• Established
Let's hear it!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I said it in the other thread, but I wasn't too happy with where they decided to stop the Liddell/Ortiz fight. If it was to be stopped, the exchange during the first round seemed much more logical, IMHO. During that exchange during the third round Tito wasn't moving, but he was definitely intelligently defending himself, and looked to be bucking just as the stoppage was occuring. However, that also could have just seemed like that as it was pretty synchronous with the ref stepping in.

I liked Bisping in the first match, and that was great timing after the ref's warning by Arlovski. I also got a chuckle when they announced 67...The TUF boys are going to get crushed, IMO.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
keith jardine beats forrest griffin!!! albuquerque represent:dance:

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't surprised Chuck won...but was surprised it went for three rounds.

I wonder what Tito's excuse is going to be this time???

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am convinced that the only man who can defeat Chuck Norris is Chuck Liddell. The Iceman's punching is unbelievable. I want to see Anderson Silva come up to 205. No way chuck can make it down to 185.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CROCOP is all I have to say. The UFC is in for a rude awakening...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That pitbull guy that beat deSouza he was someone i would like to see more of in the UFC, striking looks top notch.

Jardine, love that guy. He straight beasted it when he saw Griffin was hurt. I knew that someone would get caught eventually.....Griffin got rained on after that. Poor guy was sobbing like a b1tch lol.

Arlovski took advantage of the situation and the other guy was just not paying attention to the hands, he was messing around with a leg lock or something and then it was lights out. Like to see him and CroCop.

Chuck vs. Tito, what can i say? I told you so?....Seemed like Tito didnt have an excuse maybe he's gonna go think of one tho'. Im sorry but Chucks the man. Looked like a backyard beating to me. I can picture Chuck and his buddies sucking em up on the porch the night before, i mean look at that beer gut lol.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Pretty entertaining card from beginning to end. A lot of one-sided beatdowns, which we all need once in awhile.

Thiago Alves...nice work. I loved it when he tossed DeSouza across the ring and just walked up to him "like what!?!"

Gonzaga completely tooled Marrero, looked like he had never been in a fight before.

I'm not sure how MacDonald stayed on his feet that long. Leben was landing a few bombs. But MacDonanld's sub game is pretty slick.

Bisping looked good. Funny watching him hunt for the KO.

Good to see Arlovski back. That was a serious bomb he landed after the warning. Pe de Pano thought it was a BJJ match and forgot about those hands...ouch.

Can't believe Jardine KO'd Forrest. Griffin was doing really well the whole round. BAM!! Vicious ground and pound. Awesome post fight interview with Forrest.

Liddell is the man. Premature stoppage. It should've been stopped in the first if it was going to end like that. Tito made it a fight though.

Overall, it was a pretty damn impressive card. However, the real lambslaughter is going to be in February.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't surprised Chuck won...but was surprised it went for three rounds.

I wonder what Tito's excuse is going to be this time???
For the first time ever I don't think he has an excuse. After the fight he said that was the best he could possibly fight. Then to make himself look not as bad he says Chuck is pound 4 pound the best fighter in the world:blink: . Chuck is probably top ten, but far from number 1.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I am convinced that the only man who can defeat Chuck Norris is Chuck Liddell. The Iceman's punching is unbelievable. I want to see Anderson Silva come up to 205. No way chuck can make it down to 185.
Anderson Silva would have very little chance against Chuck. Chuck is soooo much stronger then Anderson, and has an unbelievable ability to absorb damage. It wasn't long ago that Anderson was making 175.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Overall, Great Card!

Tito/Chuck: Chuck was very impressive. He dominated the entire fight. I dont see anyone in the UFC giving him a run for his money. Now if Crocop comes down to 205, look out. Chucks got a chin, but that damn high kick will put him out in a hurry. I think Chuck could beat him, but Id feel like Crocop was the favorite in my mind.

The Count was impressive. Im looking forward to seeing him against some tougher competition.

It freaking sucked to see Forest go down like that. I still think Forrest will be a contender. Great work ethic and plus Ive met him a few times, so Im a little biased.

As for the TUF guys, they will be destroyed. GSP will win in about 30 seconds and I dont see Travis lasting that long.

Thank God for Rampage and Crocop. The UFC guys finally get a taste of some top level pride fighters. This will be a very intersting year.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
It's going to be an intersting year, indeed! I have a question, though. Is is that Chuck made Tito look like a mediocre fighter or is it that Tito is just not that great??? Tito was shooting in from like a car's length away! I can't believe he didn't catch a knee or something. My other question is, what's next for Tito? Does he go up in weight or down? Because there are people that will whoop him good in both those scenarios. Also, I don't think that's the best he can fight like he said afterwards. I think he was too scared of Chuck's striking...and rightfully so.
As for Bisping, I think that was a great fight. He showed alot of maturity when he was in trouble. I would like to see him move to the States, though. While he's new to the UFC and whatnot (not to sound like an arm-chair trainer, although I probably will) there were lots of holes in his game and I feel like he could be a dominant force if he had the level of training that's available here. It worked out for him this time but next time, with a more experienced opponent, he may not be as lucky.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's going to be an intersting year, indeed! I have a question, though. Is is that Chuck made Tito look like a mediocre fighter or is it that Tito is just not that great??? Tito was shooting in from like a car's length away! I can't believe he didn't catch a knee or something. My other question is, what's next for Tito? Does he go up in weight or down? Because there are people that will whoop him good in both those scenarios. Also, I don't think that's the best he can fight like he said afterwards. I think he was too scared of Chuck's striking...and rightfully so.
As for Bisping, I think that was a great fight. He showed alot of maturity when he was in trouble. I would like to see him move to the States, though. While he's new to the UFC and whatnot (not to sound like an arm-chair trainer, although I probably will) there were lots of holes in his game and I feel like he could be a dominant force if he had the level of training that's available here. It worked out for him this time but next time, with a more experienced opponent, he may not be as lucky.
I would say its just that Tito is not that great. Chuck fights smart and would rarely risk throwing a knee and getting taken down. That was a good win for Bisping, Shafer is no slouch. I still think he should go down to 185 and mix it up with Anderson. God I love it when Brits talk ****, "Anybody no everybody better watch there ****ing backs". Not that great without the accent.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I think Shafer could be a promising fighter...Bisping was just that much better last night.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
If they were the same size I think Silva would definitely TKO/KO Chuck, but Chuck is too big. How about that pimp jacket A. Silva was rockin?

