My school is gonna have an MMA club

• Thread starter mywetnightmares
  • Start date

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
How sweet is that, it's still in the early stages and it might end up being two seperate clubs, one for grappling/BJJ with a little bit of MCMAP and one for Muay Thai/ kickboxing. The Muay Thai side has already started and the jury's still out as to when the rest of it will come together, but right now it looks like it's gonna happen.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Until some kid decides to try and knock somebody senseless.

Hopfully it comes through. I just grow wary of kids trying to imitate rough fighting. At least when kids go to outside sources it makes the parents look into things and keep involved(for the most part) because of the expense and time needed to get the kids through it. Schools offering it means your average dirt bag will get to learn how to beat the **** out of people in a variety of ways.

I think I just went into rant mode :)

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
This is going to be a university club so it's mostly going to be people in their early to mid twenties, I know a bunch of the people that want to join personally and they're all good folks.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh **** man, I was trhinking high school. College is another ball game :)

axekick

Awards
That's awesome. Sounds like a good deal. Will dues be included with your gym membership?

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
Probly not, there's probly going to be some fee either yearly or every semester.

Until some kid decides to try and knock somebody senseless.

Hopfully it comes through. I just grow wary of kids trying to imitate rough fighting. At least when kids go to outside sources it makes the parents look into things and keep involved(for the most part) because of the expense and time needed to get the kids through it. Schools offering it means your average dirt bag will get to learn how to beat the **** out of people in a variety of ways.

I think I just went into rant mode :)
In reality, these clubs transform shy kids that would get pick on into confident kids that beat the bully with initiation. There million kids in karate that still get beat up. BJJ is not karate. BJJ instills real confidence.

This is if your instructor is worth his weight in gold!

axekick

Awards
I love training MMA. Do you have prior training?

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
I have 4 years of wrestling as well as a few months of Muay Thai and a small amount of BJJ.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
In reality, these clubs transform shy kids that would get pick on into confident kids that beat the bully with initiation. There million kids in karate that still get beat up. BJJ is not karate. BJJ instills real confidence.

This is if your instructor is worth his weight in gold!

I took Karate as a kid and they TOOK my confidence away from me. I couldn’t learn while being treated like dirt.