Fedor... Best MMA Fighter of All Time? - AnabolicMinds.com

Poll: Is Fedor The Best of All Time?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Fedor... Best MMA Fighter of All Time?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Professional Member

Fedor... Best MMA Fighter of All Time?

Discuss.

Sick Highlight Vid, with one of the sickest tool songs:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494AsxLeK0c"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

2. Board Sponsor

Maybe. We'll see how the remainder of his career goes. So far, so good, though.
  3. Elite Member

Sir Savage, who do you think might have had a better career than Fedor?
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

Nobody.

I just think it wise to wait and see how Fedor's career ends before we start calling him the greatest of all time, though. Somebody could come along and expose some serious chinks in his armor, ya' never know.
  5. Advanced Member

Most defenitly, guy has practically 0 losses and has fought the best in the world.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yes...end of discussion. His only "loss" was due to an illegal elbow that caused a cut in the opening minute. He has beaten everyone and there has never been a time where there was a discussion about the decision.
  7. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    Yes...end of discussion. His only "loss" was due to an illegal elbow that caused a cut in the opening minute. He has beaten everyone and there has never been a time where there was a discussion about the decision.

To my knowledge and watching the fight first hand online it was a punch that cut Fedor's eye open. Part of TK's secret weapon moves, and his special tk guard. LoL:clean:
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Yes. I think the only person who has a remote chance of challenging, or even causing discussion in this area, in the near future is GSP. I realize that might be a brash statement, or far too early to make it, but few in MMA right now have faced as many quality opponents available to them within their first 13 Fights. If GSP can go the rest of his career without a loss (hard thing to do, obviously) I would consider comparing the two.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot
    To my knowledge and watching the fight first hand online it was a punch that cut Fedor's eye open. Part of TK's secret weapon moves, and his special tk guard. LoL:clean:
    He went for a right cross and hit Fedor with his elbow. Instead of ruling it a NC, they made TK the winner because it was a tournament.
  10. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    He went for a right cross and hit Fedor with his elbow. Instead of ruling it a NC, they made TK the winner because it was a tournament.
    Yup, complete BS to have that as a loss on Fedor's record. We all know the truth, so who cares.
  11. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage
    Nobody.

I just think it wise to wait and see how Fedor's career ends before we start calling him the greatest of all time, though. Somebody could come along and expose some serious chinks in his armor, ya' never know.
    Right on, anything is possible. I think he'll end his career the way he does everything else, with a huge amount of class and wisdom.
  12. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Yes. I think the only person who has a remote chance of challenging, or even causing discussion in this area, in the near future is GSP. I realize that might be a brash statement, or far too early to make it, but few in MMA right now have faced as many quality opponents available to them within their first 13 Fights. If GSP can go the rest of his career without a loss (hard thing to do, obviously) I would consider comparing the two.
    This friggin canadian guy is gonna bring up GSP of course. Why don't you go shape up your mullet JK of course, GSP has a long way to go to catch Fedor, but he has huge potential so we'll see. As of right now, Fedor is the GOAT by a good margin.
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    This friggin canadian guy is gonna bring up GSP of course. Why don't you go shape up your mullet JK of course, GSP has a long way to go to catch Fedor, but he has huge potential so we'll see. As of right now, Fedor is the GOAT by a good margin.
    HAHA

I knew someone was going to say that. Yeah, nobody is even remotely close in my opinion, I just think is GSP continues on the path he is on now we may have to discuss it in 5-7 years type thing.
  14. Professional Member

It's good to see so many knowledgable people in MMA who have quality posts, unlike other sites **coughsherdogcough**

15. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo
    It's good to see so many knowledgable people in MMA who have quality posts, unlike other sites **coughsherdogcough**

Yeah, you'll like it hear, plenty of knowledge and very few obnoxious posts. There is one old guy that posts here from time to time that knows nothing, his name is Rogue Drone Just ignore him.
  16. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Not bad, my feisty young protege, but I can easily slip that jab. Remember, Grasshopper, I taught you all you that you know,I did'nt teach you all that I know.

Do I need to spell it out, or can you "here" me?

Sherdog has some good posters, you just have to be very selective about which threads you wade through with that low signal to noise ratio.

