Crocop to sign with UFC

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I don't think they've announced this yet, but I heard the UFC signed Crocop for a 3 fight 6 million dollar deal. The guy who told me didn't say where he heard it from, but I do know he trains with Sean Sherk. So maybe he got some inside info.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:jaw:
I will have to look into this, but I didn't think I would ever see this.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Would be very interesting, if true.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a rumor that has been floating around for a while and until I see an official announcement from Crocop, UFC, and PRIDE I won't believe any internet announcments.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
The story on this, last I heard, hearsay to hearsay; is that this started as a Sherdog posting from someone who claimed to overhear an conversation at a UFC regarding an offer to be made to Mirko, then a Croatian newspaper picked it up as a story, and later Mirko confirmed to a TV crew that he had been made an offer, for much less than the poster and the news report had stated, but that, at that time, no deal had been made.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
I highly doubt that CroCop would make 2 million per fight in the UFC. However, CroCop did admit that he has been offered a contract to the UFC as well as another organization in the US.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I highly doubt that CroCop would make 2 million per fight in the UFC. However, CroCop did admit that he has been offered a contract to the UFC as well as another organization in the US.
He could make that once the PPV% is added into the equation. The payouts are not very accurate when it comes to how much they make (e.g. GSP made over $500k for his last fight and got a hummer).

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He could make that once the PPV% is added into the equation. The payouts are not very accurate when it comes to how much they make (e.g. GSP made over $500k for his last fight and got a hummer).
Who gave him the hummer, Dana White or Jenna Jameson?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Jenna gave GSP the Anaconda Choke but Tito's the only one that gets to ground and pound her these days, Blut.

These rumors have been all over the internet, and CC is supposed to make his decision today. Personally, I think CC will want another shot at Fedor before leaving Pride and he probably won't get one until at least May, but then again I don't know ****.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a rumor that has been floating around for a while and until I see an official announcement from Crocop, UFC, and PRIDE I won't believe any internet announcments.
Damn, I remember hearing about this before. I thought this was something new and didn't realize it was in reference to the old buzz.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It doesn't help that Dana is always saying that he has a major deal in the works whenever he is in an interview. IF, and I mean if, any of the major PRIDE HW's come to the US, it will probably be from their second-tier of fighters (e.g Kharitonov, Zentsov, Werdum). I just don't think that most of the major HW would be willing to take the pay cut from the UFC.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kharitonov could be interesting to see in the UFC.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kharitonov could be interesting to see in the UFC.
Kharitonov would wreck the UFC. The guy is a beast, end of discussion...
Actually he is not the smartest fighter as anyone who saw his fight with Aleks can attest.

size

Awards
  • Established
The addition of just about any Pride HW would be a big step for the UFC and change the division.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Some Croatian guy posted this on sherdog.
Hi,

here is the link www.vecernji-list.hr

It says basically what mmaweekly said, that he cannot fight on new years eve cos he doesnt want to risk that his operated foot doesnt heal and get worse.

Furthermore it states that CroCop is on the most likely way of joining the american arenas (UFC) and leaving Pride.
This newspaper is the biggest selling in Croatia and they won't write it for no reason.

Sorry for a new CroCop thread but thats the newest of him from the biggest selling newspaper.

Don't know if it's true, but damn the UFC may be doing some serious expanding.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some Croatian guy posted this on sherdog.
Hi,

here is the link www.vecernji-list.hr

It says basically what mmaweekly said, that he cannot fight on new years eve cos he doesnt want to risk that his operated foot doesnt heal and get worse.

Furthermore it states that CroCop is on the most likely way of joining the american arenas (UFC) and leaving Pride.
This newspaper is the biggest selling in Croatia and they won't write it for no reason.

Sorry for a new CroCop thread but thats the newest of him from the biggest selling newspaper.

Don't know if it's true, but damn the UFC may be doing some serious expanding.
So he is off of the NYE card? Damn, that means both CC and Fedor are off now.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
So he is off of the NYE card? Damn, that means both CC and Fedor are off now.
Is Fedor off the card for sure? I saw it was posted on his website forum, but I've yet to see it confirmed or mentioned by any mma news outlet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is Fedor off the card for sure? I saw it was posted on his website forum, but I've yet to see it confirmed or mentioned by any mma news outlet.
MMAweeklyis reporting that Fedor is off because of a broken big-toe. I think Fedor is very close to retirement because he is accumulating injuries at a very fast rate. It will be a sad day for MMA when he decides to stop fighting, but I am sure he will continue to grapple.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Well, it appears to be official. Goodbye Big Tim. I can't wait to see his leg snap like Yoshida's.

