Poll: Who will win the OWGP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

OWGP Winner Poll

  1. OWGP Winner Poll


    Vote for your pick for the winner of the OWGP. Let's see what the collective wisdom of AM says...


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    Vote for your pick for the winner of the OWGP. Let's see what the collective wisdom of AM says...
    I'm choosing Wandy to win, but I'm pulling for Mirko. I can't wait for that rematch!

  3. I chose Nog. His boxing is good, he can take a hell of a beating and is great at slowing down intense strikers. All that and there's nobody in the world better on the ground than he is.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    I chose Nog. His boxing is good, he can take a hell of a beating and is great at slowing down intense strikers. All that and there's nobody in the world better on the ground than he is.
    It's hard not to pick him to win. He is one tough SOB. This weekend I saw his fight with with Bob Sapp for the first time. It's damn near impossible to put Nog away.

  5. Had to go with Nog. I hope it's not Cro-cop/Barnett in the finals. Ideally I'd like to see Silva/Nog in the finals, and Silva winning. I don't see that happening so I'm taking Nog. I can't f*cking wait, potential to be the best card ever.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    Vote for your pick for the winner of the OWGP. Let's see what the collective wisdom of AM says...
    Who are you taking Jas?

  7. He picked Wandy.

  8. Ah Rogue, you're taking Barnett. Probably a good pick. If Nog gets him on his back he may be in trouble though.

  9. Yeah, I picked Wandy because of his heart and his cardio, but I'm starting to change my mind and probably will continue to until it happens. Barnett or Nog might be wiser choices since they both will probably be in better shape than CC or Wandy after their first fight.

    For the Nog/Barnett fight, I think Nog will have a lot of trouble taking him down. Do you guys think Barnett will try to stand with Nog and hope to win a decision? I've always thought Nog's boxing was a bit overrated.

  10. Here are the results from Pride's site:

    1. Wanderlei Silva 2,819
    2. Mirko Crocop 2,804
    3. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 1,559
    4. Josh Barnett 889

    Pretty close between Silva and Crocop, I'll take Crocop as the winner.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    Yeah, I picked Wandy because of his heart and his cardio, but I'm starting to change my mind and probably will continue to until it happens. Barnett or Nog might be wiser choices since they both will probably be in better shape than CC or Wandy after their first fight.

    For the Nog/Barnett fight, I think Nog will have a lot of trouble taking him down. Do you guys think Barnett will try to stand with Nog and hope to win a decision? I've always thought Nog's boxing was a bit overrated.
    You're right, I think Nog will have a lot of trouble taking Barnett down. If he can out work Barnett and get a takedown late Barnett may be in trouble. Like you my heart is with Wandy, I'd love to see him and Fedor go at it on NYE. It will be a bit painful to see Wandy get dominated, but hey anything is possible.

  12. It is very hard for me not to pick Wandy, but I think that Barnett will beat Nog by decision and then beat Wandy by decision. Of course, Crocop may just KTFO of everyone.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Which two Pride Nuthuggers want an invite to the private P2P tracker to get the OWGP?

    PM me at mindandmuscle.net, first come, first serve.
    I hope somebody has jumped on this! I got in on the action about a week ago and my computer has not been turned off since then. Thanks again for the invite RD.

    Anyway, I totally forgot to take into account multiple fights in one night for two of the fighters. Gosh, what was I thinking! I'm still going to stick to my pick with Wandy, but I think Nog looks better in hindsite.

  14. Here's some pics of Wandy and Nog after they arrived in Japan. Nog looks thinner than 244 this time. Silva's a beast, but he just doesn't look right with hair.

    OWGP Final Round Fighter Arrival Photo Thread - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    Here's some pics of Wandy and Nog after they arrived in Japan. Nog looks thinner than 244 this time. Silva's a beast, but he just doesn't look right with hair.

