Steroids in Mixed Martial Arts

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    exactly! i have read that some users of epo experienced faster healing... some cyclists report that after 150 mile race they dont feel tired the next day and they can do it again.. little is known about epo, thats for sure.

but still... nothing can replace hard core training!

I always say "easy come.. easy go" its tried n' true!!!!
    EPO is fairly well characterized. The reason that people who use it report faster recovery time from endurance exercise is that there are several signal cascades that are initiated as a result of high blood lactate levels and low blood/tissue glucose levels, which upset homeostasis. EPO indirectly causes a decrease in the degree of lactate production which leads to less of a metabolic insult as a result of exercise.

2. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    EPO is fairly well characterized. The reason that people who use it report faster recovery time from endurance exercise is that there are several signal cascades that are initiated as a result of high blood lactate levels and low blood/tissue glucose levels, which upset homeostasis. EPO indirectly causes a decrease in the degree of lactate production which leads to less of a metabolic insult as a result of exercise.
    hmm.. ok
    i need to read up on this stuff again, i still think that there is more than meets the eye about epo. Its fairly new.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    hmm.. ok
    i need to read up on this stuff again, i still think that there is more than meets the eye about epo. Its fairly new.
    The recombinant form produced by chinese hamster ovaries is fairly new... People have been purifying, crystallizing, and studying the stuff for a while. The recombinant protein is almost exactly the same as the stuff produced by our kidneys.

4. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    The recombinant form produced by chinese hamster ovaries is fairly new... People have been purifying, crystallizing, and studying the stuff for a while. The recombinant protein is almost exactly the same as the stuff produced by our kidneys.
    WOW!! you know you sh1t.. reps to you buddy
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. mixed martial arts?!?
    By dylandufault in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 06:43 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 04:40 PM
  4. Replies: 3