We are in the early years of MMA, the debate in the coming years will be how would the long retired Fedor do against the current crop of super MMAers that will be around.

Just curious, i see you have voted NO, my question is then WHO?
  17. Elite Member

Not bad, my feisty young protege, but I can easily slip that jab. Remember, Grasshopper, I taught you all you that you know,I did'nt teach you all that I know.

Do I need to spell it out, or can you "here" me?

Sherdog has some good posters, you just have to be very selective about which threads you wade through with that low signal to noise ratio.

We are in the early years of MMA, the debate in the coming years will be how would the long retired Fedor do against the current crop of super MMAers that will be around.
    Yeah, I can "hear" you, +1 for the Roguester. I think I'm going scenile every time you post. Please tell me you regularly come back and edit your posts a couple minutes after posting. Your posts always seem to change slightly the second time I read them.
  18. Elite Member

Now, Ernesto Hoost.

In the near future, that Slim Shady Mofo, Ed "Short Fuse" Herman when he punks Silva and Franklin or the Maineac when he cripples Cro Cop and Fedor for life.

This is Sherdog , isn't it? I'm still a little woozy from that flying Triangle that Alexandrovich put on me, it's that or the Gogoplata and Gin churning my guts.
    I may have to change my name to Alexandrovich, I like that. I'm surprised you didn't go with JLB seeing as that you have a hammock hanging from his nuts where you reside.
  19. Elite Member

You just have scenile envy, for I am Rogueishly Dashing Drone, and you are not.

Hammock, hell, I have a spacious retirement villa built on his Isle of Pube. Sir Savage is swangin from the scrotal hammock, there's not as much acreage avaliable down under in Muscle Sharkdom.
    Alright cool I've got this one quoted so you can't mildly/discreetly change your post and make me think I'm going nuts. Where will you move your luxurious retirement villa when JLB retires soon? Perhaps Bonjaskyville will be a nice place to stay for a while.
  20. Board Sponsor

And this hammock is oh-so-comfortable.
  21. Board Sponsor

Muscle Sharkdom is the ****.

It's getting ready to conquer Fishertown, Guillardsville, and Francasburg with ease.
  22. Board Sponsor

Loch Pulver would get PULVERized (bwahahaha!- ahem), Gomi Prefecture would not be able to handle the blitzkrieg attack that Muscle Sharkdom is known for, but Penn Islet could very well repel the attacks.

In fact, Penn Islet could be a major problem area.
  23. Board Sponsor

West Cobb? Are you talking about the county in Jawja?
  24. Board Sponsor

Seriously?? Dude, I live in Kennesaw. I didn't know that you lived here. I workout at KSU all the time these days. My daily commute is nowhere, though, since I telework for Avant Labs.

But parts of Cherokee have been annexed, too.
  25. Board Sponsor

Indeed. History repeats itself.

Let's hope this time it turns out a little better for the Romans, though.
  26. Elite Member

You must not have seen this year's K-1 Grandprix, Stefan Leko smashed Bojaskyville into rubble. I'm moving up into the Penthouse in Schilt City.

I admit it, it's Savage's fault, this is one damn silly conversation.
    Yeah, I havn't seen the Grandprix this year, havn't really followed K-1 for a good year now. It is a mystery to me how Leko is so good. I'm sure you can break that down for me. Schilt city seems like a good place to stay. I need to start paying attention to K-1, has Schilt fought Choi, if so who won, if not who do you think would win?
  27. Elite Member

Damn, what thread is this?
  28. Elite Member

back to the topic at hand, haha....

Leko kicked Remy in the nuts twice, they had to stop the bout for over 20 minutes while he recovered from the obviously intense pain, Bonjasky got the decision but could'nt continue into the next round.

Leko is like Feitosa, excellent technicians, but they lack the KO power and drive, seemingly, to take their game to a championship level.

Choi defeated Schilt at the Asian GP this year, on a controversial decision, most observers think Choi got the decision because the fight was in front of Korean judges in Seoul. It was a boring fight, two akward giants fighting for points.

If K-1 does'nt setup a superheavyweight division, those two will continue to dominate with the benefit of their size, to the continuing dinimished entertainment value for the fans, IMO.

