Travis Lutter

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Met Travis last night at our local mma fights. The guy was a real stand up guy he was in the locker rooms giving guys tips. We talked for a while he was offering people to come and visit his gym in dallas he signed my sons hat he was a real nice guy. You would think some one of level would be just a little cocky but he was very nice and humble. He sign shirts and hats for hours, he was enjoying his new fame he was bigger than expected i can see while he was having trouble makeing weight. He looked an easy 205 .

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he always seemed like a real nice guy to me, maybe a little boring. He just made a big mistake, thats all.

p.s. I'm a huge Rakim fan, love the sig, besides the grammar.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
what did he do?
Didn't make weight for his scheduled MW championship bout against Anderson Silva. It was a huge opportunity for himself that he squandered, but also disrespectful to Anderson. He'll now have one less title defense on his resume. **** happens, I would'nt really hold it against him.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it must of really sucked not to make weight for you one big shot. He was real laid back not to boreing. But he was super down to earth. I took a Pedro Sauer seminar he was cool but almost unaproachable real intense guy. I expected the same from Lutter but he was at the other end spectrum.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Rogue your right i thinks thats why he makeing personal aperances at a B level event.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You and I might not, I'll bet that the UFC will.

When you consider the number of fighters in their stable and the number that are now in lesser and foreign shows that want to be versus the number of avaliable fights, I believe that the odds of a fighter massively Fing up, which he did, and returning anytime soon are slim.
You're probably right. Riggs didn't make weight for the scheduled championship bout with Hughes and they still have room for his over rated ass. Not sure why the UFC has/had so much hope for Riggs. I mean the guy looks great when he wins, but he doesn't win often.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Riggs has the rep of being dominant in training, he just can't seem to put it together in the Octagon. Maybe he's the bottom to someone who's the top?

Yeah, that was uncalled for. Vicious rumormongering. :twisted:

Speaking of guys who are due for a shot, Isn't Mike Swick due to fight someone at the top?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure who he's fighting next. I'd like to see him fight Terry Martin. Swick/Anderson would be good. Swick is like a really pale poor mans version of Anderson, but you never know.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
swick vs anderson would be a great matchup both are great strikers lots of fireworks for sure. I think anderson would take him. But i never thought he would of destroyed Franklin like he did i think he should have the next shot.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That was uncalled for. Racist class snobbery will not be tolerated here, Pal but Jawja Crackers like Savage get a pity(ful) pass.
Up here in Yankyville we let it flow like the mississippi, makes us closer.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Better a Jawja cracka' than a Yankee som'b*tch, I always say.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Here I go, all OT and **** - You do know that there's a distinction to be made between Northerners and Yankees, Don't ya, SS?

Central and Southern Ohioians, for instance, are a lot closer in ways and means to Bama than those true Yankees out of the NYC area are.

Once you leave any city, it's a all Red State Wrastling NASCAR Chawing one generation from the Hills Billies everywhere in the good old US of A.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Damn, no, I didn't know that there were different types of Yankee Som'b*tches. Very interesting.

Actually, yeah, I agree. My brother in a law is from rural Ohio and has a lot in common with southerners.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Actually, I take that back- I did know that there were different types. Carpetbaggers, for example.

But this backwoods redneck loves all of 'em. They make really good pizza and sh*t. :pizza:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Lutter said in an interview that he's cut from that wieght numerous times but it just didn't come off this time. I guess for his big chance though he should made sure that he could make it by getting a little closer to weight in advance. They should give him another fight but since he's sort of plain blaine, they probably won't.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Once you leave any city, it's a all Red State Wrastling NASCAR Chawing one generation from the Hills Billies everywhere in the good old US of A.
There's definitely some truth to that.

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see him fight again, I thought he did really well in his fight against Silva, I was surprised by how he was doing actually.