Is Fedor The Best of All Time?

• Total voters
CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Discuss.

Sick Highlight Vid, with one of the sickest tool songs:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494AsxLeK0c"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Maybe. We'll see how the remainder of his career goes. So far, so good, though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sir Savage, who do you think might have had a better career than Fedor?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nobody.

I just think it wise to wait and see how Fedor's career ends before we start calling him the greatest of all time, though. Somebody could come along and expose some serious chinks in his armor, ya' never know.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Most defenitly, guy has practically 0 losses and has fought the best in the world.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes...end of discussion. His only "loss" was due to an illegal elbow that caused a cut in the opening minute. He has beaten everyone and there has never been a time where there was a discussion about the decision.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Yes...end of discussion. His only "loss" was due to an illegal elbow that caused a cut in the opening minute. He has beaten everyone and there has never been a time where there was a discussion about the decision.

To my knowledge and watching the fight first hand online it was a punch that cut Fedor's eye open. Part of TK's secret weapon moves, and his special tk guard. LoL:clean: :trout:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. I think the only person who has a remote chance of challenging, or even causing discussion in this area, in the near future is GSP. I realize that might be a brash statement, or far too early to make it, but few in MMA right now have faced as many quality opponents available to them within their first 13 Fights. If GSP can go the rest of his career without a loss (hard thing to do, obviously) I would consider comparing the two.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To my knowledge and watching the fight first hand online it was a punch that cut Fedor's eye open. Part of TK's secret weapon moves, and his special tk guard. LoL:clean: :trout:
He went for a right cross and hit Fedor with his elbow. Instead of ruling it a NC, they made TK the winner because it was a tournament.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He went for a right cross and hit Fedor with his elbow. Instead of ruling it a NC, they made TK the winner because it was a tournament.
Yup, complete BS to have that as a loss on Fedor's record. We all know the truth, so who cares.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Nobody.

I just think it wise to wait and see how Fedor's career ends before we start calling him the greatest of all time, though. Somebody could come along and expose some serious chinks in his armor, ya' never know.
Right on, anything is possible. I think he'll end his career the way he does everything else, with a huge amount of class and wisdom.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I think the only person who has a remote chance of challenging, or even causing discussion in this area, in the near future is GSP. I realize that might be a brash statement, or far too early to make it, but few in MMA right now have faced as many quality opponents available to them within their first 13 Fights. If GSP can go the rest of his career without a loss (hard thing to do, obviously) I would consider comparing the two.
This friggin canadian guy is gonna bring up GSP of course. Why don't you go shape up your mullet:nutkick: JK of course, GSP has a long way to go to catch Fedor, but he has huge potential so we'll see. As of right now, Fedor is the GOAT by a good margin.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This friggin canadian guy is gonna bring up GSP of course. Why don't you go shape up your mullet:nutkick: JK of course, GSP has a long way to go to catch Fedor, but he has huge potential so we'll see. As of right now, Fedor is the GOAT by a good margin.
HAHA

I knew someone was going to say that.:trout: Yeah, nobody is even remotely close in my opinion, I just think is GSP continues on the path he is on now we may have to discuss it in 5-7 years type thing.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
It's good to see so many knowledgable people in MMA who have quality posts, unlike other sites **coughsherdogcough**

:)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's good to see so many knowledgable people in MMA who have quality posts, unlike other sites **coughsherdogcough**

:)
Yeah, you'll like it hear, plenty of knowledge and very few obnoxious posts. There is one old guy that posts here from time to time that knows nothing, his name is Rogue Drone:twisted: Just ignore him.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Not bad, my feisty young protege, but I can easily slip that jab. Remember, Grasshopper, I taught you all you that you know,I did'nt teach you all that I know.

Do I need to spell it out, or can you "here" me?

Sherdog has some good posters, you just have to be very selective about which threads you wade through with that low signal to noise ratio.

We are in the early years of MMA, the debate in the coming years will be how would the long retired Fedor do against the current crop of super MMAers that will be around.

