Tito-Chuck Poll

Who win, Tito or Chuck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I picked Chuck, but I do think Tito has a good chance of winning. If Tito can get past the second round it will be looking very good for him. With that said Chuck by KO 1st round. Oh, and Rampage is fighting Eastman in Feb, that card is looking good so far. Can't wait to see Rampage/Liddell 2.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that it is only a matter of time before Randy has another fights so that news isn't realy surprising.

But to stay on topic, I am picking Liddell by KO in Round 3. Ortiz can't be dumb enough to try to trade with Chuck for the whole fight, but he will get caught a few times during his shots.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
chuck has it in the bag as long as hes prepaired and not thinking it going to be a cakewalk. My son is pulling for Tito he aslo pulls for everyone in team punishment. I think everyone new Randy would make a come back, geting old and retireing must be a bi**h oh well cant wait for the fight

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Tito has a chance, but I think Chuck will take it. I expect a good fight. KO in Rd 3

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im going for Chuck but i think it could really go either way, it just depends on who comes in with the right state of mind on that day. Someone was saying that they heard something about Chuck getting paid of by the mob or something to lose the fight? im not sure

What are the other fights scheduled?

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I'm pulling for Tito, just because I never thought Matt Hughes would lose, so anything is possible, if Tito doesn't beat chuck now, we'll have to wait on Rampage to become #1 205# contender in UFC he is coming!!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Im going for Chuck but i think it could really go either way, it just depends on who comes in with the right state of mind on that day. Someone was saying that they heard something about Chuck getting paid of by the mob or something to lose the fight? im not sure

What are the other fights scheduled?
Arlovski/Pe de Pano
Griffin/Jardine
Bisping/Schaefer
Leben/Mcdonald.............
and some pretty decent prelim bouts, should be good.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
If chuck can still pop up after a takedown like he used to when people still could take him down tito really has no chance, it is just a matter of time.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I'm pulling for Chuck, it's strange because I usually prefer the grappling game better but I like Chuck for his personality. He doesn't brag doesn't boast, the most you see out of him for celebration is his one round trip around the ring and then it's done. Tito is just too cocky for me to enjoy.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
ive been waiting to see Bisping fight again the dude has all the tools he just needs a couple of wars to prove hes solid and the cat was funny as hell in tuf he could be the next big thing.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
ive been waiting to see Bisping fight again the dude has all the tools he just needs a couple of wars to prove hes solid and the cat was funny as hell in tuf he could be the next big thing.
I like Bisping a lot, but I think he should move to 185. Schaefer is no joke, so this will be a good test for 'The Count'.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The last ufc sucked ass to me. But I give it to chuckster 2nd round ko.
Are you talking about 65, where GSP dethroned Hughes? I think that was the best card in a very long time :think:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
More Tito votes than I was expecting, but I agree he does have a chance, maybe 30% in my opinion. I'd like to see Tito clinch with him and go for the takedown. When he picked up Shammy in the clinch I was blown away by how strong he was, so it's a possibility. But I also think back to his last 4 fights and he really hasn't done anything that impressive in them. We'll see.

Happy Holidays.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pulling for Chuck, it's strange because I usually prefer the grappling game better but I like Chuck for his personality. He doesn't brag doesn't boast, the most you see out of him for celebration is his one round trip around the ring and then it's done. Tito is just too cocky for me to enjoy.
I second that, To cocky for me, some guys like cocky athletes/fighters, in MMA i cant stand it. Let your actions speak.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about 65, where GSP dethroned Hughes? I think that was the best card in a very long time :think:
Agreed, if he didn't like 65 he would've despised most of 2005 in the UFC.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That was a good fight gsp and houghs, but the other fights sucked. I really want tito to win jus cuz I'm tired of liddel's weird punching ass, but I don't want to see tito cocky ass win and talk **** all day. Although in halo 2 I tend to win and talk **** all day haha, but to much is to much.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
GSP/Hughes was great (for GSP fans :D ), but McFedries vs Sakara, Vera vs. Mir, and Irvin vs. Ramirez were all very entertaining too. I missed the rest, except Sylvia vs Monson, which sucked as much as we all predicted.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I thought 65 was one of the more solid cards that UFC has put on in awhile. I am looking forward to this one, and think it may rest on how much Tito can curb his ego. If Tito chases he is done. Chuck-K0-RD2

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More Tito votes than I was expecting, but I agree he does have a chance, maybe 30% in my opinion. I'd like to see Tito clinch with him and go for the takedown. When he picked up Shammy in the clinch I was blown away by how strong he was, so it's a possibility. But I also think back to his last 4 fights and he really hasn't done anything that impressive in them. We'll see.

