Confirmed

Shinya Aoki vs Brian Loanjoe
    Ricardo Arona vs Soukoudjo
    Zelg Galesic vs Takimoto

Rumored

Fujita vs Monson
    Zentsov vs Brian Davis
    Kharitonov vs Yvel

Ricardo is gonna really pound Sokoudjo, but I was wrong last time so who knows. Glad to see Galesic getting a shot in Pride. Fujita/Monson, battle of the tanks should be entertaining. Hopefully Kharitonov gets in shape for this fight, if he loses badly or gets hurt again I may begin to slip from his comfy sack. Looks decent so far, nothing that gets me too excited.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, the brazillian blanket's going to pound his chin into Soukoudjo's fist. Probably not, but Arona frustrates me. He's got a lot of potential: explosiveness, amazing takedown/control on the ground, and brutal legkicks, but his overall standup is lacking and his chin up in the air style kills me. He needs to stop playing it so conservative too.

No really great matchups yet, but we'll see what happens.

Kharitonov should come in motivated with the threat of you vacating his nether-regions as the impetus. He needs to get back on track. Yvel is dangerous, but the gameplan of takedown and sub sould be fairly easy to execute.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Yeah, the brazillian blanket's going to pound his chin into Soukoudjo's fist. Probably not, but Arona frustrates me. He's got a lot of potential: explosiveness, amazing takedown/control on the ground, and brutal legkicks, but his overall standup is lacking and his chin up in the air style kills me. He needs to stop playing it so conservative too.

No really great matchups yet, but we'll see what happens.

Kharitonov should come in motivated with the threat of you vacating his nether-regions as the impetus. He needs to get back on track. Yvel is dangerous, but the gameplan of takedown and sub sould be fairly easy to execute.
    Arona does have a ****load of potential. If you watch the Arona/Emelianenko fight honestly by non-rings scoring he probably should have won that fight. He's so undisciplined and hotheaded though it will never amount to anything. He needs to get away from BTT and go train with some good strikers, too bad Chute Boxe hates his guts
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I would really enjoy seeing Fujita vs Monson. Hopefully, it will happen.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Other rumors are:

Zulu vs Butterbean- they need to chill with the freakshow BS.

Jon Olav Einemo vs Wes Simms- not even competitive, Einemo is good.

Wand and Barnett are supposed to participate so hopefully they will both get good opponents. Oh, Hunt too I think. IMO Wand should really sit this one out, but he might be too hungry to chill.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Talk about a match up of power houses. I like Monson even with all the BS that follows him. He ll have to sub. Fugita he has a head like iron should be a great fight. Maybe Moson can redeem himself for the crappy performance against Tim.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Wand needs about 2 cans in a row to get back on track. Look at his last 10 matches, what a brutal pathway. Unlike Fedor, beating up cans left and right. I guess that's what happens when you've already beat everyone, though.
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I guess you could argue that Wanderlei was going through a Fedor-like streak of fighting the best, he just happened to lose when Fedor didn't.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Wand needs about 2 cans in a row to get back on track. Look at his last 10 matches, what a brutal pathway. Unlike Fedor, beating up cans left and right. I guess that's what happens when you've already beat everyone, though.
    Wandy would have about 13 losses if he fought the same competition Fedor fought:bruce3: If you have anything negative to say about Fedor please keep it to yourself, thanks for coming out Jas 123...........123...........12 3.
  10. Gold Member
    Answers

Alex, do you think Fedor beats himself???? Maybe just when he was a youngin'
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

That's a trick question. If two Fedors were to occupy the same space the space time fabric would collapse. Nice try you sly Bostonian bastard.
  12. Gold Member
    Answers

There is another Fedor in a parallel universe. He looks the same, has the same potential, but he fights like Tank Abbott.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Added/confirmed matchups

Jeff Monson vs. Kazuyuki Fujita
    Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Don Frye
    Wanderlei Silva vs. TBD

The return of Frye, I love it.

