I'm fighting mma on the 3/11

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I was trying to do muay thai but my teacher had a tough time finding me an opponent. So I will do mixed instead. I'm fighting at Light heavyweight. The guy I'm fighting is a wrestler and has been doing Jeet kun do for a year. Coach doesn't want me kicking too much, he says I'm still too flat footed. He knows I can kick harder than those jeet kun do guys, but he prefers me not to? He thinks the guy will just try and do a 1 2 combo and then shoot for my legs. He wants me to jab, hook and knee when he does that.
Maybe if I win and I get someone to videotape it. I'll use a friends high speed internet to put it up on youtube.

Today was the 27th I wonder if Rodja had his fight today?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Good luck, and please do post your fight if you can.

size

Awards
  • Established
Many JKD guys use thai and JKD kicks. With JKD practiioners, lead leg often used like a jab and the rear leg like a cross. Remember, JKD really is not a select style but rather an approach to training.
Best of luck in your fight.

SSFgear

SSFgear

Awards
Good luck on your fight. I'd love to hear an update so keep us posted.

KrushR

KrushR

Awards
Many JKD guys use thai and JKD kicks. With JKD practiioners, lead leg often used like a jab and the rear leg like a cross. Remember, JKD really is not a select style but rather an approach to training.
Best of luck in your fight.
Exactly. The guys I've seen that have only one year of JKD usually lead/cross, and don't have much else unless they have a TKD background.

Warrior - how's your ground game? You can gauge his side kick, and if it's slow, shoot for a single leg while he's getting reset. If you catch him on his heels he'll go down like a bag of coconuts. :hammer:

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
My ground game is pretty solid, I've been tapping out the purple belts at my jujitsu school.
I don't really like shooting in for legs but if I see an opening I'll go for it.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
best wishes to you keep us updated

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you find somebody to record it yet?
3-11 will be here before you know it. Good Luck!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Hey good luck, man. I hope you'll get that videotaped

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Good luck in your fight. If you were planning a muay thai fight I assume your stand up is better than your ground game. But if you can work well from your back I say rush the guy and try to overwhelm him. But if you got good takedown defense then just circle and throw shots.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Warrior. You going to give him the Wand staredown?

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Better than the Krazy Horse mouthing to the camera. But there's still the Krazy Horse sniffing of the opponent or the infamous Nakao Kiss.