UFC 68: Columbus Ohio during the Arnold

tattoopierced1

he Ultimate Fighting Championship© is coming to Columbus the same weekend as the Arnold Sports Festival. What luck.

“The Arnold Sports Festival is pleased to welcome 18,000 devoted UFC fans to Nationwide Arena on Saturday, March 3 to coincide with our annual Weekend. The incredible momentum of the UFC will add tremendous energy and excitement to the city of Columbus and the Arnold Sports Festival.” - Jim Lorimer

UFC® : Ultimate Fighting Championship®

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ohio has a double weigh in system where fighters weigh in as usual the night before and then again 8 hours before the fight. They must be no more than 10 pounds heavier in the second weighin. This could hurt some of these guys.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ohio has a double weigh in system where fighters weigh in as usual the night before and then again 8 hours before the fight. They must be no more than 10 pounds heavier in the second weighin. This could hurt some of these guys.
Especially Hughes and Franklin, but I don't think anyone else on the card cuts a lot of weight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I see Franklin is fighting MacDonald. With Mac's poor srtiking and weak takedowns, I see him getting Quarried hard.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
MacDonald is in trouble with Franklin. His BJJ is great, but his standup is terrible. BTW, I know its diff. weight classes, but I bet Mac vs. Schafer would be a BJJ battle.

Rumor is that Gabriel 'Napao' Gonzaga has the title shot vs Sylvia at UFC 68. He's the guy who schooled Marrero at 66. I want to support him b/c he's local and a friend of some guys at my school, but I think it is too soon for a title shot. He only has 1 loss, and it is vs. Werdum. Supposedly it was a battle until Gonzaga gassed. I haven't seen it. His first fight in the UFC was the worst fight ever for 2 rounds. With about a minute left in the third, he KO'd Kevin Jordan w/ a superman punch. Gonzaga apologized repeatedly for his boring showing. Apparently, he took the fight on very short notice, and his infant child died just before the fight. Beyond that, we've seen him pummel Scherner and school Marrero. He's been impressive, but noone he fought is a great test. This guy has potential, but it may just be too soon.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I just noticed this combo myself. My birthday is 28 Feb and I think I know what I want now. I'm damned happy to be back in Ohio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Female Fitness 1
Aleksandar37 MMA 8