Happy Holidays.
I was going to say something to that effect. IMO, Tito has not had a truly challenging match in quite some time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tito hasn't had an impressive win since he beat Tanner. Many think that he lost to Vitor(myself included) and he has seldom beaten elite competition, assuming you think that Wandy was at an elite level when they fought.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Rogue i tottally agree with your entire post :goodpost: reps..
Chuck has knockout power in both hands, while hes backing up. If tito is gonna win hes going to have to do what noone has done since couture-liddell 1, and thats put chuck on his back. But chuck is no slouch when it comes to wrestling and has not been challenged in this way much, note hes not in the gym striking all day he knows his wrestling and ground and pound as well. I give tito a slight edge on the ground but if he takes chuck down too close to the end of the round he could be introuble when they get back up. If tito decideds to stand up with chuck ie. sobral then hell get beat handily. I think titi has a big mouth and all hype aside to me hes a punk and will get a beating.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The thing with Ortiz is how much of his public persona is personal and organizational enhancing Showman, and how much is a real "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" personality?

Tito has had excuses for his last few fights, on eye pokes and injuries, his time to put up or shut up is here, as he now claims to be the best fighter and shape of his life.

I think the thing about UFC 65 leaving a boring overall impression in people's minds was the Sylvia_Monson Snoozer.

Say what you will about Tito, and I will too as well, he has more charima and personality in his right arm than Sylvia has in his entire oversized oafish body.
I disagree completely, and think that Sylvia should have a stand-up comedy showdown against Dave Chapelle:twisted:

tattoopierced1

I gotta go with Tito on this one... If Tito can get inside with Chuck and grab hold of him, then its over, he'll just have to take a few knocks on the way in to get ahold of him...

I enjoy both fighters, so that is taking nothing away from Chuck, I just think most people are writing Tito off too soon... Lets hope dating Jenna hasnt interrupted his training at all...

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Tito hasn't had an impressive win since he beat Tanner. Many think that he lost to Vitor(myself included) and he has seldom beaten elite competition, assuming you think that Wandy was at an elite level when they fought.
Yeah, I guess his only big wins were against Mezger, a young Wandy, Tanner, and a questionable decision to Vitor.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta go with Tito on this one... If Tito can get inside with Chuck and grab hold of him, then its over, he'll just have to take a few knocks on the way in to get ahold of him...

I enjoy both fighters, so that is taking nothing away from Chuck, I just think most people are writing Tito off too soon... Lets hope dating Jenna hasnt interrupted his training at all...
Tito is not nearly the wrestlet that Randy is and Randy could not keep Chuck down so I have a hard believing that Tito will be able to effectively GnP Chuck. The reason many are writing off Tito is because his strength is not effective against Liddell and he does not have the striking ability to trade strikes.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rogue Drone again.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Chuck Rd2 KO...though I'm pulling for Tito. I'd like to see the title change hands soon.

Looking forward to seeing Bisping as well. He seems to have mad skills but he's a bit on the cocky side as well which could lead to a mistake.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Rampage, cro crop, wandy would love to see how much smack tito could talk to them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage, cro crop, wandy would love to see how much smack tito could talk to them.
We may see a guest appearance by Rampage on Saturyday and some are saying that CC may pop-up. It has been confirmed that CC is fighting in Vegas in February, but for which org is still up in the air.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I didnt expect all the boos for chuck at the weigh in. you have to love this fight different styles and personalitys. chuck intense as hell tito cocky and smileing this is Ali v/s Fraiser MMA style

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Tito actually did better than I thought he would, but chuck is the man! I really think on the right night he could beat any light-heavy in the world(not every night, but he sure can kick some ass)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the fight were to be stopped it should have came during the first round exchange, the stoppage it ended on was questionable. Tito wasn't moving, however he was intelligently protecting himself; most of Chuck's shots were hitting upper arm.

All in all though, I thought it was a pretty decent card. Bisping showed alot of promise, overcoming some apparent early nerves to take Shafer down. I think Jardine dismantled Griffin pretty throoughly. Though Griffin did look like he tightened his striking as he wasn't throwing so many looping, wild shots and was throwing tight jabs up the middle instead.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the fight were to be stopped it should have came during the first round exchange, the stoppage it ended on was questionable. Tito wasn't moving, however he was intelligently protecting himself; most of Chuck's shots were hitting upper arm.