Just curious, i see you have voted NO, my question is then WHO?
:duel:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Not bad, my feisty young protege, but I can easily slip that jab. Remember, Grasshopper, I taught you all you that you know,I did'nt teach you all that I know.

Do I need to spell it out, or can you "here" me?

Sherdog has some good posters, you just have to be very selective about which threads you wade through with that low signal to noise ratio.

We are in the early years of MMA, the debate in the coming years will be how would the long retired Fedor do against the current crop of super MMAers that will be around.
Yeah, I can "hear" you, +1 for the Roguester. I think I'm going scenile every time you post. Please tell me you regularly come back and edit your posts a couple minutes after posting. Your posts always seem to change slightly the second time I read them.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Now, Ernesto Hoost.

In the near future, that Slim Shady Mofo, Ed "Short Fuse" Herman when he punks Silva and Franklin or the Maineac when he cripples Cro Cop and Fedor for life.

This is Sherdog , isn't it? I'm still a little woozy from that flying Triangle that Alexandrovich put on me, it's that or the Gogoplata and Gin churning my guts.
I may have to change my name to Alexandrovich, I like that. I'm surprised you didn't go with JLB seeing as that you have a hammock hanging from his nuts where you reside.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You just have scenile envy, for I am Rogueishly Dashing Drone, and you are not.

Hammock, hell, I have a spacious retirement villa built on his Isle of Pube. Sir Savage is swangin from the scrotal hammock, there's not as much acreage avaliable down under in Muscle Sharkdom.
Alright cool I've got this one quoted so you can't mildly/discreetly change your post and make me think I'm going nuts. Where will you move your luxurious retirement villa when JLB retires soon? Perhaps Bonjaskyville will be a nice place to stay for a while.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Muscle Sharkdom is the ****.

It's getting ready to conquer Fishertown, Guillardsville, and Francasburg with ease.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Loch Pulver would get PULVERized (bwahahaha!- ahem), Gomi Prefecture would not be able to handle the blitzkrieg attack that Muscle Sharkdom is known for, but Penn Islet could very well repel the attacks.

In fact, Penn Islet could be a major problem area.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
West Cobb? Are you talking about the county in Jawja?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Seriously?? Dude, I live in Kennesaw. I didn't know that you lived here. I workout at KSU all the time these days. My daily commute is nowhere, though, since I telework for Avant Labs. ;)

But parts of Cherokee have been annexed, too.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Indeed. History repeats itself.

Let's hope this time it turns out a little better for the Romans, though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You must not have seen this year's K-1 Grandprix, Stefan Leko smashed Bojaskyville into rubble. I'm moving up into the Penthouse in Schilt City.

I admit it, it's Savage's fault, this is one damn silly conversation.
Yeah, I havn't seen the Grandprix this year, havn't really followed K-1 for a good year now. It is a mystery to me how Leko is so good. I'm sure you can break that down for me. Schilt city seems like a good place to stay. I need to start paying attention to K-1, has Schilt fought Choi, if so who won, if not who do you think would win?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
back to the topic at hand, haha....

Leko kicked Remy in the nuts twice, they had to stop the bout for over 20 minutes while he recovered from the obviously intense pain, Bonjasky got the decision but could'nt continue into the next round.

Leko is like Feitosa, excellent technicians, but they lack the KO power and drive, seemingly, to take their game to a championship level.

Choi defeated Schilt at the Asian GP this year, on a controversial decision, most observers think Choi got the decision because the fight was in front of Korean judges in Seoul. It was a boring fight, two akward giants fighting for points.

If K-1 does'nt setup a superheavyweight division, those two will continue to dominate with the benefit of their size, to the continuing dinimished entertainment value for the fans, IMO.

