Should CC/Fedor II happen in Vegas or Japan?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The date for this fight hasn't been set to my knowledge, but Crocop wants it to take place in Feb. in Vegas. It seems like the 5 min. rounds (given CC's gas tank issues) and NSAC scoring system would favor Crocop more. Of course, he couldn't use soccer kicks which he does occassionally. Fedor's game seems relatively uneffected by the different rules. I would like to see this in Japan since Fedor won the belt under the normal rules in Japan, but I guess the choice should really be up to Fedor as the champ. What do you guys think?

MMA trivia question: If the "Sakuraba belt" was up for grabs in every fight that the holder of it fought in, Crocop would have it now. How did it get from Sakuraba to Crocop?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For marketing and exposure, I would say Vegas, but for purists, it has to be in Japan.

Trivia: I assume by "Sakuraba Belt", you are talking about the belt given to him after he won the UFC:Ultimate Japan tournament. If so, it went from Sakuraba to Wandy to Arona back to Wandy and then to Crocop.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ya know I'm not sure where it originated, but it first changed hands at Pride 13. It said "Saku" on it, I think. Not quite the right path, but close.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, I would like to see Pride stay in Japan period. I don't like the rules that have to be followed here in the states. I like head stomps, soccer kicks, and knees to the head!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya know I'm not sure where it originated, but it first changed hands at Pride 13. It said "Saku" on it, I think. Not quite the right path, but close.
That is when Saku and Wandy fought...where did I deviate from the path?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking Saku to Wandy to Hunt to Barnett to Crocop. They should have the fight in Japan.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Im pissed that elbows werent even allowed in vegas, a local fighter fought there, pretty crazy seing one of your old friends in a pride arena with a gladiators mask and see him do decent against a pride phenom he made it to the second round and got gassed. travis galraithe.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking Saku to Wandy to Hunt to Barnett to Crocop. They should have the fight in Japan.
That's it. Saku wore the "Saku belt" to the first Silva fight and when Silva won, Saku gave it to Wandy.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Im pissed that elbows werent even allowed in vegas, a local fighter fought there, pretty crazy seing one of your old friends in a pride arena with a gladiators mask and see him do decent against a pride phenom he made it to the second round and got gassed. travis galraithe.
Damn, you don't even know how to spell your friends name:twisted: Travis Galbraith:run:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Damn, you don't even know how to spell your friends name:twisted: Travis Galbraith:run:

haha oops i didnt even notice that i missed the b and added an e but oh well not big story but kinda unreal to see.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it really matters where they have the fight. Japanese rules shouldn't have much impact on these two, minus Crocop's occasional soccer kicks. But having an all out heavyweight battle, so that people can see some real heavyweights fight, might be good for Pride's American endeavor.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Tough question. I'd love to see it happen in Vegas (only because I'd be there to see it) but I think the title should be under official Pride rules rather than modified rules for the US. The 5 minute rounds will help CroCop more because Fedor doesn't seem to fatigue, period. Regardless, I see this fight going much the same as the first...only way CroCop wins is by High Kick. But damn, CroCop is fired up and looking amazing lately...could it happen...probably not.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
haha oops i didnt even notice that i missed the b and added an e but oh well not big story but kinda unreal to see.
Galbraith was pretty damn impressive, I believe that was the first time I'd seen him fight. I hope they give him another shot.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Galbraith was pretty damn impressive, I believe that was the first time I'd seen him fight. I hope they give him another shot.
Oddly he also fought GSP a few years ago, got beat down but not to bad for a semi dedicated athlete.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Damn, did he have to make 170, because he doesn't look like a small 205er.
yeah i think so, he's only 6' but has done a few cycle lately like anavar and winstrol i think. got more cut up and toned.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
The Fedor/CC2 will be in Japan for sure. The gate on that puppy would be way to big to blow for a little extra american exposure. They'll milk the 40k gate in Japan, and push the PPV here.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The Fedor/CC2 will be in Japan for sure. The gate on that puppy would be way to big to blow for a little extra american exposure. They'll milk the 40k gate in Japan, and push the PPV here.
yeah sounds right to me, america is not ready for pride, the same way that if the world cup came here it could not compete with a european venue IMO. yesterday i watched "the best damn sports show period" and they had "50 best damn beat downs".
It was entertaining but i was pissed to see that quinton "rampage" jackson and fedor fight was NOT on the list, its was a very entertaining fight. As well as tysons beating at the heavy heavy hands of ray mercer.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Rampage and Fedor never fought. Did you mean Randleman? Or maybe I misinterpreted.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Rampage and Fedor never fought. Did you mean Randleman? Or maybe I misinterpreted.
damn maybe it was randleman, it was the fight where randleman? slammed fedor on his head, fedor wasnt fazed then fedor went on to win. I forget the slam made me think rampage but im prolly wrong.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Fedor taking that slam and submitting Randleman within like 30 seconds was pretty legendary.

size

Awards
  • Established
Japan. My reasoning is so that drug tests will not be an issue and scoring/rounds will be Pride rules