Who is the 'expert' in MMA?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Greetings,
I am looking to find somebody to speak at strength training event. I am unfamiliar with the MMA scene and do not know who are the big players.
Thanks!

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
I'd agree with Bas or Randy...for some reason I don't see Hughes being a great candidate for a speech. You shouldn't have much of a problem finding someone if you're located in Vegas.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for speaking ability and charisma just as much as knowledge and experience

Thanks!

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Whatever you do, do not book the current UFC Heavyweight Champion, if you're looking for an engaging personality.

Other possibilities are Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddell, there's a lot of people to potentially choose from, but those first two would be my first choices.
Apparently you havn't seen Sylvia on Blind Date:sick:

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I don't have high speed, how did Tim do on his date? I watched the first minute of it and he seems like a nice wholesome young man.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't have high speed, how did Tim do on his date? I watched the first minute of it and he seems like a nice wholesome young man.
I didn't watch the link Rogue posted, but from what I remember watching it a year ago he is a nice respectful guy, just boring as all hell. He has a certain awkwardness that is probably really hard to get past for most chicks. Wouldn't exactly call him a charmer. Long story short, the chick is dead on him pretty much immediately.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Bas Rutten
Pat Militich
Rich Franklin
Randy Couture

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'll give him credit, he's been winning when I think he will lose, but the chances of him still being the champion in 12/07, slim. I could be wrong, he's fooled me before.
Sylvia will always lack charisma and style in his fighting, but the dude needs to start KOing people again and stop playing the jab game. If he were humble and went for the kill like he used to (look at his wins until the last 4 or so and they're all round 1 or 2 KOs), he might build a fan base.