    OWGP Final Round Fighter Arrival Photo Thread - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums
    Very true; with hair he looks goofy, but without he looks like a madman. Plus you can't see the tat on the back of his head.

  16. Honestly, I can see each one of these guys winning but since I am forced to choose, I went with Barnett.

  17. The "Wandy nuthuggers" are out in force

    This will definitely be interesting. I wonder how Silva will deal with either of the big, strong submission specialists.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    The "Wandy nuthuggers" are out in force

    This will definitely be interesting. I wonder how Silva will deal with either of the big, strong submission specialists.
    I wouldn't exactly call Barnett a submission specialist, but his size will be a problem for Wandy. I think the only way that Barnett will win the GP is by decisions.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    The "Wandy nuthuggers" are out in force
    I'm actually a Cro Cop fan...but I'm also a realist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I think the only way that Barnett will win the GP is by decisions.
    I hope it doesn't come to that. I don't want to see Barnett in the final round. Maybe I'm just biased b/c I'm a long time Couture fan...that and I really do like the other three fighters a lot.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    I'm actually a Cro Cop fan...but I'm also a realist.



    I hope it doesn't come to that. I don't want to see Barnett in the final round. Maybe I'm just biased b/c I'm a long time Couture fan...that and I really do like the other three fighters a lot.
    I actually really like Barnett and I think that he is being overlooked in the GP. He has a great persona for MMA and he is not a LnP fighter. I just don't think that he has the subs or power to catch Nog, Crocop, or Wandy for a (T)KO or a sub.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I actually really like Barnett and I think that he is being overlooked in the GP. He has a great persona for MMA and he is not a LnP fighter. I just don't think that he has the subs or power to catch Nog, Crocop, or Wandy for a (T)KO or a sub.
    I agree, Barnett has a really good chance of winning the whole thing. He does have a great persona for MMA, some people think he's obnoxious, but I think he's a funny well spoken guy. In a way I'm rooting for him, because I want to see Fedor school him.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    I agree, Barnett has a really good chance of winning the whole thing. He does have a great persona for MMA, some people think he's obnoxious, but I think he's a funny well spoken guy. In a way I'm rooting for him, because I want to see Fedor school him.
    I think that if most knew that he has a pro-wrestling background, then they would understand his character. I thought Hunt would beat him because he looked bad against Aleks, but he took Hunt out in the first round with an aweful kimura. You never know in MMA...

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    I agree, Barnett has a really good chance of winning the whole thing. He does have a great persona for MMA, some people think he's obnoxious, but I think he's a funny well spoken guy. In a way I'm rooting for him, because I want to see Fedor school him.
    This is an amazing card b/c each fighter has a legit chance at taking the whole thing...and that's kind of rough about the whole Fedor thing, lol.
    Last edited by stxnas; 09-08-2006 at 11:45 PM.

  24. I think that is an accurate description...we'll have plenty to talk about after. I look forward to your analysis, Rogue.

  25. WOW! Great card, probably the best MMA event I've seen

  26. The votes for CC bounced up mysteriously lately....

  27. Pretty hard to complain, but I will. They cut it a half hour short and didn't show Kiss/Nakamura and Morais/?. That event had me very emotional. Definitely a top ten event in my book.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Pretty hard to complain, but I will. They cut it a half hour short and didn't show Kiss/Nakamura and Morais/?. That event had me very emotional. Definitely a top ten event in my book.
    Lee Tae Hyun...And it was an okay fight at best. Somebody needs some cardio...I hate watching two guys hug eachother in the ring. The card overall was pretty damn amazing and I can't to see what everybody has to say about it!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2009 Mr. Olympia Winner - Poll
    By MF210 in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
  2. Poll: Methyl 1 test, How did it work for you.
    By ak-47 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
  3. Attention: We Have Board Rules Poll Winners
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 08:39 PM
  4. Poll:Situps/crunches
    By curt2go in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 02:05 AM
  5. your preference,poll.
    By inertia in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Log in
Log in