I like K-1 but with those two on top, and the lack of top new talent to replace the aged Hoost, Aerts and Le Banner, it's not what it was in the mid and late 90's.
Nice info, thanks. It seems like JLB would be perfect to destroy Schilt and especially Choi. I havn't seen him fight for over a year, I'm assuming he is on his way out. What's up with Alexey Ignashov, Sefo, any young cats coming up? Someone needs to KO these giants.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
To anyone besides Rogue and Savage that voted no or maybe please explain yourself. In my book the second best MMA fighter of all time is really far behind Fedor, whoever that might be, Nog, Wandy?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
lol at Rogue, Alex and Savage. This is one hillariously off-topic thread.

I'd put Fedor at the greatest of all-time. He's too well rounded and mentally strong (although, the Hunt fight was a little wierd). I'd still like to see him fight Barnett, Crocop again, and kharitonov and for some reason Sapp just to see how he handles him.

Here's my question. Is Fedor 2002-06 in Pride more impressive than Silva 2000-04 in Pride (Pride 10 up to Rampage II, we'll leave out the Hunt fight)? They were both undefeated in these times. The competition seems to have caught up to Wandy at least to some extent in recent years. The same thing could happen to Fedor this year and next. It seems that MMA is a sport that takes a toll on the competitors and maybe it's somewhat impossible to stay on top for more than a few years. Who knows? As Rogue said, it's a young sport and more greats will come.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Leko is like Feitosa, excellent technicians, but they lack the KO power and drive, seemingly, to take their game to a championship level.
Really? I haven't seen too much of Leko, but I remembering him ktfo Aerts hard.

It seems like a lot of the same big names have been around for many years in K-1.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
lol at Rogue, Alex and Savage. This is one hillariously off-topic thread.

I'd put Fedor at the greatest of all-time. He's too well rounded and mentally strong (although, the Hunt fight was a little wierd). I'd still like to see him fight Barnett, Crocop again, and kharitonov and for some reason Sapp just to see how he handles him.

Here's my question. Is Fedor 2002-06 in Pride more impressive than Silva 2000-04 in Pride (his first fight in Pride up to Rampage II, we'll leave out the Hunt fight)? They were both undefeated in these times. The competition seems to have caught up to Wandy at least to some extent in recent years. The same thing could happen to Fedor this year and next. It seems that MMA is a sport that takes a toll on the competitors and maybe it's somewhat impossible to stay on top for more than a few years. Who knows? As Rogue said, it's a young sport and more greats will come.
I like your list of future Fedor opponents, looks perfect to me. I'd love to see how he would handle Sapp. Wand obviously has had a great career, but IMO he faced much easier competition than Fedor. Fedor fought Schilt, Herring, Nog, Fujita, Goodridge, Coleman, Randleman, Ogawa, Noguiera, Mirko, Coleman II, and Hunt, almost all top 10 HW when he fought them. Wand fought Mezger,Henderson, Saku, a good amount of cans, Saku 2 more times, Yoshida twice, Rampage twice, Arona twice, Nakamura, Hunt, Fujita, and then a devastating loss to Mirko. Not to mention losing to Vitor and Tito early in his career, and a legitimate loss to Arona which he did redeem(sort of). Both great fighters, but Fedor is perfection so far.

I noticed you said up until Rampage II. That makes it a closer call, but Wand did have those early losses to Vitor and Tito which is a major blemish. I think Wand is top 5 all time(13-14 years)though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
For the new guy that started the thread, we are not normally crackheads, we usually stay on topic, please don't run away.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I noticed you said up until Rampage II. That makes it a closer call, but Wand did have those early losses to Vitor and Tito which is a major blemish. I think Wand is top 5 all time(13-14 years)though.
Yeah, I really meant just his Pride fights after the Ortiz loss. Trying to compare two eras in fighters careers (Fedor has no doubt had a better career).

