What should Shamrock's gameplan be?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Let's face it this match will almost surely end with Ken being Shamrocked, but his gameplan of standing and trying to KO Tito hasn't worked. What should his gameplan be?

I don't know if he can take Tito down, but I'd like to see him try to put Tito on his back and land some punches. Maybe eventually towards the end of a round, he could go for a heelhook or kneebar.

Despite his poor performance in recent years and the TUF show making him look bad (whether deserved or not), Ken was a big deal back in the early days of the UFC and part of me wants to see him go out on top.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im really not sure what his gameplan should be. Maybe better takedown defense, and get tito against the fence and pound him.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One word: Sprawl. Take away his takewdowns and Tito is a very poor fighter. He does not have good stand-up skills and takedowns and short elbows are his best weapons.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One word: Sprawl. Take away his takewdowns and Tito is a very poor fighter. He does not have good stand-up skills and takedowns and short elbows are his best weapons.
TRUE. he is really good at ground and pound. I think shamrock should fight in the clench.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TRUE. he is really good at ground and pound. I think shamrock should fight in the clench.
Shamrock should watch the Couture and Tito fight everyday, several times per day. Between takedown defense, sweeps, and dirty boxing, Randy owned Tito(the slap on the ass is one of the greatest moments in MMA).

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
He should simply revert to his old fighting style...shoot fighting...it proved itself in the past against some great fighters...even Bas Rutten. Ken's ground work has always been his better trait...forget standing up and trying to strike with Tito...Shamrock can take a beating but it's not worth it...a nice leg lock on Tito would be awesome.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shamrock should watch the Couture and Tito fight everyday, several times per day. Between takedown defense, sweeps, and dirty boxing, Randy owned Tito(the slap on the ass is one of the greatest moments in MMA).
Hahaha I agree. I cant wait to watch the prefight weigh ins tomarrow.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Tito is kind of 1-dimensional, but I'm not sure Ken has the reactions to sprawl in time these days. He did against Fujita but that was 6 years ago.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think he should try to kick his ass.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
He needs to stop looking at MMA circa 1994 and get with the times. He needs to go train with BTT or Chute Boxe and spend a year training with those guys.

Or he needs to bring a bat to the ring.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He needs to stop looking at MMA circa 1994 and get with the times. He needs to go train with BTT or Chute Boxe and spend a year training with those guys.

:icon_lol: :twisted:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He should simply revert to his old fighting style...shoot fighting...it proved itself in the past against some great fighters...even Bas Rutten. Ken's ground work has always been his better trait...forget standing up and trying to strike with Tito...Shamrock can take a beating but it's not worth it...a nice leg lock on Tito would be awesome.
Shamrock was on a local ClearChannel station around here last week and was talking about how that's part of his gameplan. He said that taking a beating in order to wear down his opponent is something he expects to happen in his matches...that is an awful idea against somebody like Tito that is not known to gas.

He also went on to say how he felt that TUF made him out to be an ass and that he thought the second fight was basically fixed.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

They should really start an MMA legends league for these 40+ guys who want to keep fighting. Think about it, Saku, Coleman, Shammy, Frye, Royce, Randy, Bas, and more fighting each other. That would be entertaining.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They should really start an MMA legends league for these 40+ guys who want to keep fighting. Think about it, Saku, Coleman, Shammy, Frye, Royce, Randy, Bas, and more fighting each other. That would be entertaining.
Thats a good fricken idea bro! I think there would be some great fights. That would be an awesome thing for MMA.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
...and they shouldn't drug test :twisted:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Try not to get his ass beat.

I think that involves, most importantly, SPRAWLING. I know has Ken good submissions, but that is only one part of a solid ground game. He really doesn't have the other parts.

He needs to stay on his feet and try trading with Tito like he did against Fujita.

I think that's his only hope.

tattoopierced1

shamrock's gameplan should be to not get killed... that is all.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
shamrock's gameplan should be to not get killed... that is all.
:icon_lol:

yah he didnt look to confident when face to face with tito at the weigh ins. He's gonna get beat again....then we can see if he cries again. Oh and when he was talking right after the weigh in look at dayna white's face, looks like he's disgusted or has no respect for shamrock. Maybe Tito's his poster boy and just speculating but could have the fight fixed in Tito's favor but i doubt it.

size

Awards
  • Established
Shamrock needs to stay on his feet or get Ortiz on his back.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never liked that Herb Dean guy anyway. What a ***** referee. What happenend to Big John?

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
From what I seen last night on Spike...Tito has got his ducks in a row in regards to his training and nutrition in Big Bear.

Plus even though I am not the greatest fan of Tito, he did make good reference to Shamrock's uncaring style of training when prepping his guys on the Ultimate Fighter and even not showing up for one of training sessions.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I seen last night on Spike...Tito has got his ducks in a row in regards to his training and nutrition in Big Bear.

Plus even though I am not the greatest fan of Tito, he did make good reference to Shamrock's uncaring style of training when prepping his guys on the Ultimate Fighter and even not showing up for one of training sessions.
That is an old video from their fight in July. I doubt that he has deviated too far from that routine, but it is still an older video from a previous fight. Tito's cardio has only been an issue once, but he has been battling a lot of injuries. Shamrock's best chance is that Tito gets hurt early in the fight and can capitalize on the injury.

blackheart

blackheart

Awards
Why do they keep running these fights? Is the motive strictly commercial (not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as people still want to see it, but personally I am gettin tired of it)? I mean how many times does Ortiz have to beat this guy?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do they keep running these fights? Is the motive strictly commercial (not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as people still want to see it, but personally I am gettin tired of it)? I mean how many times does Ortiz have to beat this guy?
This fight is happening because the last one was stopped WAY too early. I admit Tito was in a dominant position, but his elbows were hiting cleanly. Herb Dean is overprotective of the fighters and usually stops his fights too early.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So shamrock might have been dazed as tito said "his body went completely limp", so what, People paid to see a fight between 2 bitter rivals. THat fight was so hyped up and turned out a huge dissappointment. I dont care if shamrock was taking a beating the fact is he could have taken ALOT more, point in case, their first fight. So I think they are doing a good thing airing it for free, lets hope its a great fight. I personally would want shamrock to win so that he would first of all shut the hell up and second of all, it would leave Tito pissed and he might want a rematch LOL.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I saw something about Shamrock saying he takes a bit of a beating to tire the other guy so he can take over. What does Ken need to do to win: Don't tire your opponent out with your face :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL this has been a ken bashing thread. I dont got nothing against the guy but boy is it funny!!!!:D

blackheart

blackheart

Awards
good call -- pretty much ended up as predicted.

ken's gyno not looking so good, but not as bad as the guy in the first fight.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol im beginning to like your presence here blackheart lol.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ken gets beat on the ground again. Same as the second fight pretty much. Ken's got a weak chin for sure and his body is just out. He needs to retire. I didnt know Tito was going with Jenna Jameson.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I didnt know Tito was going with Jenna Jameson.
yeah me neither, I wonder what that must be like... got to hand it to Tito and Ken though for burying the hatchet... That was such a touching moment.

looking forward to Tito vs Chuck in december

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
well last time i checked he still had his gyno after like 5 years so that would be a good place to start lol