Advertising at Sherdog.com
Reigning PRIDE Open-Weight Grand Prix champion Mirko Filipovic has apparently decided to bolster the ranks of the UFC heavyweight division, a source inside the Croatian's camp informed Sherdog.com Wednesday.

Rumors have buzzed of Filipovic's departure from PRIDE since his official Web site reported in recent days that he would not fight on the Japanese promoter's year-end card.

Filipovic, the No. 2 heavyweight in the world behind PRIDE champion Fedor Emelianenko, would make an immediate impact on a division that has long been considered among the weakest in the UFC. Terms are not known, but it's expected Fillipovic, 32, could sign one of the most expensive multi-fight deals in UFC history.

A former K-1 star, "Cro Cop" moved from kickboxing to mixed martial arts in 2001, and has since amassed in impressive 21-4-2 record. His biggest accomplishment in MMA occurred just last September, when the Fighter of the Year candidate stopped Wanderlei Silva and Josh Barnett on the same night to capture PRIDE's Grand Prix crown.

It was believed tournament victory would secure Filipovic a second crack at Emelianenko, whom the Croatian lost to by decision in epic August 2005 clash.

Filipovic's four losses have come against Emelianenko, former K-1 World Grand Prix champion Mark Hunt, a shocking knockout against former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman and by submission in a classic battle against former PRIDE heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

"Cro Cop" is renowned for his striking skills, which features a devastating left high kick that is responsible for highlight-reel victories against the likes of Silva, Igor Vovchanchyn and Aleksander Emelianenko.

The super-striker would immediately vault to the top of the contender list for Tim Sylvia's UFC heavyweight belt, should the "Maine-iac," who is currently renegotiating his contract with the Las Vegas-based promoter, remain with the organization.

There has been some discussion inside the UFC that "Cro Cop," who was not under contract to PRIDE, would make his cage-fighting debut versus Jake O'Brien, a young, undefeated fighter whose strength is on the mat.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well slap my ass and call me a *****...at least I get to see CC kick the piss out of Sylvia.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I'm Tim Silvia right now:

I'm ****ing scared.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would be awfully conveniant if Sylvia and the UFC couldn't come to terms on a contract right about now...just thinking in terms of the hype machine.

CC will dominate and Sylvia should be scared.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Holy smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!

CroCop will DOMINATE.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The UFC is fighting back hard. Fedor and CC pull out of NYE and the UFC picks up Rampage, Herring, and Crocop. The UFC's stock is rising, although Pride is still #1 for the time being IMO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The UFC heavy's are *****ing there pants right now. What a huge step in the right direction for the UFC.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I think that some of these MMA news sites may have jumped the gun. Maybe he's still trying to get a higher offer from Pride.

Mirko :
"I have received an offer from UFC and some other companies, BUT I HAVE NOT PROMISED NOTHING TO NOBODY, NEITHER SIGNED ANY CONTRACT ABOUT MY FUTURE FIGHTING COMPANY.!!!!
I will call a public conference, where I'll reveile my decision.
I don't know who is the source in my club, because nobody beside me knows what will I do in my future sport career."
http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/ostalis...2,14,,54543.jl

His manager confirms it was all BS too
http://www.tportal.hr/sport/ostalo/p...4/0207006.html

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm, to be honest I'd rather see him stay in Pride, how about the rest of you guys?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmmm, to be honest I'd rather see him stay in Pride, how about the rest of you guys?
Yes I would much rather see him in PRIDE where he has competition. He needs to beat both Fedor and Nog before moving to anothe org.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just want to see Sylvia take a left high kick to the jaw :jaw:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, that would be just as great!

