Kharitonov vs Yvel.........Pride 33

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This match-up has been announced. I'm picking Kharitonov of course, but this is a guaranteed exciting match. I hope Gilbert doesn't try to pull any illegal bull****, because Sergei is the wrong dude to piss off.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope that Sergei regains his form and continues to progress. He has a lot of potential.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Cool, interesting match for Sergei. I hope he comes back strong or Alex may have to take up full time residence on Fedor sack.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Cool, interesting match for Sergei. I hope he comes back strong or Alex may have to take up full time residence on Fedor sack.
Yes, me too, it is getting very crowded here on Fedor's sack.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Give me some background on these two, guys.

Gilbery Yvel has a bad rep in K-1 for hitting a guy before the bell rung, what did he do In MMA, something with Don Frye?

What's the story with Sergei and the Red Devils?
Yvel poked Frye in the eyes like 10 times intentionally, and they DQed him. I've seen him refuse to start down on the mat when they restart in the center because his ground game is weak. He KOed a ref in a some other show (not Pride) because he didn't want to obey him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yvel poked Frye in the eyes like 10 times intentionally, and they DQed him. I've seen him refuse to start down on the mat when they restart in the center because his ground game is weak. He KOed a ref in a some other show (not Pride) because he didn't want to obey him.
Yvel pretty much does something illegal in every fight. He's a genuine nutcase, he really thinks he's a nice guy and that he's done nothing wrong. I remember in WVC he was going to fight Fabio Piomente, they were staying at the same hotel and Yvel started a bunch of **** with Fabio poolside, he was going nuts and then he walked around the hotel throwing stuff around and cussing like a little kid. He also got DQed for biting Karimula Barkalaev(I really liked this guy). There's probably many more ridiculous incidents. I was pleased when Wand blasted him in the nuts, well not really cause that would've been a war. Yvel blasted Schilt into oblivion back in maybe 99. Definitely a dangerous dude and he did get a lot better on the ground beginning around 2002. I would've loved to see Yvel fight Branco back in the day, battle of the loose cannons.

As far as Sergei and Red Devil, I don't think there is any beef. Sergei just stayed with RTT, and a lot of those guys ended up going to Red Devil.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yvel was denied a license by the NSAC, but PRIDE has not announced what will happen with this fight.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I read that Yvel got into a shouting match at the NSAC hearing, apparently typical behavior for this guy.

You guys read where Randelman is on permanent supension in Nevada for doctoring his piss test, which some say means he's probably "86'd" everywhere?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why the hell did he think giving them hormone-less piss would work??

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
here's a link to Yvel knockin out that ref for those that haven't seen it. The guy is a real class act. One of my favorite Yvel moments is after he KO's Goodridge. That chick runs into the ring and is over top of Big Daddy and you can see Yvel tryin to cop a feel on her.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What a classy guy, he should really not be allowed to fight. He's done similar **** at least 10 times. He should've been banned for a year alone for trying to rip Frye's eyes out.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Wow that cats out of control. He needs to get a grip on reality. I can never figure out why some cats have a self destruct button and lose it. I know emotions are high but come on some self control would be nice.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow, what an idiot. That's the first time I've seen him. That's bad enough, but he has a history of this?? I agree with Alex- he definitely shouldn't be allowed to fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
They should have a GP with all these dirty bastards in it. Yvel, Branco, Mike Kyle, Girard Gordeou (blinded a guy in one eye from eye gouging), .....

size

Awards
  • Established
I was hoping to see this fight as I rather enjoy watching Sergei and I rather dislike Yvel.

Here is a rather old clip of Yvel losing to one of my favorite fighters, Igor Vovchanchyn.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What happened to Igor? He just seemed to disappear.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
What happened to Igor? He just seemed to disappear.
No one seems to know for sure as this is a frequently posted thread on Sherdog. I think he was injured for a long time, though. He's been in some wars so retiremnet may be in his best interest. :sad: It's getting lonely these days on Igor's sack.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jas123 MMA 13
Alexander MMA 9
jas123 MMA 2
fbxdan MMA 1