I like K-1 but with those two on top, and the lack of top new talent to replace the aged Hoost, Aerts and Le Banner, it's not what it was in the mid and late 90's.
    Nice info, thanks. It seems like JLB would be perfect to destroy Schilt and especially Choi. I havn't seen him fight for over a year, I'm assuming he is on his way out. What's up with Alexey Ignashov, Sefo, any young cats coming up? Someone needs to KO these giants.
  29. Elite Member

To anyone besides Rogue and Savage that voted no or maybe please explain yourself. In my book the second best MMA fighter of all time is really far behind Fedor, whoever that might be, Nog, Wandy?
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

lol at Rogue, Alex and Savage. This is one hillariously off-topic thread.

I'd put Fedor at the greatest of all-time. He's too well rounded and mentally strong (although, the Hunt fight was a little wierd). I'd still like to see him fight Barnett, Crocop again, and kharitonov and for some reason Sapp just to see how he handles him.

Here's my question. Is Fedor 2002-06 in Pride more impressive than Silva 2000-04 in Pride (Pride 10 up to Rampage II, we'll leave out the Hunt fight)? They were both undefeated in these times. The competition seems to have caught up to Wandy at least to some extent in recent years. The same thing could happen to Fedor this year and next. It seems that MMA is a sport that takes a toll on the competitors and maybe it's somewhat impossible to stay on top for more than a few years. Who knows? As Rogue said, it's a young sport and more greats will come.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Leko is like Feitosa, excellent technicians, but they lack the KO power and drive, seemingly, to take their game to a championship level.
    Really? I haven't seen too much of Leko, but I remembering him ktfo Aerts hard.

It seems like a lot of the same big names have been around for many years in K-1.
  32. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    lol at Rogue, Alex and Savage. This is one hillariously off-topic thread.

I'd put Fedor at the greatest of all-time. He's too well rounded and mentally strong (although, the Hunt fight was a little wierd). I'd still like to see him fight Barnett, Crocop again, and kharitonov and for some reason Sapp just to see how he handles him.

Here's my question. Is Fedor 2002-06 in Pride more impressive than Silva 2000-04 in Pride (his first fight in Pride up to Rampage II, we'll leave out the Hunt fight)? They were both undefeated in these times. The competition seems to have caught up to Wandy at least to some extent in recent years. The same thing could happen to Fedor this year and next. It seems that MMA is a sport that takes a toll on the competitors and maybe it's somewhat impossible to stay on top for more than a few years. Who knows? As Rogue said, it's a young sport and more greats will come.
    I like your list of future Fedor opponents, looks perfect to me. I'd love to see how he would handle Sapp. Wand obviously has had a great career, but IMO he faced much easier competition than Fedor. Fedor fought Schilt, Herring, Nog, Fujita, Goodridge, Coleman, Randleman, Ogawa, Noguiera, Mirko, Coleman II, and Hunt, almost all top 10 HW when he fought them. Wand fought Mezger,Henderson, Saku, a good amount of cans, Saku 2 more times, Yoshida twice, Rampage twice, Arona twice, Nakamura, Hunt, Fujita, and then a devastating loss to Mirko. Not to mention losing to Vitor and Tito early in his career, and a legitimate loss to Arona which he did redeem(sort of). Both great fighters, but Fedor is perfection so far.

I noticed you said up until Rampage II. That makes it a closer call, but Wand did have those early losses to Vitor and Tito which is a major blemish. I think Wand is top 5 all time(13-14 years)though.
  33. Elite Member

For the new guy that started the thread, we are not normally crackheads, we usually stay on topic, please don't run away.
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I noticed you said up until Rampage II. That makes it a closer call, but Wand did have those early losses to Vitor and Tito which is a major blemish. I think Wand is top 5 all time(13-14 years)though.
    Yeah, I really meant just his Pride fights after the Ortiz loss. Trying to compare two eras in fighters careers (Fedor has no doubt had a better career).