WSUstudent

Awards
I don't think they've announced this yet, but I heard the UFC signed Crocop for a 3 fight 6 million dollar deal. The guy who told me didn't say where he heard it from, but I do know he trains with Sean Sherk. So maybe he got some inside info.
Lol he doesn't train with Sean. Sean trains with Team Bison in Minnesota, Crocop well he doesn't train there lol

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I just want to see Sylvia take a left high kick to the jaw :jaw:
How about his knees, the guys knees look so weak, one good kick would end his career. How do you chop down a tree, the same way i would chop down sylvia, assuming i wasnt some bum with a big mouth on a message board, lol.:icon_lol: :jaw:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Advertising at Sherdog.com

Sherdog is reporting that CC will be fighting Eddie Sanchez in the UFC. Of course, they've been wrong before.....
I saw that. If true, the UFC will introduce Crocop with a highlight reel performance vs an inexperienced (though undefeated) fighter. Worked for A. Silva :bruce1:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Lol he doesn't train with Sean. Sean trains with Team Bison in Minnesota, Crocop well he doesn't train there lol
You misunderstood his post, read it again. He's saying his source trains with Sherk, possibly giving the rumor some validity!?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The countdown for the end of Sylvia's reign has begun.
Also, as a side-note, I wonder what the UFC is going to do Herring:think:

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
No I'm pretty sure Sherk trains at the Minnesota martial arts academy. I know some guys from team Bison that went to train at mmaa after sherk won the belt because they thought he might help them get to the ufc.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nice!!!! , now i hope this proves to the unsuspecting US MMA fans tha pride fighting is a new level of physical combating.

When i describe pride to UFC fans i say its the difference between the kiddie and adult tables at turkey dinner.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Man I can't believe they are going to have Mirko fight some guy who's only had one fight in the UFC. If it was me they'd have to pay me about a million dollars to step into a cage with Crocop.:saw:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Sanchez probably just feels it'll be good exposure. If he puts up a good fight, he'll see much more action in the future. He is 6-0 right now. 1 loss to Crocop won't tarnish any record (unless, apparently, you are Wandy in the eyes of Dana/Chuck).

From the UFC's point of view, it should make a good highlight reel.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
I figure I could last just as long with Crocop as Tim will. I would curl up in the fetal position and he would kick me to death in about 12 seconds. Good ole COCKY-OVERATED Tim Sylvia finally will get his a** handed to him. Thank God! I remember when Tim called out Fedor. I think the quote was "bring on any of those chumps from Pride, Fedor, whoever, Ill beat any of em". Right! Well fatboy, you got your wish. Prepare to go to sleep in a hurry. That idiot will need therapy just to recover from the headkicks he gets hit with. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Did you see cro crops relentless hammer fist punches to wandy in the guard, he was stronger, bigger, faster and more confident than i ve ever seen, tim is in big trouble im going on a limb to say cro crop in 1st min of round two.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
It's is unfortunate that we Pride knowledgable fans of the UFC have to wait through Mirko's introduction via an inferior, to his level, opponent, before getting to the meat of the UFC ranks.

Assuming that Vera_Sylvia comes before Cro Cop_Sylvia, I hope that Sylvia beats Vera, then we get Cro Cop_Arlovski, who, ground able, should give us a better fight versus Mirko than Timmy will, and Timmy is still the Chumpion who is at his most cocky when he goes down hard.

The wildcards are Herring and Arlovski on who matches whom, the question for The UFC is who do they feed Sylvia to, Mirko or the Texas Crazy Horse, that will generate the most interest to generate the most PPV buys.

I still think Arlovski is the most talented HW currently in the UFC, besides his injury in the last Sylvia fight that forced him to remain standing throughout, he and Heath Herring match up well as Herring's striking has improved from K-1 but his primary Pride weapon, the knees to a downed opponent, are not permitted in the UFC. Personally, I hope AA rises to the new level of competition and makes this a three way race.

Interesting possible matchups.

How bummed out will MFS be when both of their champions have been beaten badly?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I still think Arlovski is the most talented HW currently in the UFC, besides his injury in the last Sylvia fight that forced him to remain standing throughout, he and Heath Herring match up well as Herring's striking has improved from K-1 but his primary Pride weapon, the knees to a downed opponent, are not permitted in the UFC. Personally, I hope AA rises to the new level of competition and makes this a three way race.
Agree 100%. He could use a little more heart or focus when he's in a bad position like the end of Tim-Arlov II, but he's still got the most potential of the current UFC HW's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheNinja MMA 53
jas123 MMA 17
Beowulf MMA 2
MMA 4
Rodja MMA 47