Ufc 63

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    I hate to harp on this, but anyone who thinks UFC is better then PRIDE is out of there mind. Compare Final Conflict to UFC 63, I'd say a 9 and a 5 respectively.
    Yep. Going into both events for me only Hughes/Penn was in the same class as the 3 OWGP matches, Kharitonov vs. Aleks, and Overeem vs. Arona. Hopefully, with the new found wealth of talent in the LW division, we should see more name fighters squaring off every event.
    •   

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage
    Let's be honest here, he will be thoroughly molested by Sherk.
    I will hold off on Sherk until I see how he handles dropping from 170 to 155. Griffin is not a small LW either and his striking is much better than Sherk's.

3. BJPenn.com - Home of The Prodigy

Interesting Penn interview from yesterday. He says he injured his ribs at the end of the 2nd and this was the reason for his immobility and problems in the 3rd.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I will hold off on Sherk until I see how he handles dropping from 170 to 155. Griffin is not a small LW either and his striking is much better than Sherk's.
    I seriously doubt his striking is much better than Sherk's. That's one part of Sherk's game that always gets underrated. Sherk out-boxed Nick Diaz, which is far from easy.
    •   

5. Sherk does have pretty decent striking. He's so compact and keeps his hands up religiously so it's tough to hurt him. I think Sherk is kind of boring, but I don't see anyone stopping him at 155. Maybe Kenny 'Ginsu' Florian will get 'lucky' and slice him a la Leben.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    GSP is probably thinking that no matter how much Hughes trains in boxing, he'll never be good at it and his stated belief in his ability and desire to KO someone is going to get him KO'd.
    By the looks of the reactions. I think he was just trying to pull his leg. Cause when all of Hughes' posse got all upset at the comments, GSP appeared to be apologetic.

But on the boxing note, so it isnt just me that thinks his punching looks mediocre?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox
    By the looks of the reactions. I think he was just trying to pull his leg. Cause when all of Hughes' posse got all upset at the comments, GSP appeared to be apologetic.

But on the boxing note, so it isnt just me that thinks his punching looks mediocre?
    It is not only you; most think that Hughes standup is not very good. He uses strikes as a liason to takedowns.

8. I don't necessarily think his striking is good, but I thought that it looked better in this fight than I remembered it being in the past.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. UFC vs Pride
    By KD1 in forum MMA
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 10:10 AM
  2. UFC 63 Hughes vs Penn/Swick vs Loiseau
    By NO HYPE in forum MMA
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
  3. UFC 54, Anyone Watching Sat?
    By BingeAndPurge in forum MMA