All in all though, I thought it was a pretty decent card. Bisping showed alot of promise, overcoming some apparent early nerves to take Shafer down. I think Jardine dismantled Griffin pretty throoughly. Though Griffin did look like he tightened his striking as he wasn't throwing so many looping, wild shots and was throwing tight jabs up the middle instead.
Agreeable post.

I did like this UFC although i didnt get to watch the fights after the main event, all the fights before were pretty entertaining from what i saw. Loved the Jardine Griffin fight, I always like the Jardine cat.

tattoopierced1

i agree with the questionable stoppage in the 3rd.. if anything it should have been in the first. I think the Arlovski fight was a bit BS too when the ref was talking to both fighters on the ground, you could see Andrei looking to pick out his shot while the other guy was listening to the ref...

the next PPV looks awesome too... Rampage and Cro Cop...I cant wait. Looks like Chuck and Sylvia might not have their belts for very long...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know about the next UFC.....seems like they will be fighting some pretty scrubby guys. I wont order it, but wait i never ordered any of them lol i just go to a friends house and watch it on his 60"+ inch tv haha. I can see Cro Crop making short work of sylvia just by leg kicks.

tattoopierced1

they are giving them easy fights to introduce them to the US fan base that hasnt heard of them...and trust me there are alot of UFC fans who have no idea who they are...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are giving them easy fights to introduce them to the US fan base that hasnt heard of them...and trust me there are alot of UFC fans who have no idea who they are...
just saw the card looks like these to debut fights are going to be smaller fights the main one being Serra vs. St Pierre! looks good actually.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
so who will chuck have to beat next to prove hes the greatest at 205 wandy, rampage,? Or has he established himself as the greatest?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
rampage I guess...and I seriously doubt chuck will beat him.
I'd probably root for Rampage, but he is not the same fighter now that he was when he beat Chuck. Chute boxe really took the fight out of him IMO. I'd pick Chuck if money were on the line.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
In the octagon chuck can definately beat rampage, but either could win on any given night, but the fight I would like to see would be tito and rampage just to see who would get the first and best takedowns. I actually think tito could win that fight because he's better giving out punishment on top than rampage although rampage defiantly has the more powerful slams, but tito is no slouch either, I'm pretty sure I remeber him knocking someone out with a slam also.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that was Evan Tanner that you're thinking of.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that was tanner, I'm pretty sure he knocked him out cold. Alexander, do you think tito could stop a rampage takedown? Randy took him down really easily, but his takedown and rampages are totally different. Randy has the ultimate technical takedowns, and rampage is just pure power.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Rampage would try to take Tito down, but I imagine he could by throwing some combos and then shooting. I doubt they'll ever fight as they've been friends a long time, but you never know. That would be a very good fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'd probably root for Rampage, but he is not the same fighter now that he was when he beat Chuck. Chute boxe really took the fight out of him IMO. I'd pick Chuck if money were on the line.
Agree 100%.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I read an interview where Rampage said he would not fight Tito. If it were to happen, I think Rampage would own Tito. Rampage's wrestling is underrated. In his guest appearance on Bas' Big DVD's of Combat, you see that he is in fact technical.

It is hard to say which Rampage we'll see in the Octagon. He definitely had a tough run at the end of his Pride run, but he could bounce back. I certainly hope he will. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he adapts well to a Tito style GNP. Rampage's power is ridiculous, so I think he will finish those takedowns on Chuck.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read an interview where Rampage said he would not fight Tito. If it were to happen, I think Rampage would own Tito. Rampage's wrestling is underrated. In his guest appearance on Bas' Big DVD's of Combat, you see that he is in fact technical.

It is hard to say which Rampage we'll see in the Octagon. He definitely had a tough run at the end of his Pride run, but he could bounce back. I certainly hope he will. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he adapts well to a Tito style GNP. Rampage's power is ridiculous, so I think he will finish those takedowns on Chuck.
I agree. I also feel the octagon will be more beneficial for Rampage as opposed to a detriment. As you alluded to his power is retarded and I imagine he could throw some sick slams out of a clinch up against the fence. The cage could actually be a good thing for his game.

On the UFC 67, the title fights are a joke, IMO. The only question is who will be beaten worse Lutter or Serra..

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I think chuck will beat rampage, hes got knock out power and knockouts win fights. Rampage isnt a submission expert and i think thats what ist going to take to beat chuck. Tito has a big mouth "I dont care about the title i just wanna kick chucks ass" I loved seing him cry. Thanks for the $20 you made me titty ortiz.