UFN discussion thread

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Karo really improved his striking. He was landing that right a lot. Fickett's got a good chin just to take them all. Fickett did a good job of avoiding the judo throws. This fight sort of strengthens the argument agianst elbows when one little elbow from the bottom can almost end a fight.

Joslin did a good job of neutralizing Kos, but Kos' takedowns are just too good.

Diego looked good again. I thought he might eventually get caught on his feet, but it was the other way around. He really went for the kill.

It was good overall show IMO and the Marines definitely got into it. I'd like to see more of Fickett and Joslin. The UFC seems to have some serious talent at WW.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I liked the Diego Riggs fight. The rest of the matches were kind of predictable and boring.
I'm glad a couple guys from my area the twin cities won. They were the undercard and didn't get shown, which kind of sucks I really wanted to see them, but oh well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Karo and, I hate to say it, Diego looked very impressive, but I gained the most respect for Drew Fickett. He showed huge huevos in that bloody-ass fight.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
The Karo fight was quite impressive. Fickett has one helluva chin, jesus christ. Karo was landing some bombs. I second the elbow comment as well. Fickett must have been training with KenFlo. And Diego Sanchez, wow. Much to my dismay, this guy just continues to impress. Could we see Diego/BJ Penn the same night Hughes/St Pierre III??

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I missed most of the event b/c my ****ing DVR isn't working right, so I didn't see Karo, but from what I remember, he throws arm punches. Maybe they've improved, but that may be the reason that Ficket kept getting caught w/o too much damage. I talking out of my arse, b/c I didn't see the fight last night.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
deigo is a beast, i know he is working on his stand up but his throws are off the chart i hope he utlizes more of his judo. And i hope is the last time carter fights.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
deigo is a beast, i know he is working on his stand up but his throws are off the chart i hope he utlizes more of his judo. And i hope is the last time carter fights.
I think you might be confused, Karo is the one with good throws/judo. And I have to agree with you on the carter thing.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Marcus Davis, who beat Carter, is a local guy. I missed the fight, but I heard he owned it start to finish. He posted on our local MMA site and said that he broke his thumb in the first and had to be cautious. Maybe he would have pummeled away w/o the injury.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I think Diego against BJ and Karo against Koscheck would be interesting matches since Hughes is now tied up with the GSP III fight.

Diego's with a good team now.

Attachments

size

Awards
  • Established
Sanchez vs Riggs - Nice knee but that was about it. Not really impressive to me.

Koscheck has great takedowns; he shot one double leg from about 10 feet away and got it down. His finishing sucks, no attempts at submissions and little damage caused.

Last edited:
Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sanchez vs Riggs - Nice knee but that was about it. Not really impressive to me.

Koscheck has great takedowns; he shot one double leg from about 10 feet away and got it down. He finishing sucks, no attempts at submissions and little damage caused.
I pretty much agree with you about Kos, but Joslin's guard was pretty good

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think Diego against BJ and Karo against Koscheck would be interesting matches since Hughes is now tied up with the GSP III fight.

Diego's with a good team now.
Is that picture real? If so, Diego is more than just weird.

size

Awards
  • Established
I pretty much agree with you about Kos, but Joslin's guard was pretty good
Joslin's guard was excellent. UFC should sign him to more fights as he really performed rather well in my opinion. Oddly, I was more impressed by his skills than Koscheck's yet Joslin lost.

Last edited:
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
About Diego's knee, a guy from my school pointed out that he probably wasn't really concerned with whether or not Riggs was grounded, that he would just take the penalty and say woops, not intentional.

dito

Awards
  • Established
I wish Karo would of landed some more judo throws. The ones he landed on sanchez when he lost were bad assed.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What's with Riggs? I know this guy went into the match with Diego with a 28-8 MMA record but isn't he about a .500 in the UFC? Seems to get a lot of fights when others with that kinda record get dropped.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Not sure why Riggs gets so many chances. I guess they believe he has huge potential, but it hasn't seemed to pan out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VolcomX311 MMA 9
TheMouth MMA 32
TheMouth MMA 21
Beowulf MMA 15
jas123 MMA 34