Wandy************************
    Legitimate victories: Mezger, Henderson, Saku x 3, Yoshida, Rampage x 2
    ehh victories: Kondo
    Cans: Oyama, Otsuka, Tamura, Iwasaki, Kanehara, Minowa
    Other : NC to Yvel, draw to CC that is more of a victory but CC was new to MMA

Fedor*************************
    Legitimate Victories: Schilt, Herring, Nog x 2, Crocop, Hunt, Coleman I, Randlaman, Fujita, TK
    ehhh victories: Coleman II
    Cans: Valavicius (Rings 2003), Goodridge, Nagata, Ogawa, Zulu
    Other: NC to Nog

Not sure if Fujita, Randleman, TK belong at Legit Victories or ehh victories at those points in their careers?
  35. Elite Member

Yeah, I really meant just his Pride fights after the Ortiz loss. Trying to compare two eras in fighters careers (Fedor has no doubt had a better career).

Wandy************************
    Legitimate victories: Mezger, Henderson, Saku x 3, Yoshida, Rampage x 2
    ehh victories: Kondo
    Cans: Oyama, Otsuka, Tamura, Iwasaki, Kanehara, Minowa
    Other : NC to Yvel, draw to CC that is more of a victory but CC was new to MMA

Fedor*************************
    Legitimate Victories: Schilt, Herring, Nog x 2, Crocop, Hunt, Coleman I, Randlaman, Fujita, TK
    ehhh victories: Coleman II
    Cans: Valavicius (Rings 2003), Goodridge, Nagata, Ogawa, Zulu
    Other: NC to Nog

Not sure if Fujita, Randleman, TK belong at Legit Victories or ehh victories at those points in their careers?
    Nog*************************** ***
    Legit Victories: Coleman, Herring, Sapp, Schilt, Crocop, Herring again, Kharitonov, Nastula, Werdum, Barnett
    ehhh victories: Goodridge, Rico(draw imo), Hendo
    Cans: Kikuta, Yokoi, Tamura, Zulu, Enson
    Other: 2 losses to Fedor, 1-1 with Barnett, plus a few decent wins in Rings before Pride.
    *One thing about Nog is that a lot of wins are not decisive like Wand/Fedor. Ricco, Kharitonov, Werdum, and Barnett were all pretty much draws imo.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Nog*************************** ***
    Legit Victories: Coleman, Herring, Sapp, Schilt, Crocop, Herring again, Kharitonov, Nastula, Werdum, Barnett
    ehhh victories: Goodridge, Rico(draw imo), Hendo
    Cans: Kikuta, Yokoi, Tamura, Zulu, Enson
    Other: 2 losses to Fedor, 1-1 with Barnett, plus a few decent wins in Rings before Pride.
    *One thing about Nog is that a lot of wins are not decisive like Wand/Fedor. Ricco, Kharitonov, Werdum, and Barnett were all pretty much draws imo.
    Yeah, Nog got desroyed even in some of his victories. He's the toughest SOB out there. He's up there career-wise, though.

Do you think that there were top MW fighters in the Wand era who weren't getting a shot at him? Overeem and Lil Nog were pretty new. Arona and Randleman only had a few fights as well and got beat by Rampage.
  37. Elite Member

Yeah, Nog got desroyed even in some of his victories. He's up there career-wise, though.

Do you think that there were top MW fighters in the Wand era who weren't getting a shot at him? Overeem and Lil Nog were pretty new. Arona and Randleman only had a few fights as well and got beat by Rampage.
    Not that I can think of. The HW division IMO was just a little bit deeper then the MW's.

I can't believe as of right now only 56% of the people that voted think Fedor is the best MMA fighter of all time. I'd love for them to chime in with whom might be better. Liddell, Couture, Hughes, they're great, but come on now.
  38. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

ajfrfghtr, firefighter2032, lifter2005, Rogue Drone

Need to be doin' some good ol' fashion justificatin'
  39. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    ajfrfghtr, firefighter2032, lifter2005, Rogue Drone

Need to be doin' some good ol' fashion justificatin'
    Rogue is either scenile or most likely completely joking. As for the other 3, my guess is they've seen very little of Pride and most likely MMA altogether. That mini insult might engage them to do some justificatin.
  40. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Nearest I can tell Rogue thought this was a poll on Apple Sauce, and whether it is good with sprinkled cinnamon sugar or not.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Poll: BEST prohormones/prosteroids of all time
    By swoody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
  2. Best experience of all time!
    By drooks10 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 07:00 PM
  3. Best MMA Fighter of all time?
    By TipTopShape in forum MMA
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 10:31 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 08:49 PM
  5. New Supplement (longest name of all time)
    By TheCrownedOne in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 05:08 AM