So what do you guys think, should we have a SuperContest over both Pride 34 and UFC 69 or do you want separate ones or none at all?
  14. Registered User
    Answers

I like the supercontest idea. Do you want to run this one? Wilford Brimley aka Rogue is probably done with running these for a while. I can do it if you're too busy.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I don't think I can run this one, but I'll run one of the next few for sure. The only argument against the supercontest would be that more people tend to get in on the UFC contests than the Pride ones. Doing both in one might limit the number of people, but I still vote for the Supercontest.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Wilford Brimley, that's low.

What makes you think I don't want to do the next one?, having waxed your ass the last two times, and, by staying in charge, seeing that I remain King of the Hill by hook or by crook, if necessary.

My vote is for a Supercontest, if you don't know Pride or don't like it, shame on you and too bad, but, the above aside, someone else can run it this time. I don't want anyone to accuse me of impropriety when I pull off a hat trick, for bragging rights, since it's unlikely I'll get my due reps.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

super contest has my vote time to stop the trifecta
    Wilford Brimley that is low
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Supercontest it is......unless you want to add in the UFN (kidding, it's seriously a bunch of nobodies). We'll unofficially call the Supercontest "Dethrone the Drone".
  19. Registered User
    Answers

That's clever.

Bring it on, as long as Savage does'nt win, can't let that Midget Chunky Monkey go King Kong and disrupt even more threads with his verbal fecal flingings.

Not on my watch.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

The burns in this thread are 3rd degree, im 0-1 with a last place finish, this time id better research the unknowns as my name picking strategy failed me, lol.
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post

Bring it on, as long as Savage does'nt win, can't let that Midget Chunky Monkey go King Kong and disrupt even more threads with his verbal fecal flingings.
    King Kong ain't got sh*t on me.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

James Thompson vs. Don Frye
    the kiss vs. Edson Drago

Added today. I'm liking the first one, a lot.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Updated card:

Arona vs Soukoudjou
    Fujita vs Monson
    Aoki vs Loan Joe
    Zelg Galesic vs Takimoto
    Don Frye vs James Thompson
    Edson Drago vs Kiss Nakao
    Volk Atajev vs Gil Yvel
    Butterbean vs Zulu

Wandy may fight depending on medical clearance. Frye/Thompson may look a lot like Frye/Takayama, which is a good thing. Volk/Yvel should be exciting. I really like Edson Drago, he is an animal, and he should beat Nakao. A little BTT payback on Soukoudjou, a battle of tanks in Monson/Fujita, and a good bout at WW and LW. Looks pretty good IMO. The last DSE run Pride, not the greatest card ever, but I sure as hell won't be missing it.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

James Thompson vs. Don Frye
    the kiss vs. Edson Drago

Added today. I'm liking the first one, a lot.
    Ah, you beat me to it. Yeah, I'm much happier to see Frye bang with Thompson, then avoid ankle locks from Minowa, nice switch. Like I said, Drago is no joke, fun guy to watch fight.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Frye will likely get pummeled. His last few fights were dissapointing and he couldn't even beat Warpath in KOTC.

Wand was suspended till April 11th by NSAC. Now that the UFC owns Pride it would be wise for them to comply with the NSAC especially if they want Chuck v. Wand in the UFC.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

You're probably right about Frye, ersatz. It's a fun matchup, though, one that the UFC doesn't really put on. UFC's fights seem to be more about building a guy up or deciding who the Title contender is. I guess Tito-Shamrock was somewhat like it, but neither of those guys like to bang as much.
  27. Gold Member
    Answers

Wandy can fight if he gets cleared by a Dr. It is only 3 days before the end of the suspension. Getting cleared doesn't mean they should, but the fight is on Sunday, so if there is no definite matchup, it should be pretty safe to say he'll be fighting a can.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Wandy needs to beat up a few cans and build himself back up to the frenzied psychopath he once was.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. UFC vs Pride
    By KD1 in forum MMA
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 09:10 AM
  2. Pride 34 Results **possible spoiler**
    By MisterEZE in forum MMA
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 01:57 PM
  3. Pride 34 Picks Contest
    By size in forum MMA