Wandy************************
Legitimate victories: Mezger, Henderson, Saku x 3, Yoshida, Rampage x 2
ehh victories: Kondo
Cans: Oyama, Otsuka, Tamura, Iwasaki, Kanehara, Minowa
Other : NC to Yvel, draw to CC that is more of a victory but CC was new to MMA

Fedor*************************
Legitimate Victories: Schilt, Herring, Nog x 2, Crocop, Hunt, Coleman I, Randlaman, Fujita, TK
ehhh victories: Coleman II
Cans: Valavicius (Rings 2003), Goodridge, Nagata, Ogawa, Zulu
Other: NC to Nog

Not sure if Fujita, Randleman, TK belong at Legit Victories or ehh victories at those points in their careers?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I really meant just his Pride fights after the Ortiz loss. Trying to compare two eras in fighters careers (Fedor has no doubt had a better career).

Wandy************************
Legitimate victories: Mezger, Henderson, Saku x 3, Yoshida, Rampage x 2
ehh victories: Kondo
Cans: Oyama, Otsuka, Tamura, Iwasaki, Kanehara, Minowa
Other : NC to Yvel, draw to CC that is more of a victory but CC was new to MMA

Fedor*************************
Legitimate Victories: Schilt, Herring, Nog x 2, Crocop, Hunt, Coleman I, Randlaman, Fujita, TK
ehhh victories: Coleman II
Cans: Valavicius (Rings 2003), Goodridge, Nagata, Ogawa, Zulu
Other: NC to Nog

Not sure if Fujita, Randleman, TK belong at Legit Victories or ehh victories at those points in their careers?
Nog******************************
Legit Victories: Coleman, Herring, Sapp, Schilt, Crocop, Herring again, Kharitonov, Nastula, Werdum, Barnett
ehhh victories: Goodridge, Rico(draw imo), Hendo
Cans: Kikuta, Yokoi, Tamura, Zulu, Enson
Other: 2 losses to Fedor, 1-1 with Barnett, plus a few decent wins in Rings before Pride.
*One thing about Nog is that a lot of wins are not decisive like Wand/Fedor. Ricco, Kharitonov, Werdum, and Barnett were all pretty much draws imo.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Nog******************************
Legit Victories: Coleman, Herring, Sapp, Schilt, Crocop, Herring again, Kharitonov, Nastula, Werdum, Barnett
ehhh victories: Goodridge, Rico(draw imo), Hendo
Cans: Kikuta, Yokoi, Tamura, Zulu, Enson
Other: 2 losses to Fedor, 1-1 with Barnett, plus a few decent wins in Rings before Pride.
*One thing about Nog is that a lot of wins are not decisive like Wand/Fedor. Ricco, Kharitonov, Werdum, and Barnett were all pretty much draws imo.
Yeah, Nog got desroyed even in some of his victories. He's the toughest SOB out there. He's up there career-wise, though.

Do you think that there were top MW fighters in the Wand era who weren't getting a shot at him? Overeem and Lil Nog were pretty new. Arona and Randleman only had a few fights as well and got beat by Rampage.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Nog got desroyed even in some of his victories. He's up there career-wise, though.

Do you think that there were top MW fighters in the Wand era who weren't getting a shot at him? Overeem and Lil Nog were pretty new. Arona and Randleman only had a few fights as well and got beat by Rampage.
Not that I can think of. The HW division IMO was just a little bit deeper then the MW's.

I can't believe as of right now only 56% of the people that voted think Fedor is the best MMA fighter of all time. I'd love for them to chime in with whom might be better. Liddell, Couture, Hughes, they're great, but come on now.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ajfrfghtr, firefighter2032, lifter2005, Rogue Drone

Need to be doin' some good ol' fashion justificatin'

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
ajfrfghtr, firefighter2032, lifter2005, Rogue Drone

Need to be doin' some good ol' fashion justificatin'
Rogue is either scenile or most likely completely joking. As for the other 3, my guess is they've seen very little of Pride and most likely MMA altogether. That mini insult might engage them to do some justificatin.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nearest I can tell Rogue thought this was a poll on Apple Sauce, and whether it is good with sprinkled cinnamon sugar or not.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
You two need to stop picking on the crazy smelly old guy, jas, who's just trying to flap his gums around soft foods and forum chitchat.

