Evc

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anybody catch the showtime promo of EXC? I guess they are promoting a Frank Shamrock vs. Renzo Gracie fight feb 10th. on showtime.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Brandon Vera is rumored to be leaving the UFC to join up with this promotion...

Do you think Frank will actually do this fight? He's supposedly fighting Baroni in April as well.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Brandon Vera is rumored to be leaving the UFC to join up with this promotion...

Do you think Frank will actually do this fight? He's supposedly fighting Baroni in April as well.

Well they actually had the figher up a talking about it on the promo in front of the media. They were representing EXC. Noticed I made a mistake on the title.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
EliteXC

Frank Shamrock vs. Renzo Gracie
David Loiseau vs. Joey Villasenor
Antonio Silva vs. Wes "Cabbage" Correira
Charles Bennett vs. K.J. Noons
Gina Carano vs. TBA

Javier Vazquez vs. Adriano Periera
Mike Pyle vs. Ross Ebanez
John Shackelford vs. Edson Berto
Bo Cantrell vs. Tim Persey
Riki Fukuda vs. Seth Kleinbeck

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I've heard a lot of good things about K.J. Noons, and Bennett is always exciting. I thought Javy Vasquez had retired, cool to see him back in action. Pretty good card.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Just caught this over at MMAWeekly...

Pro Elite, Inc. presidenet Gary Shaw announced during a Wednesday conference call that Pro Elite has signed Nick Diaz to fight on their new promotion that will air on premium cable outlet Showtime.

“Nick Diaz is signed under a contract to EliteXC,” stated Shaw. Diaz is currently the #9 Welterweight in the MMAWeekly Rankings.

Diaz’ manager, Cesar Gracie, confirmed the signing saying, “We hope to have Nick on Showtime in May.” Falling in line with what Shaw has said in several interviews, Gracie also confirmed, “He will be able to fight in other organizations.” Diaz was victorious in the last two fights on his UFC contract.

Shaw also expressed his intention to make fighter Gina Carano a focal point of the newly formed EliteXC promotion. “I went to lunch with Gina and I told her that I want her to be the face of women’s MMA,” recounted Shaw. “She leaned over and said, ‘I heard you, but let me tell you something, I can fight.’ She will be the first woman [fighter] featured on Showtime.”

It was also revealed during the conference call that Carano’s first opponent will be Julie Kedzie, the Hook-N-Shoot Ladies Grand Prix champion.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3290&zoneid=13

size

Awards
  • Established
I did not know that Gina Carano did MMA, I thought she just did Muay Thai. Good for her and other women who train.