Bisping looked good in weathering the storm. Nice high kick. He left himself open for a lot of takedowns, though.

I knew MacDonald would win, but he didn't look too impressive. Weak takedowns and minimal standup. He'll get KOed hard if he makes it to Silva. Good subs, though.

Alves is looking good. Maybe throw him in with Koscheck?

Arlovski has got some power in those hands to rock PDP with an arm punch. The ref. pause and warning made it a little unsatisfying, though.

The stoppage may not have been perfect, but I just didn't see anything changing so it doesn't bother me. His shot were very telegraphed and these holes he saw in Chuck's game never showed themselves. Tito just isn't that great, he's good but not hall of fame great.

I didn't think Keith was much of a finsher, but that was impressive and the only fight I picked wrong.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Gonzaga vs Marello:
Gonzaga appears to be the real deal. There are so few good fighters in the HW division that it is hard to say if this was a legit test, but he can clearly strike and is a real threat on the ground. Looking forward to seeing more from him. He's also a local guy, always at the local events, so I'm a little bit biased here.

Bisping vs. Schafer:
Either Schafer is a legit BJJ fighter or Bisping is highly susceptible to subs. He ended up defending everything, but was in danger a few times. Both seem to be great additions to the LHW division. Since both are still early in their careers, it is hard to say how much of a threat either of them really is, but both seemed to live well up to expectations. Great fight.

Arlovski vs. PDP:
I really need to watch this again, b/c I was a bit stoned, but it looked like PDP was doing well until the Herb's warning. Although that was done for PDP's benefit, it was the key to AA's victory. You know that while PDP was talking AA said to himself, he'll never expect a quick right hand. And PDP only got $5G to get his head pounded into the mat. I want to see more, as PDP seems like a good addition to the HW division.

MacDonald vs. Leben:
This was a fairly mediocre fight. Leben was his typical scrappy self. He's not afraid to brawl, but is lacking in technique. MacDonald looked good at times, but he has huge holes in his game. How many times did he set up a shot with the same frickin' right cross. The next guy he fights is gonna see that vid and have a nice knee waiting for him. He needs to chill on his "contender" talk. He's good on the ground, but he looked pretty rocked by Leben a few times; that does not bode well for a bout with A. Silva.

Forrest vs. Jardine:
Forrest actually looked good for most of the fight. His skills have improved. The only thing he seemed to neglect is composure. Get yourself together man! Jardine looked good, but I think Chuck will demolish him. Jardine is not afraid to stand up and throw, and that jaw might last with Forrest, but it will not with Chuck. This one was a bit of a surprise.

Chuck vs. Tito:
I have to watch it again, but I think it was definitely a premature stop. i could have seen ending it in the first, but Tito was well protected. If it was allowed to continue, and Tito weathered that storm, Chuck would have been exhausted and we might have had a new champ.

I thought Tito looked pretty good. It just seemed that every time there Tito got hit, it looked like the fight would be over. Is Chuck that tough? Is Tito that weak? Or was it really just intimidation?

That inside leg kick seemed to be a good strategy until he caught the kneecap. That pain is excruciating. He did it too much w/o changing his setup. I'm guessing Chuck set him up for that shin to knee.

With the exception of Chuck/Tito, seemed like this was the night of late stops instead of early. A lot of guys took a lot of shots when they where already clearly defenseless...Forrest, PDP, DeSouza

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, just noticed that was an obnoxiously long post.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
For the first time ever I don't think he has an excuse. After the fight he said that was the best he could possibly fight. Then to make himself look not as bad he says Chuck is pound 4 pound the best fighter in the world:blink: . Chuck is probably top ten, but far from number 1.
I think he's closer to 1 then he gets credit for.

m88tow

Awards
Lidell and Ortiz fight def. was stopped too early IMO. I think Tito could have stuck in there for a little longer seeing as he was still defending himself. Even if they would'nt have stopped it so soon I think that the outcome would have still been the same.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn Tootin'. Mirko Filipovic is the equivalent of a good NFL player showing up in a college game.

The UFC's Marketing tag of "Most dangerous MMA fighter in the World"? almost, but not the right Slav on that one.
I think one could argue that Mirko imposes more physical danger to his opponents than Fedor; however, Fedor is obviously the better fighter.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I just watched a few of Bisping's fights in the U.K., and he really needs to change up that LHK. It works sometimes, but he gets taken down all the time with it, and he doesn't seem to have KO power with it (not surprising--it's his lead foot). If it weren't for the LHK, I'm not sure that Schafer would have gotten him on the ground at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jas123 MMA 20
LakeMountD MMA 57
MMA 71
Beowulf MMA 41
exnihilo MMA 40