Don't make me go all Sir Savage and S**t on your asses, I'll make you wash your dirty little mouths out with some industrial strength exnihlo, beat you brats like a redheaded stepRodja.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did I get dragged into this madness (even though it is highly entertaining)?? I would like to hear the others reasons for voting against Fedor, however.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Old Rogue gets a little cranky when he doesn't get the respect he deserves since he's been around the UFC since day one. That's right, Rogue is none other than the Polar Bear himself, Paul Varelans. His big awkward size over technique style would lead to many other greats that we see today such as Tim "Vanilla Love Pudding" Sylvia, Gan "The Man" McGee and Gianto Silva. Thanks to Rogue we get to see Sylvia jab his way through another title defense. Old glass jaw Crocop better watch out. War Polar Bear!!!!!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Old Rogue gets a little cranky when he doesn't get the respect he deserves since he's been around the UFC since day one. That's right, Rogue is none other than the Polar Bear himself, Paul Varelans. His big awkward size over technique style would lead to many other greats that we see today such as Tim "Vanilla Love Pudding" Sylvia, Gan "The Man" McGee and Gianto Silva. Thanks to Rogue we get to see Sylvia jab his way through another title defense. Old glass jaw Crocop better watch out. War Polar Bear!!!!!!
I will be sure to practice my leg kicks in case I ever have to handle Rogue/Polar Bear. Oh, and if you ever come hunting for me Rogue, please wear that sexy unitard thing.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree, he is one of my fav. fighters and is a rock. Ive shown clips to others who disagree and their responses are mainly that he has no style. He doesnt jump kick, grab, flip, and spin 5 times around before doin a kick backflip thereafter. I guess sum ppl only look for that 'entertainment' kind of stuff when rating a fighter. Personally between fedor and crocrop, i think they are the best. I think im goin to start enjoyin crocrop more now hes goin to ufc, hence hell have more targets and televised viewing o n normal television. lol at least when crocrop was in pride, fedor pretty much was the onlyy one to sare the shiite outta him, so nows hes in ufc, lol, its gonna be like a turkey shoot.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree, he is one of my fav. fighters and is a rock. Ive shown clips to others who disagree and their responses are mainly that he has no style. He doesnt jump kick, grab, flip, and spin 5 times around before doin a kick backflip thereafter. I guess sum ppl only look for that 'entertainment' kind of stuff when rating a fighter. Personally between fedor and crocrop, i think they are the best. I think im goin to start enjoyin crocrop more now hes goin to ufc, hence hell have more targets and televised viewing o n normal television. lol at least when crocrop was in pride, fedor pretty much was the onlyy one to sare the shiite outta him, so nows hes in ufc, lol, its gonna be like a turkey shoot.
Wow, you would really rather see Cro-cop fight easy opponents than difficult ones? Thats beyond me. I don't understand how anyone thinks Fedor is not exciting. To me he is not only by far the best fighter in the world, but also the most exciting. Lightning hands, great knees and kicks to the body, exciting throws, shocking ground n pound, slick submissions, an amazing aura, what more could you ask for. Personally I hang from the mans nuts.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Wow, you would really rather see Cro-cop fight easy opponents than difficult ones? Thats beyond me. I don't understand how anyone thinks Fedor is not exciting. To me he is not only by far the best fighter in the world, but also the most exciting. Lightning hands, great knees and kicks to the body, exciting throws, shocking ground n pound, slick submissions, an amazing aura, what more could you ask for. Personally I hang from the mans nuts.
lol, no i agree with u about fedor, i meant thats what 'others' would say about him. As far as crocrop, i should have explained more. UFC doenst have anyone tuff enough to stand up to him, therefore it'll be easy. Chances are hell fuk with all of them, make it exciting, but most importantly there will prob. be more fights for him, than compared to fedors. With him stateside im sure this will affect a more frequent viewing, as with pride, its ppv or fs south recaps only.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
GSP and Cro Cop's recent failures suggest, to me, how amazingly consistent Fedor is. ****er's a machine that slows but never skips, yet, it's just too bad that Alexander Karelin was around before MMA was today's big deal.