Wow...just wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
I read that over at sherdog earlier too.

i'll give Woogie credit...he is a great fighter and shows some serious cojones. However, he could barely handle Rampage...WTF is he gonna do against Fedor??

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Holy ****. I'm excited for this, although I don't know why.

size

Awards
  • Established
I am glad to see this as Lindland is one of my favorite fighters. However, I expect Fedor to handle him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't make sense. Fedor doesn't want to fight Monson because he lost to Sylvia, but he'll fight a 185 pounder? I don't even know what to think. Lindland should be a slightly easier opponent than Monson. Bodog needs to offer Sapp some serious dough, that fight would be interesting, sort of.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
alexsander vs monsoon
fedor vs lindland, some big miss matches here. Im with alexander about the sapp thing, id like to see him fight anyone.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Linland And Bodog match up with two things that Fedor has stated in recent interviews. The desire to fight ex- Olympians,Rulan Gardner is rumored to be his next Pride opponent, and that he feels he does'nt have much more to prove in MMA and wants to spend more time with his family.

My interpretation of the last statement is " I need to secure my financial future ASAP by taking the Big $ opportunities offered to me".

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I pray Fedor doesn't have 3 or 4 ****ty/easy fights and then retire.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I suspect that's where he's headed, retirement, after a few relatively easy fights. Barnett being the best remaining matchup we'll see.

Cro Cop locked into the UFC, and Fedor gone without a rematch.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I suspect that's where he's headed, retirement, after a few relatively easy fights. Barnett being the best remaining matchup we'll see.

Cro Cop locked into the UFC, and Fedor gone without a rematch.
I will kidnap his daughter and force him to fight Crocop, Kharitonov, Sapp, Barnett, and **** pants Sylvia before he retires:run:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Lindland is clearly gifted and tough as hell, but I don't get the logic here. Fight up a weight class and lose, so now he fights up 2 weight classes. :wtf:

I guess it is a no-lose for Lindland, as he gets the shot at fighting the greatest. If he loses, it is to be expected; if he wins, he goes down in the history books. May be interesting to watch. I know this isn't PRIDE, but this whole fighting out of the weight class seems silly. Look at Wand. He hasn't fought in his weight class in over a year, and his next fight is still out of his class. May be a bit OT, but anyone else find this annoying?

It could be interesting eventually, such as a Liddell/Sylvia, Crocop/ Liddell, Wand/Fedor, or A.Silva/Liddel if the Spider continues to reign, but this should be the exception, not the norm.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I agree Beo. Guys that have cleaned up the division can fight out of their weight class. Liddell could probably do it now until Rampage is ready. Guys like Wand have competition at their own weight class so they should stay there.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, I kind of think its a no win situation for Lindland. Guaranteed loss, with a good chance of extreme pain.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm telling y'all right now- Lindland is the kind of guy who would give anyone problems. Someone with his wrestling ability and his unorthodox striking is extremely dangerous.

Fedor is undoubtedly the man, but an unbeatable, infallible god, he is not.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Murilo Bustamante made him look like ****, Baroni gave him fits, Terrell knocked him out cold, what do you think Fedor's gonna do to the guy. Lindland is a tough dude, but he stands almost 0 chance of beating Fedor. If I am wrong I am a huge fool. I have to disagree about Fedor being a God, to me he is a God for sure, just like Jordan was a God in the 90's, untouchable. Once Fedor hits 35-36 he might lose his God status, but by then hopefully he'll have retired after beating a couple more top guys.

size

Awards
  • Established
Lindland is clearly gifted and tough as hell, but I don't get the logic here. Fight up a weight class and lose, so now he fights up 2 weight classes.
Really the weight of the opponent will not be huge difference from his previous fight. Fedor is not a really heavy heavyweight and Rampage Jackson certainly fights at a weight higher than 205. Still Lindland will definitely be at a size disadvantage considering his olympic wrestling was under 170.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Murilo Bustamante made him look like ****, Baroni gave him fits, Terrell knocked him out cold, what do you think Fedor's gonna do to the guy. Lindland is a tough dude, but he stands almost 0 chance of beating Fedor. If I am wrong I am a huge fool. I have to disagree about Fedor being a God, to me he is a God for sure, just like Jordan was a God in the 90's, untouchable. Once Fedor hits 35-36 he might lose his God status, but by then hopefully he'll have retired after beating a couple more top guys.
The Bustamante fight was damn near five years ago and the Terrell fight was basically a fluke.

A lot of people also thought that Rampage would run through Lindland and it didn't happen. Not even close. He's a tough scrapper and can make a fight with anyone.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The Bustamante fight was damn near five years ago and the Terrell fight was basically a fluke.

A lot of people also thought that Rampage would run through Lindland and it didn't happen. Not even close. He's a tough scrapper and can make a fight with anyone.
Rampage is not what he used to be. The old Rampage would 've finished Lindland. Terrell was definitely a fluke. Busta was five years ago, but Lindland had plenty of experience and was 31, he's getting pretty old which can't help. I do agree that Lindland is a scrapper that can make a fight with pretty much anyone, cept Fedor. You and I should make a little bet of some sort. I don't think Lindland will last 3 minutes, how about you?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
If you were'nt such a dollar cheap non sponsoring Blue Boy, my little vich, you two could do a signature bet and wear Avant's HOF Can around your waist, but no,.....

