I have a serious problem with this

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually agree with the MMA Weekly rankings, but the LHW is completely back asswards.

Total BS

How does Hendo rank that high and how did Lil Nog drop so little?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't seem quite right, but he's now the champ in Pride. Until he fights Shogun, it's unclear where to put him or if he even belongs. He's higher at 205 than 183.

I don't have a huge problem with Nogs ranking because he got caught and who do you put in front of him? Babalu? Tito? Rampage? None of these guys have a quality win lately. Then again Nog only fought twice in the last two years, but he's beat Naka x 2, Overeem x 2, Hendo, and essentially a draw to Shogun.

When did Vera climb into the top 10?
Interesting that Trigg is now 7th. I was wondering where they'd put.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
One fight at a certain weight div should not put you in the top 10 no matter who you beat. It could easily have been a fluke, hence why I would not rank Diaz. And Sherk isn't in the top 10, what a joke. Hendo has fought at 205 so I don't have too many issues with him being ranked as he's proved he can hang in that div.

LW rankings are a mockery but that div is so deep it's not too difficult to exclude some fighters, but Sherk, wtf?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I posted at M & M about the completely ridiculous rankings that MMA weekly has generated this time, especially the lightweight rankings.

I'm thinking they have two hats at MMA Weekly- one with fighter names and one with numbers. To pick the top 10, they draw from one hat to get a fighter name, then they draw from the other hat to get a number.

That, or they're banging Pride officials.

Pride 33

Awards
Matt Lindland is the world's best Middleweight?

Those lists are whack.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Matt Lindland is the world's best Middleweight?

Those lists are whack.
I think he probably is the best middleweight, but he definitely hasn't proved it yet. Fighting Fedor isn't the best idea to prove he's the best at 185 either. Unless he somehow wins, in which case I'll become a cutter.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I can't look at that list again, generally speaking, how can anyone be the best unless they have beaten two or more of the other ranked fighters in a weight class?

Fighters don't care, damn sure the UFC champion Sherk does'nt, where some press jockeys have them ranked, nor do I, everyone has different opinions, being in a somewhat mutally agreed upon top ten is enough, and they can remain there and reach undisputed Fedor status by letting their fists do their talking for them.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I can't look at that list again, generally speaking, how can anyone be the best unless they have beaten two or more of the other ranked fighters in a weight class?

Fighters don't care, damn sure the UFC champion Sherk does'nt, where some press jockeys have them ranked, nor do I, everyone has different opinions, being in a somewhat mutally agreed upon top ten is enough, and they can remain there and reach undisputed Fedor status by letting their fists do their talking for them.
I agree, and please don't entertain the possiblity that anyone is gonna reach Fedor status.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Sherk really doesn't belong in the top ten, anyway. If it were a list of the top midget fighters, he'd be up there. But the 155 class far exceeds his capabilities to LNP.

*Patiently awaiting the wrath of Savage :D

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aw man, it's on, as soon as I can think of something funny to say.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sherk really doesn't belong in the top ten, anyway. If it were a list of the top midget fighters, he'd be up there. But the 155 class far exceeds his capabilities to LNP.

I admire your post. I wonder if Sherk could stop someone(well, at all really) with punches to the thigh? To be serious Sherk can beat pretty much everyone at 155, but will it be very exciting?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I agree, and please don't entertain the possiblity that anyone is gonna reach Fedor status.
You're definitely the high man on the scrotum pole these days. That makes for a long way to fall when Linland PWNs the fading Commie with a Randleman-esqe bomb then launches into an "If I can change and you can change ....." speech in front of the Russian audience.:twisted: And we all know my picks tend to come true.....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
haha, scrotum pole, I like it. I'm also down with the "If I can change and you can change" theme, but seriously if Fedor loses to Lindland its likely I will have the same reaction as the racist redneck when Chappelle unveils his face, head explosion.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

The NSAC actually has a rule stating that Sherk is only allowed to dominate the 155ers now because any heavier, and the guys he slams will die. The force of Sherk's slams combined with the additional mass of the higher weight class fighters would be too much for their bodies to handle. They would simply break.

This rule is good news for your boy Fedor.

And while it's true Sherk could dominate the midget class (even though he would have to fight on his knees), he simply can't make the 40 lb. limit.

It's rumored that his nutz are highly skilled in their own right, though, and may enter the midget division. There's no doubt that they would dominate, though they may have a little bit of trouble cutting weight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Beo's just mad that Sherk's taking out his overhyped Boston cans "hawd" (Boston accent simulated by replacing r with w).

Kenflo-check
Lauzon boys - up next

Alex, I think I side with your bet. With the fight being at home for him, he will come out hard and finish Linland quickly. But Linland is tough, though.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The Lauzon boys might have a chance if they fought Sherky tag-team style and were allowed to use KenBlo's samurai swords.

But chances are, the mighty Sherk's laughter would blow them over and KO them "hawd". Afterwards, they'd "get in the ca' and go get a pizzer" to cheer themselves up.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The NSAC actually has a rule stating that Sherk is only allowed to dominate the 155ers now because any heavier, and the guys he slams will die. The force of Sherk's slams combined with the additional mass of the higher weight class fighters would be too much for their bodies to handle. They would simply break.

This rule is good news for your boy Fedor.

And while it's true Sherk could dominate the midget class (even though he would have to fight on his knees), he simply can't make the 40 lb. limit.

It's rumored that his nutz are highly skilled in their own right, though, and may enter the midget division. There's no doubt that they would dominate, though they may have a little bit of trouble cutting weight.
Yeah, Sherk's slams were really devastating against St. Pierre. I can only imagine what he'd do to someone even heavier:think: I would be very interested in his nutz making an MMA appearance. SS are you vertically challenged like Sherk?

p.s.:duel:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but that's GSP. Nobody beats GSP, not even Pillsbury Fedor.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Were'nt you previously warned for always playing the Homo Erotic Card, Tony?

Sherk is a bad little Melon Feeler, but Georges is a wee bit badder than all the rest, as far as we now know.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wasn't that you that was warned, with your JLB lovin'?

But I can't say I blame you. JLB is a bad Martha Faulker. Too bad he's never gotten fully into MMA.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
My love is of the healthy from a far away kind, I'm not whipping out the man's balls in a fantasy fruit & nut knockin' contest, that's just wrong in sooooo many ways.

But what a pretty picture you paint, oh lala,.....

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Beo's just mad that Sherk's taking out his overhyped Boston cans "hawd" (Boston accent simulated by replacing r with w).

Kenflo-check
Lauzon boys - up next
The Lauzon boys might have a chance if they fought Sherky tag-team style and were allowed to use KenBlo's samurai swords.

But chances are, the mighty Sherk's laughter would blow them over and KO them "hawd". Afterwards, they'd "get in the ca' and go get a pizzer" to cheer themselves up.
Aw, man, how did this get turned around on me :FUfinger:

Well played, gentlemen.

For the record, I do not have a Boston accent. I lost it when I learned how to read. Some words contain a letter that is a line with a little hook on the top. It looks like this--r. My childhood friends think I "talk weeahhd".

Speaking of Joe Lauzon, it's pretty definite that he is on TUF 5. Should be interesting with Pulver as a coach.