Now that the Merger is Official...

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Yes, he did did quite beaten down. Hell, even against Guy Mezger, he was flash KO'ed, but Mezger didn't keep the pressure on and he recovered. Oh, what Shogun would be able to do...
    Not that I think Liddell is the best, but remember that Fedor got flash KO'd against Fujita

2. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    Not that I think Liddell is the best, but remember that Fedor got flash KO'd against Fujita
    That was a somewhat "lucky" shot from Fujita. Mezger was having his way with Chuck in that first 10min round. Doesn't really matter though, if you get dropped, you get dropped.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    Fedor was wobbled, but he never hit the canvas; Chuck was down on the canvas. I see your point, though.

4. Forgot he never went down. I don't know if I've ever seen a dance like Fedor performed in that fight.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Forgot he never went down. I don't know if I've ever seen a dance like Fedor performed in that fight.
    he got knocked out, and recovered, without falling. Just another part of what makes him the best
    •   

6. There was a thread on Sherdog once about what major fighter had never been dropped by strikes. I think Fedor was the only one.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    There was a thread on Sherdog once about what major fighter had never been dropped by strikes. I think Fedor was the only one.
    Hunt
    BJ Penn
    GSP

8. That's right, BJ and I think GSP were there, too. If you count Hunt's K-1 fights, he's been knocked down by at least CC and JLB. But in MMA no one.

9. who cares who's never been dropped. Anyone can get hit while they're off balance. What matters is who's never been rocked...

Hunt has been knocked down but I've never seen him rocked. Fedor has never been knocked down but he's been rocked. *shrug*

10. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    who cares who's never been dropped. Anyone can get hit while they're off balance. What matters is who's never been rocked...

Hunt has been knocked down but I've never seen him rocked. Fedor has never been knocked down but he's been rocked. *shrug*
    I care ex, I care. Alright, I see your point. Hunt was rocked to all hell against JLB in their 2nd or 3rd fight. He was saved by the bell and threw in the towel or he would have been KOed most likely (credits Roguendorf for the info).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Today, the LHK is officially retired
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
  3. now that the olympics are over....trione?
    By ntrlmuscle in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 08:39 PM
  4. Now that the Olympics are over....
    By RedwolfWV in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 03:36 PM