Just Something To Check Out

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
yeah i saw this last night. wasnt much to it other than an introduction for people who have no clue about mma. It is crazy to think though that Dana White and his group bought the UFC for 2 million and now its worth in the 100's of millions.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It is crazy to think though that Dana White and his group bought the UFC for 2 million and now its worth in the 100's of millions.
Damn that's crazy. I wish it was publicly traded.

Did they portray MMA in a good way?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It wasn't too critical. The typical questions about violence were asked. Renzo sounded like a bit of a whackjob telling the interviewer the pleasure he got out of hearing his ligaments popping when Sakuraba caught him in a kimura. Overall, 60 min. didn't seem to go into this with an agenda wrought with preconceived notions. They probably recognize the inevitability of the continued growth of MMA.

Dana made his argument about the NFL being worse than MMA, and the reporter actually discussed the research stating that MMA fighters suffer less head trauma than boxers.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, the poll on the CBS site has 84% saying it isn't too violent.

BTW, it didn't show too much, but there were clips of the Tank/Matua fight. It was used to discuss the early days, but some people aren't too bright and they overgeneralize the brutality, when it is doubtful that we'd see a beatdown that looks so streetfight-like in contemporary MMA.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
good looking out i missed the 60 mins segment nice to see some Na. network exposure. And when tank kocked out matua was sick i still have it tape from back in the day

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Tried to watch it earlier...firefox kept crashing.:(