup to a new joke, or just let it ride as a self-explanatory punchline?

:head:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and I'm not sure why every half white half black person is considered black. If someone could explain that would be great. Personally I consider Tiger Woods to be asian. I'm kidding, but it seems most people are under the impression that he is 100% black.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
That's because you white Mother****ers are genetically inferior, if it was'nt for stealing gunpowder from the China Bros, we would be the Man, locking up you pasty faced small dicked Crackers.

That was pretty bad, I think I'll delete that shortly before the humorless one, guess who?, sees it. :icon_lol:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's because you white Mother****ers are genetically inferior, if it was'nt for stealing gunpowder from the China Bros, we would be the Man, locking up you pasty faced small dicked Crackers.

That was pretty bad, I think I'll delete that shortly before the humorless one, guess who?, sees it. :icon_lol:
Are you talking about me?

:duel:

I 'humoured' those PMs of yours which contained "n00dz", and then proceeded to laugh when parts unknown were revealed. That's humour!!

Baha

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dynomite MMA 21
flobot MMA 24
Alexander MMA 49
AuggieC MMA 77
MMA 6