Steroids in Mixed Martial Arts

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    ya EPO will work if: you can find it.. if you dont need to cut more than 10lbs in water unless you want to have a stroke .. and if you dont get cut in the fight and bleed to death!!!!

EPO+MMA = bad idea
    EPO thickens blood but I'n not sure it's effect on coagulation. I doubt it would cause you to bleed like a stuck pig however. Alledgedly the USOC and IOC can test for epo though I'm not sure if atheltic commision testing is as stringent.

I'd like to see Oxycyte brought to the grey/black market as it should be safer than EPO yet just as effective.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    EPO thickens blood but I'n not sure it's effect on coagulation. I doubt it would cause you to bleed like a stuck pig however. Alledgedly the USOC and IOC can test for epo though I'm not sure if atheltic commision testing is as stringent.

I'd like to see Oxycyte brought to the grey/black market as it should be safer than EPO yet just as effective.
    The problem with Oxycyte is that it binds oxygen TOO well. The nice thing about hemoglobin is that it has sigmoid binding kinetics, which means that it'll pick up oxygen in the lungs and release it in the blood. Oxycite binds oxygen very effectively everywhere and it IS useful for oxygen transport but I don't know that it would be the best athletic supplement. Time will tell.

EPO is out of your system in 4-5 days. The way they determine if you've been using it beyond that time frame is if your hematocrit levels are above either .48 or .52, can't remember which. Hematocrit levels below .48 but still above .4 are insanely effective for performance enhancement though...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post

i forget where and what it was, but i remember reading something saying that EPO will make you bleed like a stuck pig. I could be wrong it was a while back. However... trying to cut water weight is dangerouse while on EPO. That i know for sure... you have to really know what your doing. Keep in mind there is always a price to pay, if its too good to be true it probably is!

4. Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    i forget where and what it was, but i remember reading something saying that EPO will make you bleed like a stuck pig. I could be wrong it was a while back. However... trying to cut water weight is dangerouse while on EPO. That i know for sure... you have to really know what your doing. Keep in mind there is always a price to pay, if its too good to be true it probably is!
    Yeah, if I was going to cut more than a couple of pounds of water, I'd just blood dope, rather than use EPO. Same effect, just more trouble to achieve.

5. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    Yeah, if I was going to cut more than a couple of pounds of water, I'd just blood dope, rather than use EPO. Same effect, just more trouble to achieve.
    exactly! i have read that some users of epo experienced faster healing... some cyclists report that after 150 mile race they dont feel tired the next day and they can do it again.. little is known about epo, thats for sure.

but still... nothing can replace hard core training!

I always say "easy come.. easy go" its tried n' true!!!!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    exactly! i have read that some users of epo experienced faster healing... some cyclists report that after 150 mile race they dont feel tired the next day and they can do it again.. little is known about epo, thats for sure.

but still... nothing can replace hard core training!

I always say "easy come.. easy go" its tried n' true!!!!
    EPO is fairly well characterized. The reason that people who use it report faster recovery time from endurance exercise is that there are several signal cascades that are initiated as a result of high blood lactate levels and low blood/tissue glucose levels, which upset homeostasis. EPO indirectly causes a decrease in the degree of lactate production which leads to less of a metabolic insult as a result of exercise.

7. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    EPO is fairly well characterized. The reason that people who use it report faster recovery time from endurance exercise is that there are several signal cascades that are initiated as a result of high blood lactate levels and low blood/tissue glucose levels, which upset homeostasis. EPO indirectly causes a decrease in the degree of lactate production which leads to less of a metabolic insult as a result of exercise.
    hmm.. ok
    i need to read up on this stuff again, i still think that there is more than meets the eye about epo. Its fairly new.

8. Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    hmm.. ok
    i need to read up on this stuff again, i still think that there is more than meets the eye about epo. Its fairly new.
    The recombinant form produced by chinese hamster ovaries is fairly new... People have been purifying, crystallizing, and studying the stuff for a while. The recombinant protein is almost exactly the same as the stuff produced by our kidneys.

9. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    The recombinant form produced by chinese hamster ovaries is fairly new... People have been purifying, crystallizing, and studying the stuff for a while. The recombinant protein is almost exactly the same as the stuff produced by our kidneys.
    WOW!! you know you sh1t.. reps to you buddy
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. mixed martial arts?!?
    By dylandufault in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 05:43 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
  4. Replies: 3