I've never seen Matt Lindland fight, so I'm gonna dig up the Rampage fight and critique the wrastler's hands and his general ability to avoid getting slain by the Slavic God of Pain.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll bet both of you melon feelers with Avant supps.

What are the stakes? What are y'all gonna' put up?

And what's the bet? Lindland wins? Hell, I don't think he'll win, I just think he'll make a fight of it.

size

Awards
  • Established
From an interview with Lindland:

When the ink does go down on the contract later today, Lindland will be looking forward to a lengthy relationship with BodogFight and many large, home-cooked meals. “I am fighting heavyweight for Bodog,” stated Lindland. “They have committed three heavyweight fights to me and I have committed three heavyweight fights to them. I am super-excited about this great opportunity.”

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I will kidnap his daughter and force him to fight Crocop, Kharitonov, Sapp, Barnett, and **** pants Sylvia before he retires:run:

Kidnapping Fedor's daughter could be the worst thing you could possibly conceive of doing....

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Alexander: "Oh, hey Fedor... what's up bro, heh {nervous laugh}

Fedor: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!"

***Fedor proceeds to lay the most ungodly beat down rendering Alexander into nothingness***

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I wound pee a little in my pants if he was submitted/ KO'ed at 3:50 or 4:05 likewise of the first round. (knockin on wood) lol

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Can I only have a sig if I am a contributing member? I didn't see anywhere in the settings to have a sig, thanks.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I wound pee a little in my pants if he was submitted/ KO'ed at 3:50 or 4:05 likewise of the first round. (knockin on wood) lol
I will **** in my pants if its at 4:05. I like the mixed looking chick in your av, both are pretty though.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
User CP ---> (left hand side) Edit Signature ?

EDIT: Please don't post about your bets on this board. Its illegal.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
User CP ---> (left hand side) Edit Signature ?
I may be delirious, but I've looked several times and there is no option to edit signature. The bet is definitely on. I'm guessing since I'm a blue boy I can't have a sig?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I will **** in my pants if its at 4:05. I like the mixed looking chick in your av, both are pretty though.
My girlfriend and her sister left to right, thanks for the compliment. :)

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend and her sister left to right, thanks for the compliment. :)
Damn, two Freakin' Coyote Fuglies.

jk, I don't know. I block all graphics, avatars, advertising, etc. with my Adblock Firefox extension.

No siggies avaliable to us Blue Ballers. Alexovich, you are going to have to keep a copy and paste line avaliable to put into the bottom of your posts. I'm thinking about taking this bet as well, if avaliable, pending my evaluation of Lindland/Jackson.

My bet would be $40, I think it is, to the noble Barbarian, or he can make me into a Goldie. I would have been long ago, but I absolutley refuse to use Paypal ever.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Damn, two Freakin' Coyote Fuglies.

jk, I don't know. I block all graphics, avatars, advertising, etc. with my Adblock Firefox extension.

No siggies avaliable to us Blue Ballers. Alexovich, you are going to have to keep a copy and paste line avaliable to put into the bottom of your posts. I'm thinking about taking this bet as well, if avaliable, pending my evaluation of Lindland/Jackson.

My bet would be $40, I think it is, to the noble Barbarian, or he can make me into a Goldie. I would have been long ago, but I absolutley refuse to use Paypal ever.
Dont worry RD jmh80 sent me some pics of you!! I got a wallet size i tape to my hand when im gettin it on. when it gets too good i pull out the pic and any urge for pleasure fades.... then i have a shower. just kidding. when it gets too good i just tell her to talk. lmao, my non expert opinion is fedor tapout lindland by 2:00 round two.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If you look at Fedor's record, he has finished 10 of his 25 victims in less than 4 min of the 1st rd, including Coleman and Randleman--two BIG wrestlers. Lindland is a scrappy bastard, so it is not ridiculous to think that Savage could take this, but if I were a betting man I'd side with RD and Alex.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If you look at Fedor's record, he has finished 10 of his 25 victims in less than 4 min of the 1st rd, including Coleman and Randleman--two BIG wrestlers. Lindland is a scrappy bastard, so it is not ridiculous to think that Savage could take this, but if I were a betting man I'd side with RD and Alex.
Thanks stat boy, that makes me feel even better. BTW Lindland and Fedor have both been reported by various opponents of smelling like absolute ****. So this may be the first time Lindland doesn't have a serious edge in that department. I guess we should feel bad for the ref.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll take that bet.

What's a Goldie?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I foresee some future bets on Sherk matches.....

I really have no idea which way I'd bet on this Fedor-Linland match (on the 4 minute victory) . I'd have to rewatch the Linland-Page fight and look up the Bustamante fight. I remember the Terrell fight well and Terrell's quickness and aggressiveness allowed him to KO Linland. Terrell has a tendency to throw an extra punch/kick after most people would stop there attack and setup for another exchange. It caught Linland off guard and nearly caught Tanner off guard too. Fedor's as quick as they come, but I'm sure Linland will expecting aggressive striking.

On a side note, I rewatched CC-Fedor a week ago and had to slow-mo a lot of the exchanges cause they were so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.